Would They Have Married?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ I think it would be very hard to marry any of these men just for the money, prestige and titles. I can't imagine giving up my freedom and privacy and my future children's freedom and privacy for money and titles. They can't even go on vacations without being followed and look at how much they picked on for what they wear and how their hair looks or they're too thin? There's to many things attached to a prince to marry him for his bank account and title.

Palace politics, antique protocol and noses-up-in-the-air palace staff would be enough to have me running away from a prince.

^^^ I think it would be very hard to marry any of these men just for the money, prestige and titles. I can't imagine giving up my freedom and privacy and my future children's freedom and privacy for money and titles. They can't even go on vacations without being followed and look at how much they picked on for what they wear and how their hair looks or they're too thin? There's to many things attached to a prince to marry him for his bank account and title.

I whole heartedly agree with you. :flowers:
You would have to marry for love to put up with everything that comes with the title.

:ermm: I hate to throw a wet towel over what may indeed be true love but I'm a little pessimistic and even suspicious when the women who marry crown princes are typically stunners. I think the title is an aphrodisiac to many women and the crown princes don't much mind as long as they get the trophy bride.

:ermm: I hate to throw a wet towel over what may indeed be true love but I'm a little pessimistic and even suspicious when the women who marry crown princes are typically stunners. I think the title is an aphrodisiac to many women and the crown princes don't much mind as long as they get the trophy bride.

Money, power, fame, titles, palaces, private jets, servants,fleets of cars, polo ponies, private yachts, family private art galleries, family jewels, luxury homes all around the world - all make a man more attractive. The courship is a dream, the marriage turns out to be work. There are marriages that don't require so much work and turn out to be a dream. And you don't need all of the above.

Lets start with Camilla. She didnt want to marry Charles for well known reasons. One of them is that she never ever had any desire to perform the enourmous duties of a british consort what often shows today.

Letizia is the opposite. I believe she was much more charmed with the perspective of a guaranteed professional career than with Felipe himself. While she did have a career of her own, in television things can be very shortlived. Queen consort is a job for life, attention included. In her engagement interviews she stressed the importance of the "project" she would be part of from now on and her desire of working as Queen someday. Unfortunately, reality is not for modern women in casareal and these days she looks empty and desillusioned by the way the institution turned out to be.

Mary & Maxima were certainly charmed by the royal lifestyle and attention, it suits their personalities and they managed to be comfortable in their roles including the working part and the fluffy part. I dont think they would have married their husbands without the royal title and what goes with it but nevertheless both marriages seem to be good matches.

MM and Daniel are the only two I believe have married their partners DESPITE being royals. Both had to embarrass themselves (druggie past, fitness instructor) and were subject to lots of polemic. They certainly married for love only but if that's enough in the long run only time will tell.

Mathilde was noble therefore a wedding to Philippe came quite natural.

Duke of Marmalade, this is a very well done observation. I could agree no more.

I think from all the princesses Letizia must be the most disappointed one. She must have been very enthusiastic before her marriage and come back to a hard reality after getting her royal title after realizing she can't change or have an impact on what is so steady since centuries. From the career perspective before marriage Letizia was probably the most ambitious of the crown princesses. Being used to work very hard work I would say that she is also the hardest working crown princess with many engagements to handle with. But the most of these engagements are restricted to shaking hands or cutting ribbons or presenting prizes. That may be enough for the less career concerned crown princesses but not for Letizia who as a journalist she was used to stating her opinion or expressing criticism with regards to certain matters. Eventually I think for her just looking good, always smiling and producing royal children is actually not a dream job. She wanted more and after realizing that her new job for life would not offer her any other possibilities she started to get sad. You can see it in her weight lost I think that she is not that happy any more. At least you can see that she and her husband love each other. So she married also for love that makes everything easier for her. Let us hope that both will be able to keep their love above their duties and they will have a real chance.

Had Charles and Diana not been who they were, they would almost certainly never have got married in the first place for these reasons:

Charles was next in line to the throne and so his bride had to be Church of England and a virgin.

Diana was born into a family with generations of royal service behind them, and she had known the royal family since she was a child so their lives and ways were familiar to her. Her grandmother, Ruth, Lady Fermoy was the Queen Mother's best friend.

