Bowing and Curtseying

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Madeleine förs fram till altaret | SVT Play

lots of bowing and curtseying from the foreign royals as the King of Sweden arrives with Princess Madeleine at her wedding. Noticed that Sophie and Edward did not bow/curtsey even though I would think they should and Princess Charlene did even though I'd thinkshe wouldn't have to.

Why did Madeleine curtsy at 1:05 when her father was right beside her? Who was she curtsying to?

I noticed Victoria did a little nod with her head...maybe her father doesn't want her to curtsy. Benedikte is the King's cousin, but she should have curtsied indeed.

I wish too Charlene stopped curtsying to king and queen who are, technically speaking, her pairs...

anyway...such a pity that bowing and curtsying seems just a thing belonging to royal circles.

Actually Charlene is curtsying even to those "inferior" in rank to her!
See video at about 1:38

ROYAL: Prince Charles and Camilla welcome guests a | Archive Footage | ITN Source

I guess it's a sign of respect.

She does that as sign of respect to god her/our creator, protocol says that people should(most dont) show a sign of reverence to god when approaching the altar
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_j3jEs0gnE-U/TTq9g_0li4I/AAAAAAAAAeY/5fgBMIkHJUg/s400/genuflection.jpg

That is true of the Catholic Church because we believe that Christ is present in the tabernacle at the altar. I wasn't aware that it is practiced in Protestant religions, as well. In fact, I make a point of NOT genuflecting when I visit another house if worship. I'm pretty sure she was curtsying to the royals. Notice that the King didn't bow his head because be outranked everyone present (excluding The Lord, of course).

In the photo of Prince Charles that is below the video, Camilla & the woman are in the background & the woman is clearly curtseying to Camilla.

Some people did not like her dress - but it is a great CURTSEY dress!

The best dress to curtsy in is an A-line dress that is knee-length or longer, especially floor-length. The straight up-and-down ones are SO uncomfortable to walk in. I much prefer one with a bit of flare. You should practice your curtsies in front of a floor-length mirror, so you get the idea.

This is really incredibly cute :wub:
I was wondering how long he could hold on to the flowers until it got too much and he had to give them to his attendant :lol:

HRH the Duchess of Kent curtseying to HM the Queen Mother
(at the wedding of her daughter Lady Helen Windsor in 1992)

Duchess of Kent and QM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom