Winter Olympics 2006 - Turin

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, we don't know what happened in that photo. probably there was something funny written in the girl's underwear that she wanted to show, after all letizia and her seem to be talking or at least interacting. i really don't think she showed her underwear because she had nothing else to do or because of no reason. probably they were just having a chat and didn't think cameras would get the moment. after all, she is just a teenager and her face shouldn't be shown in that photo since it's illegal, and we have no right to judge her (and certainly no right to call her stupid!) as we don't know her.

PL has on some cool boots in post 84 any1 know what they are?
thanks for the great photos, they look so happy together

I have a feeling Peñafiel is gonna have a field day with the"pink-thong" situation:mad:

captures from tve and antena3

Last edited:
From elmundo

Attachments

• 1140800349_extras_portada_0.jpg
    1140800349_extras_portada_0.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 277
http://www.encancha.com/noticia-numero2865-equipo100.html

Basketball in chair of wheels
Six teams will represent Spain worldwide, the interest hopes that they all do a good role and stay to the basketball in chair of wheels Spanish in the highest thing. At the same time, it has been confirmed that the Princes of Asturias will represent to the Final of the Glass of the King in Castelló de Ampurias (Gerona) in April. All these events can make give a good jump to this sport that, though practised for disabled, it has all the characteristics of showiness, competitiveness, etc., since to be a sport accepted by the followers of the "normal" sport.

Lolilla222 said:
what a stupid girl!!!!. Even so princess Letizia has more education than her

Not everyone, perhaps, knows who they are and knows that she is a princess in Spain. I'm sure it was not intentionally done. I don't think anyone would show her underwear to somebody else just because...the conversation had to stem from something. She was not disrespectful, she is just young and we don't know what really transpired.

Roxsteve said:
Not everyone, perhaps, knows who they are and knows that she is a princess in Spain. I'm sure it was not intentionally done. I don't think anyone would show her underwear to somebody else just because...the conversation had to stem from something. She was not disrespectful, she is just young and we don't know what really transpired.
I thought you've given up on this forum. I knew you'd come back. You don't have to take things on this board seriously you know. Anyway, it seems to me that the girl and Letizia are having a conversation or something.

They were freezing, but is nice to see them being so tender with each other!

Thanks to all who posted pics!! I thoroughly enjoyed them :)

They had some comments on a couple of nights ago of WIllem-Alexander on American TV. They asked him about the love of speedskating that the Dutch have. The whole piece was all about the rabid Dutch speedskating fans.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I have no idea why this stupid girl showed them her underwear:eek:.
I believe she's showing her pink knickers (matching with the pink flag we're seing behind) in support of a certain team... just don't know what team/country.

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/02/24/principes-turin/?auth=yes

The Princes of Asturias joined the long list of illustrations spectators (Frederick of Denmark, Haakon of Norway, Albert of Monaco and the Princes of Orange) who attended the Olympic Games of Turin.

Two days after participating like two pilgrims in the ceremonies in honour of the Virgin of El Rocío, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia travelled to colder latitudes, but equally enthusiastic, in order to support to the Granadin sportswoman Maria Jose Rienda, the Spanish representative in feminine ski. The frozen temperatures did not mine the enthusiasm with which the Heirs animated the Spanish skier. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia intensely accompanied every moment of the eliminatory, cheering up at any moment and lamenting with effusive gestures, when Rienda lost her balance, during the competition. The Spanish representative was finally placed in the thirtieth position. After the competition, the Princes did not save the words of comfort to Reina.

Last edited:
planetcher said:
I thought you've given up on this forum. I knew you'd come back. You don't have to take things on this board seriously you know. Anyway, it seems to me that the girl and Letizia are having a conversation or something.

I'm still struggling. I just think that people are too mean, and I did not join a forum to have a bad time, I joined it to have a good time. I'm still debating.

Mancuso

Hi, I'm new here although I've been lurking for a while.

If that's Mancuso's sister, that may explain the exchange. Mancuso, the American woman who won the race, liked to wear a tiara while racing. She was criticized for it and didn't wear it in the races yesterday. But she wore it on the medal podium. (I watched the races on NBC to see whether they would point out there was a real princess in the audience. They didn't.) Perhaps Mancuso's sister had a tiara on her undie? ;) It would be interesting if Mancuso met Letizia and Felipe after the races. I haven't read any news reports that explained why she wore a tiara while racing.

From Sipa dppi

Last edited:
From Sipa dppi

Last edited:
Is there an actual reason why they're all weaing white?

hofburg said:
Is there an actual reason why they're all weaing white?

It is the suit of the Olympic Spanish team;)

In the audience of the closing ceremonies in Torino, I've seen King Carl Gustav and Prince Carl Philip and Prince Albert with his nephew Pierre Casiraghi.

The CBC panned across the audience and stayed on the Swedish King and prince for a few minutes, though I don't think they knew who they were! The King waved right away and grinned then nudged his son, who started waving. It was a cute moment!

Looking at the photos in the previous posts lots of the spectators are wearing the all white Spanish Olympic outfit. Perhaps the Spanish Olympic organization should choose team outfits that look good on the royals to avoid such an outcry as there has been on the various royal bords next time.

At least they looked warm and comfortable - main objective when watching winter sports.

The dutch television showed the King and Carl-Philip as well (the same moment I think, CP is very cute when he waves ;)) and the commentator added that the King is a very enthousiastic supporter who seems very genuine and down-to-earth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom