The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I agree. From what I can tell the royals just calmly continue with their meet and greet. Only the press appears to make an issue out of it as most royal houses have just set guidelines if people choose to bow or curtsey.
Yep. Even now with this Lebron thing. W&K's spokesperson came out and said that there was no protocol breach, yet the media keeps going on and on about it.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Courtier

At the St Andrews 600th anniversary event. Somewhere on the Daily Mail.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yep. Even now with this Lebron thing. W&K's spokesperson came out and said that there was no protocol breach, yet the media keeps going on and on about it.
Remember when Michelle Obama touched the Queen's back.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

^ Oh yeah, I definitely remember.

Here are the photos of Eugenie and Kate.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8181366706.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...8181079866.jpg
Old 12-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Bowing and Curtseying

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Nice curtsey from Princess Eugenie to Catherine.

Where did you see that? I could only find a cheek kiss one. Technically is supposed to be the other way around if William isn't there.

Or is that the first pic? You can't see Eugenie's lower half.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
How many times on these forums do we read so and so 'wows' America and its never the case.
Agree. Some of what is said in news articles is there to impress the folks back home. That's the truth.

Quote:
William in the span of less than 24 hours meets with the President of the United States, the Vice-President of the United States , the head of the World Bank and the United Nations.

That's really 'wowing' America
No, I wouldn't say so, though that isn't to say that list of meetings isn't impressive. Says a lot about the esteem Britain is held in, I think. This is less about a person than a position and a relationship between two countries. (But I've made that point before.)

There is absolutely no coverage that I have seen of this visit here on the West Coast btw. Zip. But that may be me. (Head in the sand. )
Old 12-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
At the St Andrews 600th anniversary event. Somewhere on the Daily Mail.
I didn't see it but I'm glad to know it happened. There were ugly stories a few years ago that Beatrice and Eugenie were in a snit about having to curtsey to William's new wife since they were "blood princesses" and she was not. It all sounded very petty, and just another excuse for the tabloid press to pileup on the York sisters, imo!

Technically they don't need to curtsey to Kate unless she is with William.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator

That's off because I've seen plenty coverage where I am.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That's off because I've seen plenty coverage where I am.
I believe you. Nothing in my newsfeed, though. If I weren't on this chat site I wouldn't know about it.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, I meant to say weird, not off. Yeah, the coverage has been blowing up on my newsfeed. It's been on all the morning and entertainment shows. Even the local and cable news shows has had stuff about them.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Majesty

I have seen NO coverage on the local affiliates KABC, KNBC, KCBS, KCAL9...zip zero nada. And talk radio is ignoring them, even the snarky talk radio stations. It's all over the cable stations though.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

I saw coverage on KNBC this morning.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I saw coverage on KNBC this morning.
My point stands, however. No sense of 'wow' here regarding anything happening with the Cambridges. In my daily rounds people are cluless as to what the British royals are up to on the East Coast, though this may be a function of the fact that if one is on the West Coast nothing that happens on the East Coast really counts.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
My point stands, however. No sense of 'wow' here regarding anything happening with the Cambridges. In my daily rounds people are cluless as to what the British royals are up to on the East Coast, though this may be a function of the fact that if one is on the West Coast nothing that happens on the East Coast really counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Where did you see that? I could only find a cheek kiss one. Technically is supposed to be the other way around if William isn't there.

Or is that the first pic? You can't see Eugenie's lower half.

I found another photo, but I still can't tell if Eugenie's curtseying. I think she might just be leaning in to hug Kate.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/460218012
Old 12-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic....whether or not there has been press coverage of the Cambridge visit to NYC is not the subject of this thread.

If you wish to discuss press coverage or lack thereof, please do so in the appropriate thread, which can be found here

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Visit to the USA - December 7-9, 2014.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thank you.

Zonk
Royal Chit Chat Moderator

Old 12-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

I found another photo, but I still can't tell if Eugenie's curtseying. I think she might just be leaning in to hug Kate.

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge meets Princess Eugenie of York at the... News Photo 460218012 | Getty Images
When in a strange land, its the familiar faces of a family member that is most appreciated. I don't think either Kate or Eugenie were thinking about protocol at that time.

Was even going to add a tag line saying "Family is the only ones you feel comfortable farting in front of" but decided against it. Kind of crude.

ducks and runs for cover out of Zonk's reach.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Honestly, with these pictures its hard to decipher IMO if Eugenie is curseying to Kate. I don't think so. The picture has been taken in a weird angle.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Nice curtsey from Princess Eugenie to Catherine.
Why would Princess Eugenie - a Princess by birth, be curtseying to Kate?
Old 12-10-2014, 02:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
Why would Princess Eugenie - a Princess by birth, be curtseying to Kate?
Because of Kates position in regard to Eugenies position ... nothing to do with a person - but everything about position.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Bowing and Curtseying

I don't think she did and it's seem it was a hug and kiss. Whether or not Eugenie is supposed to curtesy is dependent on the presence of William- if he is there, he is higher in precedence than her and Kate takes William's precedence. Without Wills, it's blood princess before married into the family in this part of the reign (Charles can reset it).

However, it appears that the only people that get constant bows and curtsies is the Queen and Philip from the family. Imagine how long the family Christmas party at BP would take with everybody bowing and curtseying to each other.