Winter Olympics 2006 - Turin

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alexandria said:
In the audience of the closing ceremonies in Torino, I've seen King Carl Gustav and Prince Carl Philip and Prince Albert with his nephew Pierre Casiraghi.

The CBC panned across the audience and stayed on the Swedish King and prince for a few minutes, though I don't think they knew who they were! The King waved right away and grinned then nudged his son, who started waving. It was a cute moment!
I saw this too, it was so great to see! The King looking as natural and happy as he can only be when he does his favourite things (like attending sports events, hunting etc).

Prince Carl Philip looked great, so handsome! I can imagine some girls out there wondered who he was, if their commentator didn't tell them. :)

http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=177641&pIdSeccion=11&pNumEjemplar=3075

Of favorite to the gold, to great defeated.

This way they ended yesterday the Olympic Games of Turin for Maria Jose Rienda, to whom they they all were awarding the golden medal in the giant and she finished décimotercera. The Prince of Asturias, don Felipede Borbón, who came together with dona Letizia to attend in Sestriere the test, tried to justify this evil role of the drink made from pomegranate juice, arguing later that the meteorological conditions " did not favor " the Spanish woman. There won the American Julia Mancuso. " It is a shame, but you are in the summit and it can pass this to you. But, good, she is encouraged and has the Glass of the World ahead. So it is a small pot-hole, but she is going to overcome it, assurance ", said don Felipe at the conclusion of the career.
From their location, decked with the official uniform of the Olympic winter Spanish team and in spite of the inclemencies of the time, the Princes of Asturias followed the tests from the beginning. The fact that Rienda was the first one in going out in the first sleeve, in addition, itmotivated that, specially don Felipe, great passionate of the ski, was getting up to applauding and encouraging when the Spanish woman crossed the line of goal. " The Olympic Games are slightly more complicated, to the being an alone test the one that is disputed. The Glass of the World is more regular, does not depend so much of a few meteorological conditions as those of today - per yesterday-, that they have not favored in anything to Rein ", don Felipe commented after the action of the Spanish women.
After the test the Princes of Asturias met Maria Jose Rienda and Carolina Ruiz. There was lived a moment of great emotion when the first one of them held on dona Letizia and started to cry, with the red eyes, almost as asking for pardon for not c have given a medal to Spain and to be grateful to them, of this form, theirpresence in Sestriere. " Yes, she has got excited very much ", said the Princes. " I have said to her that she does not worry, that it is a test and that though there is great more espectación in this type of tests in a few Olympic Games, the important thing is that now centers in the Glass of the World ", commented don Felipe.

GrandDuchess said:
I saw this too, it was so great to see! The King looking as natural and happy as he can only be when he does his favourite things (like attending sports events, hunting etc).

Prince Carl Philip looked great, so handsome! I can imagine some girls out there wondered who he was, if their commentator didn't tell them. :)

I saw that too....Prince Carl Philip is soooooo Handsome......haha....the commentators did not say who they were (i'm guessing either they don't know what they are or they're not so important for us Canadians..)

I also saw Prince Albert with Pierre Casiraghi..though I was thinking that Albert's female friend from south africa should be there beside him ...duno where she is...haha:D

YES, this picture is very, very sympathetic; are anybody who were heard the Letizia 's laugh ? I can imagine it very spontaneous, isn't ?

These have been very nice games, i'm glad many royals could assist. Next time there will be a bit far away, 2008 in China and 2010 in Vancouver.

from ppe

25-02-2006 Prince Felipe and princess Letizia of Spain at the Alpine Skiing in the Winter Olympics in Sestriere

they both seem to be very cold... but they are showing to be having fun and paying attention to the game. Ill give them a 10 for beign there in such a cold weather.

Photos from Cover:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom