Would They Have Married?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Queen Noor would have married King Hussein if he were not the king. Sorry to say this because I really like Noor.:neutral:

Mary would have married Frederik even if he were not a prince simply because he was so taken with her. She would have been overcome with his feelings for her and that's plenty to make you fall in love with a guy, which she did.

Haakon and Mette Marit were made for each other. I'm not her biggest fan but for the CP to marry her and stand by her makes him a great catch whether he is a prince or not. Him being CP was the biggest obstacle to their marriage.:flowers:

Felipe: any woman who he asked to marry him would have married him.:wub:

Maxima and W-A also seem well matched despite their different backgrounds. I think Max would have married W-A regardless if he was a prince. Those two have fireworks!

Claire and Laurent look mis-matched but they seem happy; Mabel was definately attracted to Friso's title, not saying that's a bad thing or maybe it is; Diana would not have married Charles if he were an average citizen; and Sarah Ferguson would have probably been attracted to Andrew even if he were not a prince (that guy is cat nip), but if Andrew were not a prince he would've already been married to Koo Stark.:lol: Still I think Sarah got caught up in the royal trappings and self destructed.

Last edited:
Very strange which is support by so subjective opinions ( I tell that for me too) If I can think that felipe and Letizia married them by love because I have analysed their life since the "peticion del mano" I have some difficulties to understand how we can said that such Crowprincess or princess, countess and so on, that I know only by very criticable press aticles, married them because the statut of their husband.

It's an audacious value judgement.

adelaide said:
Very strange which is support by so subjective opinions ( I tell that for me too) If I can think that felipe and Letizia married them by love because I have analysed their life since the "peticion del mano" I have some difficulties to understand how we can said that such Crowprincess or princess, countess and so on, that I know only by very criticable press aticles, married them because the statut of their husband.

It's an audacious value judgement.

But that´s what forums, particularly these chit chat ones are for...to see what people think....doesn´t mean anyone is right or everyone is wrong...I find it really interesting to read what people think and their interpretations of events...so, I´ll add my two cents...I think Letizia and Felipe would have married regardless, as they really seem to have a "meeting of minds" - you can imagine them talking and discussing things into the small hours...also, even though I´m not a major fan of Mary - I think her and Fred would have stayed together as they have similar interests and Fred is besotted with her - and like someone wrote, that can be very persuasive :wub::wub:

Married for Love:Máxima, Mette-Marit, Mary, Camilla, Mathilde

Married for titel: Letizia, Mabel, Marie-Chantal

Who wouldn't have married Felipe?? Even if he wasn't a Prince I would've married him!!

In my opinon,Being a princess is unresistable desire so I think every royal marriage would be affected by that.If you take Mary as an example, if she liked frederick about 70% ,would she agree to move to Denmark for him if he wasn't a prince? I realy dout.You can say the same for the others,Letizia wouldn't sacrifise her career if Felipe was a normal person,also Maxima,Matilde even Mette Merit "she had nothing to sacrifise".

Two things:

1) Sofia and Anne-Marie didn't need to marry for status-they were already princesses! Sofia was a princess of Greece, sister of King Constantine. Anne-Marie was a princess of Denmark, younger (3rd?) sister of Queen Margrethe. They were, and would always be, princesses.

2) Please say why you think so-and-so married for love or for status. That way I know why, or so there is a reason, not just a bunch of lists, because that gets us no where.

asma said:
In my opinon,Being a princess is unresistable desire so I think every royal marriage would be affected by that.If you take Mary as an example, if she liked frederick about 70% ,would she agree to move to Denmark for him if he wasn't a prince? I realy dout.You can say the same for the others,Letizia wouldn't sacrifise her career if Felipe was a normal person,also Maxima,Matilde even Mette Merit "she had nothing to sacrifise".
Then again, if Letizia had married anyone besides Felipe, she wouldn't have needed to give up her career. I think she was in a similar situation like Masako of Japan, very young, ambitious, successful women who had to give up promising careers to become crown princesses. Luckily for Letizia, she seems have (so far) escaped Masako's fate.

EmpressRouge said:
Then again, if Letizia had married anyone besides Felipe, she wouldn't have needed to give up her career. I think she was in a similar situation like Masako of Japan, very young, ambitious, successful women who had to give up promising careers to become crown princesses. Luckily for Letizia, she seems have (so far) escaped Masako's fate.
I agree, I find it odd that people think Letizia doesn't love Felipe as like Masako, she had the most to lose. Her career was incredibly succesful and she is obviously ambitious. Giving up something she spent her whole life working for must have been a very tough decision.

Moreover I find it a contradiction that people believe she married for the title as she's usually portrayed as being a left-wing, anti-Monarchist!

married for love: Queen Silvia, Beatrix, Sonja, Margrethe, CP Maxima, CP Mette-Marit, CP Mary, Camilla

married for status: Mabel, Marie-Chantal, Clothilde (sp.)

I dont understand why people think Marie-Chantal married for 'status':rolleyes:

Shes richer than all of the Greek Royal Family put together and was brought up in a wealthy family, got educated in good school etc, and Prince Pavlos is a gorgeous young Prince its no wonder she fell for him !!