Diana was a virgin and in communion with the Church of England so she fitted the bill.

Lets start with Camilla. She didnt want to marry Charles for well known reasons. One of them is that she never ever had any desire to perform the enourmous duties of a british consort what often shows today.

Letizia is the opposite. I believe she was much more charmed with the perspective of a guaranteed professional career than with Felipe himself. While she did have a career of her own, in television things can be very shortlived. Queen consort is a job for life, attention included. In her engagement interviews she stressed the importance of the "project" she would be part of from now on and her desire of working as Queen someday. Unfortunately, reality is not for modern women in casareal and these days she looks empty and desillusioned by the way the institution turned out to be.

Mary & Maxima were certainly charmed by the royal lifestyle and attention, it suits their personalities and they managed to be comfortable in their roles including the working part and the fluffy part. I dont think they would have married their husbands without the royal title and what goes with it but nevertheless both marriages seem to be good matches.

MM and Daniel are the only two I believe have married their partners DESPITE being royals. Both had to embarrass themselves (druggie past, fitness instructor) and were subject to lots of polemic. They certainly married for love only but if that's enough in the long run only time will tell.

Mathilde was noble therefore a wedding to Philippe came quite natural.
DOM, you voice my opinions down to the core. yet I always get bashed somehow. :ermm:
Regarding the new marriages in the Jordanian RF Sarah Kabbani to PFaisal, and the athlete to Prince Hassan's son, does anyone have an opinion or inside knowledge? I for one think that SaraK would have never married Faisal had he not been who he is...

Whilst I agree with most of your guestimations in part, I wonder what the source of the above quote is?

Whilst I agree with most of your guestimations in part, I wonder what the source of the above quote is?

Its not a quote but my assumption that Camilla was always more comfortable as mistress what isnt unusual at all in these circles. She is rather a background person, never keen to marry Charles in the first place and perform duties under the microscope of the world media.

DOM, you voice my opinions down to the core. yet I always get bashed somehow. :ermm:
Regarding the new marriages in the Jordanian RF Sarah Kabbani to PFaisal, and the athlete to Prince Hassan's son, does anyone have an opinion or inside knowledge? I for one think that SaraK would have never married Faisal had he notJ been who he is...
I ask again the Jordanians amongst us, and anyone for that reason, what is your opinion regarding Zeina Saban and Sara Kabbani, would they have married their princes had they not been a HRH?

I ask again the Jordanians amongst us, and anyone for that reason, what is your opinion regarding Zeina Saban and Sara Kabbani, would they have married their princes had they not been a HRH?
ANYONE? ANYONE?:ermm:

Diana was a virgin and in communion with the Church of England so she fitted the bill.

How do you know Diana was a virgin, Catherine Helvin? I find this assumption fanciful to say the least, given her later peccadilloes for out of marriage sex with, shall we say, less than acceptable men.

How do you know Diana was a virgin, Catherine Helvin? I find this assumption fanciful to say the least, given her later peccadilloes for out of marriage sex with, shall we say, less than acceptable men.

When she married the Prince she was 20, it's been widely known for some time that Diana was chosen because she was a virgin. No one will ever know the real truth, other than Charles and possible her sisters.
What does her out of sex marriage in later life have anything to do with her virginity before? You can see from the stories and the pictures what kind of girl she was before her marriage, not one to go around sleeping with every man in town.

I am just going to talk about Mary, because she is Australian like me...I don't think she would have married Frederik if he WASN'T a royal...She even said herself that she wished he was Australian...maybe the attraction was sweetened by the perks and the attention and the ease of things and the constant getaways...And you have to ask, if Frederik wasn't royal, the onus then would not be on Mary to move to Denmark and renounce her Australian citizenship, Fred the non-royal, could have very well migrated to Australia...

I, of course think they are in love NOW because Mary has a good and easy life, lots of opportunities for romance, two beautiful children with this man, Australian relatives close by to lend support but would it have been the same if Frederik was not royal? Probably not, she may have got homesick and tired of it all and left him already, but because the pros outweigh the cons, she has to make it work for her and for her marriage...More is at stake now than if he were a commoner...

I am just going to talk about Mary, because she is Australian like me...I don't think she would have married Frederik if he WASN'T a royal...She even said herself that she wished he was Australian...maybe the attraction was sweetened by the perks and the attention and the ease of things and the constant getaways...And you have to ask, if Frederik wasn't royal, the onus then would not be on Mary to move to Denmark and renounce her Australian citizenship, Fred the non-royal, could have very well migrated to Australia...

I, of course think they are in love NOW because Mary has a good and easy life, lots of opportunities for romance, two beautiful children with this man, Australian relatives close by to lend support but would it have been the same if Frederik was not royal? Probably not, she may have got homesick and tired of it all and left him already, but because the pros outweigh the cons, she has to make it work for her and for her marriage...More is at stake now than if he were a commoner...
Ver acuurate observation!:flowers:

Ver acuurate observation!:flowers:
I agree to this observation. I don't doubt that both love each other but the fact that Frederik was a prince might definitely made it easier for Mary to fall in love with him.

How does any know this? Did Mary date a regular joe and as soon as she met Frederick she dumped him?

How does any know this? Did Mary date a regular joe and as soon as she met Frederick she dumped him?
The answer is ...no (as you know being a super moderator on the forum) Much written in this forum is specualtion, peoples gut feelings, info based on quotes and history of the new royal. I personally admire most of the Crown Princesses and the way they work hard and integrated to theeir role, yet believe that Maxima and Mary were looking for "winners" to marry, they wouldn't have married the 9-5 working man, and they did date highly succesful men prior being in a relationship with their princes.

I know a lot of people are going to diagree with me, but I don't think Camilla would've married Charles if wasn't a Prince. Right before their engagement became public, rumors were that she was getting tired of not attending state events with him, and wanted to be included as his wife AND as a ROYAL MEMBER.I think she would have NEVER married him, if he wasn't a prince.;) :)

Camilla was interested in Charles years and years ago. He wanted to marry her, but the request was denied. She was Catholic. Charles got shipped off for years, Camilla married someone else. What a different outcome it might have been had the Queen relented.

I know a lot of people are going to diagree with me, but I don't think Camilla would've married Charles if wasn't a Prince. Right before their engagement became public, rumors were that she was getting tired of not attending state events with him, and wanted to be included as his wife AND as a ROYAL MEMBER.I think she would have NEVER married him, if he wasn't a prince.;) :)

I have to disagree. She was with Charles a loooooong time - also they were encouraged by the Queen Mother to continue their affair after the wedding. And I believe Charles would've married Camilla instead of Diana in 1981 if he hadn't been a prince. I think Charles cared about Diana, but not in the way he should have, and in return, Diana truly loved him. The only reason Charles didn't marry Camilla is because he was Prince of Wales - the Queen wouldn't have allowed it because Camilla had had boyfriends in the past, just like with Princess Margaret - her relationship with Peter Townsend was cut short because he was divorced with two kids. Diana was a virgin, who came from noble blood without a "past", therefore she was considered "appropriate". The British Royal Family are one of the few monarchies, if not the only one, still living in the past in this way. It's quiet pathetic.

Mary, Mette-Marit and Daniel married into titles but there isn't that much of a bank account to boast about. If money was their primary motivator they could have done much better elsewhere. Charlene may have fallen in love with Albert the person buy initially I doubt whether she would have given Albert a second look if he was not a Prince!

For my opiniion, I think MM, Mathilde and Letizia would marry to his husband though they are not prince or lose their royal titles. I'm not very certain that Mary, Maxima and Charlene would do so if Fred, WA and Albert aren't princes and one day suddenly lose their royal titles. Certainly, Daniel would marry to Victoria no matter she isn't a princess. :flowers:

Why don't you think Mary, Maxima and Charlene wouldn't marry their husbands if they weren't princes???

If money was the object, I think they could have found richer men in their own countries instead of moving across the world, giving up your privacy etc.

It seems tom me that it is the CPs that are lucky here. I don't think that either of these women would marry for ANYthing but love. They can take care of themselves

For my opiniion, I think MM, Mathilde and Letizia would marry to his husband though they are not prince or lose their royal titles. I'm not very certain that Mary, Maxima and Charlene would do so if Fred, WA and Albert aren't princes and one day suddenly lose their royal titles. Certainly, Daniel would marry to Victoria no matter she isn't a princess. :flowers:

It seems tom me that it is the CPs that are lucky here. I don't think that either of these women would marry for ANYthing but love. They can take care of themselves

You are correct. These women are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. Sure they may not be able to purchase the designer they can now but before their princes came along they had thriving careers that paid well.

Mary, Mathilde, Charlene, Letizia, MM, Camilla and can we count Daniel? are definete yes' for me.
Marie-Chantal is a NoNo, even if she did marry a non-reigning Crown Prince.

Kate i'm unsure about.

We've talked about if or if not the Crown Princesses would have married thier husbands, but what about the men who are/were in their same position, like the late Prince Claus, Prince Henrik, Prince Philip, and now Prince Daniel?

We've talked about if or if not the Crown Princesses would have married thier husbands, but what about the men who are/were in their same position, like the late Prince Claus, Prince Henrik, Prince Philip, and now Prince Daniel?

Prince Henrik is from noble blood (House of Laborde de Monpezat), and yes, if the-then Crown Princess of Denmark was not of royal blood, I think he still would have pursued her. You just have to look at him when he with her...it's so sweet :flowers: Prince Daniel is a definite yes - he adores her.

Prince Phillip is the one I doubt - he came from the-then defunct Greek Royal Family and was reported to be rather unwealthy. I don't he was in love with the-then Princess Elizabeth when he married her, I think he has fallen in love with her during the course of their marriage. Her Majesty, on the other hand, is completely besotted by him. Even at her age, you can still tell she gets all giddy around him. If she was a commoner, or a lesser royal, I don't think he would have bothered.

I have to respectfully disagree with you, CrownPrincessJava, as Elizabeth was extremely attractive as a young lady. Btw, I've always wondered how two such attractive individuals, Elizabeth & Philip, created Prince Charles; Prince Andrew I can see, as he was drop dead gorgeous as a young man, and still attractive today, but Charles, not so much. Anyhow, just musing.

Back on topic, Elizabeth's pleasing countenance, combined with her undoubtedly ladylike manners, would have made her the creme of the ball regardless if she was royal or not, imho. Easy to see why Philip fell for her, and IIRC they corresponded for 8 yrs. before they were married in 1947.

Lol, in fact their love story has always been a favorite of mine, meeting so young when Elizbath was just 13 yrs. old & Philip 18. Love at first sight for Elizabeth (I do agree with you, CrownPrincessJava, that even to this day she seems so besotted with him, like "I can't believe he's mine", lol). :D

That said, Philip (imho), could have had his pick of any one, that's how gorgeous he was as a young man (leastways to me, lol). Royal on both sides of his family, educated, fluent in 3 languages, outstanding naval career, and a stickler for duty. He's a fav of mine, in case you haven't guessed, it is because of him that the royal family has lasted this long, imho.

He's a fav of mine, in case you haven't guessed, it is because of him that the royal family has lasted this long, imho.
Nooo, really???? :)

I saw pictures of them when first married, when she became Queen and now, and it appears to me he fell in love with her over a period of time. He got to know the woman once they were married, and I will never forget seeing footage of her coronation...he was in awe of her.

Queen Elizabeth still reminds me of a 16-year-old girl when she's around him and I just giggle. It's so sweet to see. He eyes light up whenever he is around her.

Would He Have Married Her? (and vice versa)

We have the "Would She Have Married Him" thread so here is one the other way around. I know questrions regarding this have been asked in the other thread but I thought it would be more appropraite and better organized if this thread was created.

So I wanted to get people's opinions on these couples (and others). Do you think the men would have married the women if they weren't in the positions that they were in?

Daniel and Victoria (if she wasn't the crown princess)
Henrik and Margrethe (if she wasn't the crown princess)
Philip and Elizabeth (if she wasn't the heiress apparent)
Constantine and Anne-Marie (if she wasn't a Danish princess)
Juan Carlos and Sofia (if she wasn't a Greek princess)
Pavlos and Marie Chantal (if she wasn't as wealthy as she is)
Ranier and Grace (is she hadn't been an actress)
Antony and Margaret (if she wasn't the Queen's sister)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom