The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
What about her second?
Not televised

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Ah, she does it so very well.
Yes, she does.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Nobility

Princess Anne knows and does exactly what she is suppose to do. In some instances she may not like it, but she takes her position and responsibilities very seriously and has little patience for those that she feels do not. JMO.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post

I believe the title Princess Royal is a lifetime title. Princess Elizabeth never had the title because her aunt Mary had the title until her death in 1965 (well after Elizabeth was Queen). Anne was not given the title until after Mary's death.
The title is a life title - Anne will be Princess Royal until she dies.

What NGaltzine was saying was that while Anne will always be Princess Royal, the precedent she has will change. Right now she is the daughter of the monarch and has a precedent as such, in the future she will become the monarch's sister and have a different precedent, and one day she might be the aunt of the monarch, giving her another precedent. We saw this with the last Princess Royal, Princess Mary.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Madeleine förs fram till altaret | SVT Play

lots of bowing and curtseying from the foreign royals as the King of Sweden arrives with Princess Madeleine at her wedding. Noticed that Sophie and Edward did not bow/curtsey even though I would think they should and Princess Charlene did even though I'd thinkshe wouldn't have to.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Gentry

I wonder why Princess of Monaco always curtsey to kings or queens? Is it because her title as Her Serene Highness or else?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnius View Post
I wonder why Princess of Monaco always curtsey to kings or queens? Is it because her title as Her Serene Highness or else?
she doesn't have to, even if she's a Her Serene Highness. she's the wife of the head of state nevertheless. i guess she maybe does it as respect as the king is older than her, although personally i wish she didn't.

what strikes me is that victoria or benedikte didn't curtsy in the video. wonder why?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Anne's precedence is because she is the monarchs daughter. The honorific Princess Royal does nothing for her in terms of precedence which will drop as she becomes next the monarchs sister or later the monarchs aunt while still being Princess Royal for the rest of her life.
I was talking about the private court precedence. The (very little is actually known but our inside source revealed) one that everyone seems to get their panties in a bunch about!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
she doesn't have to, even if she's a Her Serene Highness. she's the wife of the head of state nevertheless. i guess she maybe does it as respect as the king is older than her, although personally i wish she didn't.

what strikes me is that victoria or benedikte didn't curtsy in the video. wonder why?
I noticed Victoria did a little nod with her head...maybe her father doesn't want her to curtsy. Benedikte is the King's cousin, but she should have curtsied indeed.

I wish too Charlene stopped curtsying to king and queen who are, technically speaking, her pairs...

anyway...such a pity that bowing and curtsying seems just a thing belonging to royal circles.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post

lots of bowing and curtseying from the foreign royals as the King of Sweden arrives with Princess Madeleine at her wedding. Noticed that Sophie and Edward did not bow/curtsey.
From the video: The King and Madeleine come to a halt as the groom walks up to meet them, at a point just in front of Frederik and Mary. Immediately prior to this moment the royals closest to the King show deference, the last being Charlene, who curtsies, followed by Marie of Denmark who drops a hurried but deep curtsey, and Prince Manuel of Bavaria who gives a low bow of the head. The royals past this point, including Prince Joachim, remain motionless. After the King has "handed off" Madeleine to the groom, he kisses her and walks a few metres to take his place in the front row. The only royals to show deference as he does this are Daniel and Victoria who both give little nods of the head.

I suspect the rolling bow/curtsey rhythm was upset because most of the royal party may have assumed that the King and Madeleine would meet up with the groom at the very front (close to the altar). However, the procession came to an (unexpected?) halt when the groom left his traditional position to meet the King and Madeleine half way up the aisle and directly in front of the royal seating area. At this stage, half of the royal group had bowed/curtsied and half had not. When the King continued alone to his place next to the Queen, apart from Victoria and Daniel the collective decision of the royal guests seemed to be that the moment had been lost.

v At 1m 14s of the video the procession of the King and Madeleine comes to a halt as they meet up with the groom. The uncertainty of the royal guests is evidenced by Princess Marie, who drops a very hurried curtsey, the last [visible] person in the royal group to do so. Her head is marked by the red arrow. Prince Manuel is two rows back completing his head bow.
Thumbnail image is a screen shot from the video.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wedding.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	289290  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post

lots of bowing and curtseying from the foreign royals as the King of Sweden arrives with Princess Madeleine at her wedding. Noticed that Sophie and Edward did not bow/curtsey even though I would think they should and Princess Charlene did even though I'd thinkshe wouldn't have to.
Why did Madeleine curtsy at 1:05 when her father was right beside her? Who was she curtsying to?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Why did Madeleine curtsy at 1:05 when her father was right beside her? Who was she curtsying to?
She was curtsying to all of the other royals who were present, at once.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post

She was curtsying to all of the other royals who were present, at once.
I haven't seen other royal brides do that before! I've seen them curtsy at the end of the ceremony, but never at the beginning.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Courtier

Victoria curtseyed to her left and right at the start of her wedding and then again at the end. See from 4.00mins in video
Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 AM
Gentry

A curtsey from the Governor-General of Australia to Her Majesty during the audience yesterday.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr...20audience.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
She does that as sign of respect to god her/our creator, protocol says that people should(most dont) show a sign of reverence to god when approaching the altar
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_j3jEs0gnE-...nuflection.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnius View Post
A curtsey from the Governor-General of Australia to Her Majesty during the audience yesterday.

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr...20audience.jpg
A damn fool action, in my opinion. Why on earth can't women just bow like men?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

The most illustrious Brazilian Monarchist, Professor Otto de Alencar Sá Pereira, bowing to HRH Prince Antônio of Brazil. The Prince is accompanied by his wife, Princess Cristina of Brazil (neé Princess of Ligne) and his second cousin, Princess Cristina Maria, Mrs. Calmon de Britto (neé Princess of Orleans-Braganza).

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...59667073_n.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesina View Post
I noticed Victoria did a little nod with her head...maybe her father doesn't want her to curtsy. Benedikte is the King's cousin, but she should have curtsied indeed.

I wish too Charlene stopped curtsying to king and queen who are, technically speaking, her pairs...

anyway...such a pity that bowing and curtsying seems just a thing belonging to royal circles.
Actually Charlene is curtsying even to those "inferior" in rank to her!
See video at about 1:38

ROYAL: Prince Charles and Camilla welcome guests a | Archive Footage | ITN Source

I guess it's a sign of respect.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Gentry

A curtsey to Prince of Asturias.

http://img2.europapress.net/fotoweb/..._57304_650.jpg