The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm amazed by the agility of Anne, her figure is great for 66.
Camilla was properly bashed by some because she's not able anymore to do those low curtseys. But she has some well known back problems and clearly has not the same fitness than her in laws...
]Yes, osteoporosis is a family problem with both her mother and grandmother living in chronic pain and dying from its complications.

I remember Zara showing how it was done and seeing Anne curtsey it's easy to see who taught her and how well.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm amazed by the agility of Anne, her figure is great for 66.
Camilla was properly bashed by some because she's not able anymore to do those low curtseys. But she has some well known back problems and clearly has not the same fitness than her in laws...
Well said. I am not a fan of curtseys but this one with the full on eye contact between the older Princess (albeit Princess Royal) and the younger King delighted me no end. It may be my favorite curtsey ever.
And I also am amazed at her ability to pull this off. In fact, I'm going to take the photo to my yoga instructor and ask her to help me get to that level.

Old 07-14-2017, 01:32 AM
Courtier

Bowing and Curtseying

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
Excellent! Very regal and correct

Wow, that's the deepest I've seen Anne curtsy since her wedding, before she and Mark left the Abbey! (which was 17 years before I was born, but I have seen video footage.)

FYI Nico, she will be 67 a month tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community
Old 07-14-2017, 01:39 AM
Courtier

By the way, does anyone have any other pics of Princess Anne curtsying? (besides her wedding of course, and the ones of her curtsying to Harald and Sonja.)

Old 07-14-2017, 01:57 AM
Nobility

Not everyone can make a deep curtsy, issues like health, weight and practice makes a big difference.

Camilla is not a young woman, she's got well known back problems and she didn't learn how to curtsy from the craddle like Anne did.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
By the way, does anyone have any other pics of Princess Anne curtsying? (besides her wedding of course, and the ones of her curtsying to Harald and Sonja.)

The only pic i have is very old. Back February 1972, Queen Elizabeth make a visit with Princess Anne to the Thailand.
Anne curtsy to King Bhumibol

http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/glit.../uktothai6.jpg
Old 07-14-2017, 03:18 AM
Majesty

The reverence by the Princess Royal is half-half failed, but not her fault. Du moment that she went down her knees, the towering King -as is the use in Spain- brought her hand to his lips. That caused that her arm was almost straight up while she was deep down. In this case the King had to wait for Anne to complete her curtsey, followed by the handkiss.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The reverence by the Princess Royal is half-half failed, but not her fault. Du moment that she went down her knees, the King -as is the use in Spain- brought her hand to his lips. That caused that her arm was almost straight up while she was deep down. In this case the King had to wait for Anne to complete her curtsey, followed by the handkiss.
I agree. It's always men's fault!

(Apologies to the forum's men in repeating a well known male sexism as a joke)
Old 07-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The only pic i have is very old. Back February 1972, Queen Elizabeth make a visit with Princess Anne to the Thailand.
Anne curtsy to King Bhumibol

http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/glit.../uktothai6.jpg
It doesn't work; it just says "Image hosted by Angelfire"
Old 07-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Majesty

. It work for me.

Try this, is all the article for this visit!

http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/glit.../uktothai.html
Old 07-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
HRH The Princess Royal Curtseying to Their Majesties The King and Queen of Spain 2017:
Princess Anne dazzles in diamonds | Daily Mail Online
QUEEN Anne??? That's the Daily Fail for you!
Old 07-14-2017, 04:58 PM
Courtier

There was a pic buried somewhere in this thread of Anne curtseying the King and Queen of Norway for their joint birthday celebrations. Same depth. Too tired to dig it now..
Old 07-14-2017, 11:14 PM
Courtier

Bowing and Curtseying

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
There was a pic buried somewhere in this thread of Anne curtseying the King and Queen of Norway for their joint birthday celebrations. Same depth. Too tired to dig it now..
It's on page 22, if that's the one you're thinking of. Any others?

Old 07-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I don't know whether this picture was posted or not.
Princess Anne curtsying to King Harald at Lillehammer.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...B15_034362.jpg

Picture from photoshot!
It was indeed page 22! The Princess Royal is a really a hard act to follow, this one is just as deep as her wedding curtsey and that to King Felipe.

She is probably the last of an era where a curtsey is courtesy and doesn't provoke screeds of "Oh I wouldn't degrade myself like that.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Aristocracy

It was nice that Princess Anne, Princess Royal curtsy to their Majesties.

Hopefully, Anne curtsies to her parents, and her elder brother, Charles.

I wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie bow to their aunt Anne? I wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie bow to their uncle Edward?
Old 07-15-2017, 02:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
It was nice that Princess Anne, Princess Royal curtsy to their Majesties.

Hopefully, Anne curtsies to her parents, and her elder brother, Charles.

I wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie bow to their aunt Anne? I wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie bow to their uncle Edward?
No, Beatrice and Eugenie are princesses of the blood royal, HRH's alike their aunt and uncles. And a reverence is always optional, never an obligation. For me -a conservative royalist- curtsies better should be abolished. I found it very awkward to see a royalborn Anne going through her knees for the girl-next-door.

Reverences worked since ladies like Sofía, Frederika, Joséphine-Charlotte, etc. were princesses of the blood royal themselves. These times are over. It was equally awkward to see former newsreader Letizia going through her knees for former banker Máxima. Then it has become a vaudeville, a part of the "oh yes, let us pretend I am higher born and you go down the knees for me"-play.

Better do it like Wimbledon: end the circus. I love traditions but these need to have a real meaning. What is next? The Princess Royal going down her knees for a former waitress from Kristiansand?
Old 07-15-2017, 12:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It was indeed page 22! The Princess Royal is a really a hard act to follow, this one is just as deep as her wedding curtsey and that to King Felipe.

She is probably the last of an era where a curtsey is courtesy and doesn't provoke screeds of "Oh I wouldn't degrade myself like that.
There's also this one; 2:15 into the video.

Old 07-15-2017, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

I have never seen members of the BRF bow or curtsey to anyone other than the Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla. IMO after the Sovereign + spouse, Heir + spouse it just gets ridiculous
Old 07-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

During the Belgian State Visit to Denmark , the belgian guests did not bow , did not curtsey .
Old 07-15-2017, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish prime minister Stefan Löfven greets princess Estelle at the reception of Crown princess Victoria's 40th birthday.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image