Nad25 said:

Shes richer than all of the Greek Royal Family put together and was brought up in a wealthy family, got educated in good school etc, and Prince Pavlos is a gorgeous young Prince its no wonder she fell for him !!
Yes I've read she's millionaire

I'm not sure Mathilde would have married Philippe if he had not been a prince. I believe she wouldn't have if he had been a commoner. She's from a noble family, where one does marry into nobility. Her sister Elisabeth married a markgraf Pallavicini (after having dated a prince d'Orléans) and her sister Hélène is reportedly dating a prinz von und zu Liechstentein. So I wondered a lot.

auntie said:
There is something I have always wondered, which of the Princesses, CPrincesses, Queen's etc. would have married their husband it they were for instance consruction workers or even missle class?! Please explain.

None of them. ;)

But let me say, that I would marry Prince Carl-Philip even if he were the cable guy. :rolleyes:

EmpressRouge said:

What I want to say is if Felipe was a normal person in a position such as a diplomatic man transferring from one country to another and asked her to give up her career,would she accept?I personally don't think so.

Nad25 said:

But "Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece" sounds really nice.

LadyK said:
1) Sofia and Anne-Marie didn't need to marry for status-they were already princesses! Sofia was a princess of Greece, sister of King Constantine. Anne-Marie was a princess of Denmark, younger (3rd?) sister of Queen Margrethe. They were, and would always be, princesses.

I think Anne-Marie fell in love with Constantine but I also think she grew up with the expectation that she would marry a prince so she didn't look outside the narrow ranges of titled and royal persons for her future husband. Her mother after all had been a princess who had married a crown prince so it probably seemed very natural to her. I don't see it as seeking status (as you say she was already a princess) but more a pattern of behavior similar to the way a middle class university-educated girl with a father in the learned professions might expect to marry a similarly educated professional that circulates in her social circles.

I think children have a way of sensing what their families expect of them and not all children rebel; they just deliver on the expectations because it makes sense to them.

Princess Maxima said:
Married for Love:Máxima, Mette-Marit, Mary, Camilla, Mathilde

Married for titel: Letizia, Mabel, Marie-Chantal

I would agree with everything except for Letizia, and possibly even Mabel, as they both had to go through hell to get married. Letizia having been married before and Mabel with the whole gangster thing.

Although, I do believe that mabel liked the title as well

planetcher said:
But "Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece" sounds really nice.

Let us assum for a second that she did marry for the 'title' well for how long would you be married to someone you dont really love and you just married him for status?? Her sister married a Prince lets say she also married him for 'status' but did her marriage last??:rolleyes:

Its only a 'title' shes got and she doest even rule a country and people already saying she married for 'status' :wacko:

Nad25 said:

The Millers may be weathy but at the end of the day they're still "new money". Marie-Chantal and her sisters married "well" in terms of status. After all for many wealthy people money is not enough, they want the affiliations of old money too.

Nad25 said:
Its only a 'title' shes got and she doest even rule a country and people already saying she married for 'status' :wacko:
Even at the time of her marriage there was talk of her motivations, it's nothing new.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one actually knows what really happens in their lives, marie-chantal and pavlos looks perefctly in love with each other when they got married and until this day, she comes from a very wealthy family and shes not excatly going to marry a normal man is she??

If she married for a 'status' the rest of the princesses are not very far off from her then :rolleyes:

Nad25 said:
I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one actually knows what really happens in their lives, marie-chantal and pavlos looks perefctly in love with each other when they got married and until thsi day, she comes from a very wealthy family and shes not excatly going to marry a normal man is she??
Of course she wouldn't marr a "normal" man.
At the time there was alot of talk about the relationship and the many many rumours that have followed that the Miller Family were essentially buying her title because they were supporting the Greek Royal Family financially.

Nad25 said:
If she married for a 'status' the rest of the princesses are not very far off from her then :rolleyes:
Depends on the princess you're refering to.

Little_star said:
Of course she wouldn't marr a "normal" man.
At the time there was alot of talk about the relationship and the many many rumours that have followed that the Miller Family were essentially buying her title because they were supporting the Greek Royal Family financially.

Like you said rumours so its not actually facts :)

Nad25 said:
Like you said rumours so its not actually facts :)
Nothing in this thread is fact though, pretty much everything posted on this board is opinion/speculation.

Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.....

So if its true, what's so bad about exchanging status for money? Its been done many times before Pavlos and Marie Chantal stepped up to the altar and I'm sure it will be done many many times again after they're gone.

For the item of buying a title by wedding, if it's true for Marie Chantal Miller, so what! She is not the first american rich woman who would doing that. In France we have a lot of beautifull title " sold" by wedding to obtain money. One the most famous is these of the dandy Boni de Castellane with the heiress of the Singer ( sewing macjnes) fortune.

The single thing that I remark is in the case of Marie Chantal of Grece, she don't liketo be involve in grecian culture or in grecian foundation's improvement! But may be I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom