Would They Have Married?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, so you are not believing, that the thing, that firstly, on this very evening, attracted her, was his status? (pls. don´t answer it with "It is irrelevant now" as some sugars answer everything, that could be unpleasant about her past), just answer it honestly and as you are thinking, it was. I´m now really curiously.

Side note: To signalise that I´m not thinking, this was Mary related behaviour: as they stories were told, I´m thinking, this was also the case for the other 3 commoner crown princesses.

BTW what closed site are you talking about?
I have no valid reason to state that I know what first attracted Frederik and Mary to each other - or Willem Alexander and Maxima or any other CP couple - and neither do you or anyone else. What we do here is guess - primarily based on our likes and not least dislikes. Some very insistent posters work hard to promote a rumour that Mary went for Frederik's status; I have read other claims that Maxima was determined to catch WA when she heard of his status. But in the end it is all hearsay and speculation - and more often than not two feathers turning into five hen.
People's position, work, interests etc. shape their characters; so if for example Maxima fell in love with the person WA has become due to his background and the same goes for Mary with Frederik, Mathilde with Phillipe etc. - so be it. It is no more dubious than if a woman fell in love with a famous adventurer whose character was formed by what he was doing and e.g the self-confidence he might be projecting.

...and my guess as to what made Frederik and Mary talk and feel attracted to each other the first time they met: sports and the enjoyment of ourdoor life. :)

When ppl are saying this, me always can´t help wondering one thing...how old are the oldest female newsreaders at TVE? And how many of them are mothers? And since it´s in Germany quite popular among newsreaders and journalists...how many of them are married to a high profile editor or manager at the media, they are working with?
I don´t wanna prove you "wrong", I´m just curious...

Ana Blanco of TVE is more than a decade older than Letizia, she is still there. If you are a top journalist, you will survive the normal age cap. Of course, looks is important on TV (not so important for correspondants though), thus even some of the world' top news hosts opt for plastic surgeries (ex. Barbara Walters) when they got older.
Most women love men who are a little bit more established than themselves, that's perfect normal. If Letizia had not married Felipe, she might end up with a famous writer (her ex was/is a writer), a known journalist or even a politician, all is possible. No need to force a pretty, successful career women to marry a waiter or a carpenter to prove that love does exist in this world :lol:.

But they could only imagine and not know until the situation was acutally there. Best example is Letizia who thought she could continue to work with TVE until Felipe set things straight during their engangement interview.

Letizia was hoping to complete the unfinished assignments on TVE. Friday prior to the engagement, She and her boss already agreed that Friday night would be her last newscast, however she still had other behind the scene work not completed yet. There were other princesses going back to work a little after the engagement, ex. Alexandra of Denmark.

I think Mary may NOT have married Frederik if he was just a Danish bricklayer...sure, they would have dated, tried a long distance relationship, but it wouldn't have lasted because I think Mary always wanted more (money, status, shoes)...Mary found out he was a Prince on the night they met in Sydney in 2000...and personally, I think finding out someone has status and money (and a title) makes them somehow ultimately more attractive and worth pursuing (when I found out my current partner was a homeowner that made him much more intriguing and attractive, the self-made man, if you will)...

I remember one interview in which Mary said she regretted that Frederik was not Australian, so maybe if he was just a Danish bricklayer, Mary may have convinced him to move to Australia? But the fact that Frederik was Prince of Denmark and required to live there, meant all the sacrifices had to be on her part...She has also said that there were no fireworks in the beginning of their relationship, I think it has been a slow burn friendship turned love affair, with Mary focused on one thing in the beginning (catching and keeping a Prince) and ended up finding something else (Frederik, the man, the husband and father)...

Mary and Frederick met in 2000. They knew each other for four years before they married. Let's not forget that she gave up her nationality, and her religion, as well as having to make a great effort to learn a new language and move to a new country. I truly believe this is a love match and one that will last.

Or she was just very determined to catch the big fish. Who knows? ;)

This whole thread smells just a little of hypocrisy - who here would rather marry a penniless bricklayer than a prince (okay, you can put down your hands now :lol:)?

It isn't quite as black and white as that; Mary, Maxima and Letizia were all well-educated professionals with nice academic families, Mathilde of aristocratic birth. It was probably always certain for them that they would marry well, i.e. men with university degrees, nice manners and earning potential. If Mathilde hadn't met the prince she would have married a count or a marquis like her sisters. Everything about their livestyles and tastes indicated that.

Women everywhere and at all times have done it - if you are fooled to believe otherwise, just make an acquintance with Jane Austen, who wrote entire volumes of novels about the subject... :flowers:

Letizia was hoping to complete the unfinished assignments on TVE. Friday prior to the engagement, She and her boss already agreed that Friday night would be her last newscast, however she still had other behind the scene work not completed yet. There were other princesses going back to work a little after the engagement, ex. Alexandra of Denmark.

She intended to continue to work as a journalist in the background, not as an anchor, hence her wish to leave TVE not immediately but slowly. Fact is she only returned once to TVE, to say goodbye. Felipe already knew better, maybe Letizia was still a bit naive about the impact of being the news instead of producing them.

However, their engagement was a bit rushed and maybe not everything had been communicated by Zarzuela to Letizia and she thought that she could take her own decision and continue to do some background work. Felipe had to step in and prevent her from talking too much about things that he knew certainly wouldn't happen.

^Because from what I remember their engagement was meant to be announced in December 2003, but rumors already spread like wildfire that the Prince is already engaged to a journalist which I believe was heard first on the radio and not on TV (forgot the name of the radio host), so I guess they had no choice but to just go ahead with the announcement in November. So maybe Letizia still had work planned until December.

She intended to continue to work as a journalist in the background, not as an anchor, hence her wish to leave TVE not immediately but slowly. Fact is she only returned once to TVE, to say goodbye. Felipe already knew better, maybe Letizia was still a bit naive about the impact of being the news instead of producing them.

However, their engagement was a bit rushed and maybe not everything had been communicated by Zarzuela to Letizia and she thought that she could take her own decision and continue to do some background work. Felipe had to step in and prevent her from talking too much about things that he knew certainly wouldn't happen.

There is difference between her intention to complete her unfinished assignments in the background due to the engagement and to work as a journalist in the background. If you meant the former, then I misunderstood you. If you meant the later, it was not the case. Letizia knew very well from the beginning that the position of the Princess of Asturias was a full-time job.
I thought Felipe interrupted her when she already started talking about the Kings. Maybe he just wanted to say something. As a couple, interrupting each other is such a normal thing.

There is difference between her intention to complete her unfinished assignments in the background due to the engagement and to work as a journalist in the background. If you meant the former, then I misunderstood you. If you meant the later, it was not the case. Letizia knew very well from the beginning that the position of the Princess of Asturias was a full-time job.
I thought Felipe interrupted her when she already started talking about the Kings. Maybe he just wanted to say something. As a couple, interrupting each other is such a normal thing.

Hi donnaK, I meant the former so we agree here I guess :)
Felipe kind of interrupted Letizia, stating that she will have a busy schedule etc, indicating that there will be no room for work at TVE, even for completing unfinished assignments.

While I do think Mary and Fred married for love, I think it's entirely possible that Mary saw Fred as her big opportunity and went for it. I don't know many girls who would meet a Prince and just say "oh well." Of course she acted! Does that mean she set out to meet a prince or planned to meet a prince? No! She wasn't even going to go the the Slip Inn that night. Fate put her in the right setting and she made the best of it. For me, her doing the Starmakers course right after meeting him is not that big of a deal. If I was going to be dating a prominent person, I'd want to have my t's crossed and i's dotted too. Shows that she's practical and smart.

I agree with the person who said these Princes can spot a golddigger a mile a way. I don't think Mary was that. But I do think after she met him, she perhaps saw it as her destiny.

Princess Grace also believed that being Princess of Monaco was her destiny after meeting Prince Ranier.

Lets rephrase the question, ( I opened the thread) Which of the married into royals would not have continued the initial relationship of email, dating or romance had the prince/ess not been royal? Ie would Mary have pursued a relationship at all with Fred the lawyer from Denmark, would Maxima have returned the phonecalls from WA the dentist from Holland etc.
BTW why is everyone determined that MetteMarit had no interest in Haakon's royal status?

While I do think Mary and Fred married for love, I think it's entirely possible that Mary saw Fred as her big opportunity and went for it. I don't know many girls who would meet a Prince and just say "oh well." Of course she acted! Does that mean she set out to meet a prince or planned to meet a prince? No! She wasn't even going to go the the Slip Inn that night. Fate put her in the right setting and she made the best of it. For me, her doing the Starmakers course right after meeting him is not that big of a deal. If I was going to be dating a prominent person, I'd want to have my t's crossed and i's dotted too. Shows that she's practical and smart.

I agree with the person who said these Princes can spot a golddigger a mile a way. I don't think Mary was that. But I do think after she met him, she perhaps saw it as her destiny.

Princess Grace also believed that being Princess of Monaco was her destiny after meeting Prince Ranier.

Excuse me, but what is 'Starmakers Course'?

Excuse me, but what is 'Starmakers Course'?

StarMaker is a self-improvement/development/etiquette course that Mary took years ago whilst living in Sydeny. They also teach one how to present themselves in a group setting, writing letters, learning how to properly sit as well as walk, and so forth.

Unfortunatly, the StarMaker and Mary issue was blown out of proportion. Essentially, it was nothing.

Starmaker comes to Denmark

Thank you glittering tiara's, it was a mystery to me :flowers: i did not understand.

Can anyone answer me regqarding the Q about MM?

If you ask me, there's no way on EARTH Maxima would have returned dentist Willem-Alexander's phone calls. With her background, she was always going to marry a jet-setter.

Well so far the marriage of Maxima, Mette-Marit and Letizia have seemed to have worked out very well.
However, the marriage of Crown Princess Masako has been filled with so much pain regarding her forced life-style. Although I do think her husband, Naruhito has tried to help her.
I think Mary is trying way too hard to be perfect in everything thats its taking a toll on her....wish she would loosen up and relax

Can anyone answer me regqarding the Q about MM?

For me, MM is somebody who is not interested in the spotlight at all, even regards it as disturbing whilst all other ladies (Maxima, Letizia, Mary) are very comfortable or even like the attention that is caused. I am sure MM married Haakon only for love and even if he was a plasterer (no offence please), not because he was CP but DESPITE. Today she has become a bit more comfortable with her role and tries to use it for meaningful causes that are close to her heart; I would never ever call her an attention seeker.

I see in Maxima the most balanced CP, perfect match for WA, own profile, well respected, she likes the attention but there is substance to her appearance. Not sure if she had married WA if he was a plasterer.

Mary tries hard to follow into Maxima's footsteps but does not turn out to be too successful; for me the substance is lacking a bit plus she is overshadowing Fred who rather looks like her accessory (may not be Mary's fault though), I appreciate her perfect appearances but for me at some occasions there is too much emphasis on her looks rather than the cause, plus I miss a focus in her activities. No way she had married Fred if he was a plasterer.

Letizia - when looking at her pre-Zarzuela controlled days where she presented herself as bossy and a spotlight person - whould have become a second Mary but was cut down to the other extreme. No own profile, no attention on her, boring clothes, housewife image. I believe she is in love but same as with Mary, the position was certainly not scaring her off; no chance for Felipe if he was a plasterer.

I believe Maria Teresa (sp?) married Henri of Luxembourg for love, and vice versa. You can see it in the photographs before they were married. The only thing in their fields of vision was the other. Sweet.

I think Mary is trying way too hard to be perfect in everything thats its taking a toll on her....wish she would loosen up and relax
Thanks all for the interesting answers and opinions. LyndaW, In a way I was thinking the same thing, Mary tries too hard, the other married in royal who tried too hard was very different to her, it was Anne Boyelen, I know that's about where the similarities end, but it was reported that she suffered physically from the tension of being perfect!

MARIE CHANTAL
Marie Chantal is a Virgo, birthdate 17-09-1968.
She knew exactly what she was doing when she married Prince Pavlos.

Action: Line: 7, 8, 9
Fidgety, full of energy and always on the go, Marie Chantal is quite hyperactive.
Her physical and nervous energy is high and needs to be released through physical exercise.
She needs to keep either physically or mentally busy.
She feels better spending time outdoors and eating natural foods, avoiding colourings and artificial preservatives.
She takes action whaere others plan and dream.

A clipI saw on utube recently gave me food to think about reg CP Mary and her royal status. In a clip promoting awareness of obesity in children she said "My Son, Prince Christian" It tickled me for days untill I realized what bothered me about it. When speaking about their children no other (even Born royals)would say "my son/daughter prince/ss so and so". Diana said William (or even Wills etc.) I can't imagine Mette Marit, Maxima, Mathilde etc. saying "my daughter Princess ingrid A, Amalia,Elisabeth etc. The only benefit of the doubt I can say is that it was a prewritten script that she had to conform to, but I still think she should have said "My son, Christian" It seemed as if the emphasis was on the Prince rather than the Christian.
Please comment!

A clipI saw on utube recently gave me food to think about reg CP Mary and her royal status. In a clip promoting awareness of obesity in children she said "My Son, Prince Christian" It tickled me for days untill I realized what bothered me about it. When speaking about their children no other (even Born royals)would say "my son/daughter prince/ss so and so". Diana said William (or even Wills etc.) I can't imagine Mette Marit, Maxima, Mathilde etc. saying "my daughter Princess ingrid A, Amalia,Elisabeth etc. The only benefit of the doubt I can say is that it was a prewritten script that she had to conform to, but I still think she should have said "My son, Christian" It seemed as if the emphasis was on the Prince rather than the Christian.
Please comment!

It is her way of reminding people that her son IS a prince and she IS a crownprincess. I, for one don't believe in the love between the two, Fred seems smitten but she is far from it. Heck, if she had met Jochaim instead of Fred, there would have been no marriage. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it does seem that she married a Crown Prince she can somewhat tolerate (and Fred is pretty laid-back and does not seem to have a strong personality).

As far as the others go, Maxima and Mette-Marit had to put up with a lot of crap to be with their Prince(s); I doubt either is conivving enough to have gone through that to be a Crown Princess.

Marie-Chantal married for the title, but since Pavlos also married for the money we can hardly pass judgement on them.

All of the above is just supposition on our part, the only one that we can be 100% percent sure was a love match is Naurihito-Masako. She traded in her well educated, career diplomat, independent lifestyle for what seems like an extrmely difficult life. No way she would have done this only for the status.

....but I still think she should have said "My son, Christian" It seemed as if the emphasis was on the Prince rather than the Christian.
Please comment!
Perhaps she had taken a leaf out of her MIL's book? Not an uncommon thing to do for a person in Mary's position, I would say. QMII has always referred to her sons as 'prince xxx'.
There is no doubt that Mary loves Christian; there hasn't been much photos of the couple with Isabella but I see no reason to assume that they do not love her just as much.
And Frederik and Mary definitely love each other. No sane woman would marry a CP IMO without loving him - otherwise the price would be too high.

It is her way of reminding people that her son IS a prince and she IS a crownprincess.
Go check the royal journals; I have only heard queen Margrethe refer to her own sons the same way. Do you attribute the same underlying motive to QMII?
I, for one don't believe in the love between the two, Fred seems smitten but she is far from it. Heck, if she had met Jochaim instead of Fred, there would have been no marriage.

LOL - a bit funny considering rumours here that it was 'the other way around' :D

All of the above is just supposition on our part, '.
You said it :)

Perhaps she had taken a leaf out of her MIL's book? Not an uncommon thing to do for a person in Mary's position, I would say. QMII has always referred to her sons as 'prince xxx'.
There is no doubt that Mary loves Christian; there hasn't been much photos of the couple with Isabella but I see no reason to assume that they do not love her just as much.
And Frederik and Mary definitely love each other. No sane woman would marry a CP IMO without loving him - otherwise the price would be too high.

I agree. Maybe Mary said that for protocol purposes. I doubt she felt she needed to remind anyone that she's CPss and Christian is a Prince.

Go check the royal journals; I have only heard queen Margrethe refer to her own sons the same way. Do you attribute the same underlying motive to QMII?

Obviously not! Margrethe is a Queen in her own right and does not need to remind people of it!

LOL - a bit funny considering rumours here that it was 'the other way around' :D

You said it :)

I also said "in my opnion"- we are allowed to have those and express them on this board.

Actually both Frederick and Mary have referred to each other as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess in interviews and speeches too.

Actually both Frederick and Mary have referred to each other as the Crown Prince and Crown Princess in interviews and speeches too.
Precisely - the way QMII has always done as well.
But sometimes sound arguments just don't work on some people.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom