The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I'd like to see the Dutch RF in the US. Actually, any RF in the US. I always seem to hear the announcements later. Since I know the queen is coming, maybe I will try and see her. Jamestown is in NY, right?
Try a lot farther south. Jamestown is in Virginia.

Old 12-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Two main rules in royal State Visits

The first main rule in royal State Visits is that the Sovereign whose Reign is shorter, first visits the longer ruling Sovereign.
The other main rule is that a Sovereign only brings a State Visit to the same country, once in his/her Reign.

This means, as Queen Elizabeth II is the doyenne of Europe's Sovereigns, that all other Sovereigns have first paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom before having had the pleasure on a counter-visit by Her Majesty. Because of the unbelievably long Reign of Queen Elizabeth II, this rule has sometimes been adjested a few times.

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II pays a State Visit to the Netherlands, she visits the longer ruling Sovereign Queen Juliana

Queen Juliana pays a return-State Visit to the United Kingdom

Queen Beatrix pays a State Visit to the United Kingdom, she visits the longer ruling Queen Elizabeth II

Because Queen Elizabeth II has already paid a State Visit to the Netherlands in 1958, we have to await for King Charles to bring a State Visit to his longer reigning colleague in the Netherlands.

In 1962 Queen Elizabeth was at the Silver Wedding Ball in Amsterdam.
In 1986 Queen Elizabeth was for an Official Visit in the Netherlands (protocollair a bit lower than a State Visit)

Old 12-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Commoner

Hello! I have never written to any of these boards before, but I think I will join in on this one.

I really hope we can see a Dutch-Norwegian State Visit in 2007. The Norwegian King and Queen paid a State Visit to The Netherlands in April or May 1996, so a return visit to Norway would have been nice.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
The first main rule in royal State Visits is that the Sovereign whose Reign is shorter, first visits the longer ruling Sovereign.
The other main rule is that a Sovereign only brings a State Visit to the same country, once in his/her Reign.

This means, as Queen Elizabeth II is the doyenne of Europe's Sovereigns, that all other Sovereigns have first paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom before having had the pleasure on a counter-visit by Her Majesty. Because of the unbelievably long Reign of Queen Elizabeth II, this rule has sometimes been adjested a few times.

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II assumes the kingship

Queen Elizabeth II pays a State Visit to the Netherlands, she visits the longer ruling Sovereign Queen Juliana

Queen Juliana pays a return-State Visit to the United Kingdom

Queen Beatrix pays a State Visit to the United Kingdom, she visits the longer ruling Queen Elizabeth II

Because Queen Elizabeth II has already paid a State Visit to the Netherlands in 1958, we have to await for King Charles to bring a State Visit to his longer reigning colleague in the Netherlands.

In 1962 Queen Elizabeth was at the Silver Wedding Ball in Amsterdam.
In 1986 Queen Elizabeth was for an Official Visit in the Netherlands (protocollair a bit lower than a State Visit)
But why was there not an return State Visit of Queen Elizabeth II. to the Netherlands (except the 1986 Visit) ??

And why was there no belgian State Visit to Britain since the 60's.

Queen margrethe has also made two State Visits to the Uk already.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Sweden will make a state visit to denmark this spring here is a thread with royal calander dates http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ts-7454-2.html
Old 01-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Aristocracy

I hope it will be a state visit Spain/Belgium..
Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

There has been a spanish-belgian state visit not to long ago, so that will not happen. I think the King of Sweden and the Queen of Denmark have never aid a stat visit to Queen Beatrix (both did ay one to Juliana). The Luxembourg GD couple still has to go to Great-Britain, as do the Belgian king and queen.
Just wondering, when as the last time Queen Elizabeth I paid a tate visit to Spain, Denmark and Sweden? She never went to belgium or Luxembourg on a state visit I wonder.
Queen Beatrix only has Norway left I think and covered the other European monarchies in her statevisit.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
There has been a spanish-belgian state visit not to long ago, so that will not happen. I think the King of Sweden and the Queen of Denmark have never aid a stat visit to Queen Beatrix (both did ay one to Juliana). The Luxembourg GD couple still has to go to Great-Britain, as do the Belgian king and queen.
Just wondering, when as the last time Queen Elizabeth I paid a tate visit to Spain, Denmark and Sweden? She never went to belgium or Luxembourg on a state visit I wonder.
Queen Beatrix only has Norway left I think and covered the other European monarchies in her statevisit.
Queen Elizabeth Ii. paid a State visit to Spain in 1988, to Denmark in the 1970's and to Belgium in the 1960's and to Luxemburg in 1976.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Aristocracy

Ok Here are mine
Belgium/Denmark
Denmark/Spain
Jordan/Denmark
Luxembourg/Spain
Norway/Spain
Sweden/Denmark
England/Belgium
England/Denmark
Sweden/Norway
Sweden/Luxembourg
Luxembourg/Netherlands
Spain/Netherlands
Old 01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
There are already some information about that:

King Harald V. celebrates his 70's birthday.
You can read the calendar entry to get to know what's planned.
Read it here.

Queen Sonja
Royal guests are invited to a trip with the royal yacht Norge.
Read the calendar entry here.

So there will be big party for King Harald and a smaller party for Queen Sonja.
I'm looking forward to see many Pictures of Royal Guests from all over the world.
I just simply cannot bend my mind over the fact that she is 70.

The yacht thing had been done many times in Norway - I am embarrassed to say this, but I still have a videotape that has a 30min doc of Sonja's 60th birthday cruise (right before 4 episodes of Babylon5 ) They also cruised on their silver wedding anniversary.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Do we have an official list of State Visits. Any others that have been announced ?

Norway
Finland-State Visit
Germany-State Visit
South Korea- Crown Prince and Crown Princess
Chile-Crown Prince and Crown Princess
Family news and pictures thread

Sweden
Denmark-State Visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-11619.html
Netherlands-Crown Princess

United Kingdom
United States-State Visit
Uganda-Commonwealth Head of Government Meeting
The Netherlands-Official Visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-11637.html

Map for the British Royals
Old 01-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The Netherlands-Non State Visit (anyone know the correct term)
It's just called an Official Visit.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Harald & Sonja to Finland & Germany
Haakon & Mette-Marit to South Korea and Chile
Old 01-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

it's a shame state visits can only happen once in a reign... :(

i'd love to see a danish-norwegian, a dutch-spanish, a moroccan-jordan (specially!) belgium-dutch or a danish-spanish visit.

perhaps we can also start posting the state-official visits that we know already that will happen?

SO FAR...

(list taken from Oppie and kwanfan's post)

Sweden
Denmark-State Visit State visit from Sweden 9-11 May 2007

United Kingdom
The Netherlands-Official Visit Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to visit The Netherlands Feb 2007

The Netherlands

Princes Victoria visits the Netherlands (March)

Norway

Harald & Sonja to Finland & Germany
Haakon & Mette-Marit to South Korea and Chile

anything else?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-10-2007, 02:37 PM

http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page5531.asp

The Official Schedule of Her Majesty's visits to the Netherlands, Uganda and the USA. I for one can't wait to see Queen Beatrix and Queen Elizabeth together again!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Courtier

The Netherlands
Turkey-State Visit (Queen, Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima) http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...key-11802.html

Norway
Finland-State Visit
Germany-State Visit
South Korea- Crown Prince and Crown Princess
Chile-Crown Prince and Crown Princess

Sweden
Denmark-State Visit State visit from Sweden 9-11 May 2007
Netherlands-Crown Princess

United Kingdom
The Netherlands-Official Visit Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to visit The Netherlands Feb 2007

Old 01-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

Is it a rule that a monach could have just one state visit ? Is it a matter of budget or what?so we never see queen elizabeth in tiara in spain?
please someone kindly make list of those state visit that are left.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Commoner

Queen Margerethe II of Denmark has made two state Visits to Great Britain during the Reign of Elizabeth II. And King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway have paid a state visit to Scotland and England seperatley, is that considered Great Britain?...
Old 01-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Courtier

I don't know about other countries but in the case of the UK state visit are decided with the Foreign Affairs Office. State Visit are not just monarchs visiting each other but usually accompained with a governmental delgation.

With the three overseas visits the Queen is going in three different roles
Netherlands-Head of the Church of England
Uganda-Head of the Commonwealth
United States-Head of State of the United Kingdom
(if there was a visit to for example Australia then that for example would be a royal visit since the Queen is also the Head of State of Australia)

Old 01-11-2007, 02:46 AM
Nobility

Are there any state visits for the Belgian Royal Family or the Danish Royal Family yet?