The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Thank you! I`ve heard they are very similar, but i didn`t know they are that similar.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't Frederik best man in Haakon's wedding?

Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Wasn't Frederik best man in Haakon's wedding?
Yes, Frederik was best man to Haakon and Haakon and MM were godparents to Christian. So guess these 2 are pretty close
Old 02-16-2006, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

more of Frederik & Haakon from dpa

Old 02-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

http://img46.imageshack.us/my.php?image=03550141is.jpg

Frederik: ...and Christian jumped to me and I catched him mid-air like this, otherwise Mary would have killed me
Haakon: yeah, tell me about angry wives :sighs:

Old 02-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

The Swedish Royals at the Winter Olympics 2006 in Turin

As it seems only the King will go this time. The Queen stays with her ill brother in Germany.

King Carl Gustaf watching 15km classic in Cross Country Skiing (Male team)
From Scanpix via Expressen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ko1.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	228440  
Old 02-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...royalolympics/

ROYAL DADS ENJOY SOME FROSTY FUN AT WINTER OLYMPICS

Two of Europe's most popular royal dads got the chance to swap parenting tips when they met up in Turin this week. Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik, who became a father for the first time last October, was photographed sharing a joke with Norway's future king, Crown Prince Haakon, as they enjoyed some sporting excitement at the Winter Olympics.

Onlookers could only guess what the two men were talking about, but they were both clearly on top form, smiling broadly and laughing as they chatted together in the stands. The Danish royal appeared to be telling his friend an entertaining anecdote, as he gestured animatedly before burying his face in his hands in amusement.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComu...d=148320&src=0

TORINO 2006: The NEWS OLYMPIC COURSE MONDAY 20 OF FEBRUARY/noticias.info/...

The princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Leticia, will be present at in direct the giants of alpine ski of the Olympic games of Turín.06, that will dispute the next Friday, in the winter sports resort of Sestriere, and in which the Spanish Maria Jose Rienda will leave between the favorites to Olympic gold.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Nobility

That's great news! Thanks mapian. I love the Olympics :)
Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe they will take Leonor:) with them to Torino like W-A and Maxima did with their girls:)!!! But it's slightly possible, Leo is much younger than Alexia...:(

Old 02-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Maybe they will take Leonor:) with them to Torino like W-A and Maxima did with their girls:)!!! But it's slightly possible, Leo is much younger than Alexia...:(
Let's hope they'll bring Leonor here in Vancouver in the Winter Olympics in 2010~ Hoep to see them around....hopefully with several new additions to the family too
Old 02-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp

Let's hope they'll bring Leonor here in Vancouver in the Winter Olympics in 2010~ Hoep to see them around....hopefully with several new additions to the family too
With the twins Carlos Alfonso and Juan Felipe and proud older sister Leonor
Old 02-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060...234231171.html

The princes of Asturias will rest to Rienda on Turin

LA VANGUARDIA - 21/02/2006
The princes of Asturias will attend directly the giant of alpine skiing of the Games of Turin, who will be disputed next Friday on Sestriere's Italian station and in which the Spanish woman Maria Jose Rienda will divide betwee the favorites to the Olympic gold. The royal Spanish family is in the habit of supporting the Spanish sportsmen in the international competitions in which they take part and their presence of the Olympic Games is habitual. On Friday, the from Granada Maria Jose Rienda can turn into the third winter Spanish medallista, after the brothers Francisco and Blanca Fernandez-Ochoa. / Efe
Old 02-21-2006, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060...234231171.html

The princes of Asturias will rest to Rienda on Turin

LA VANGUARDIA - 21/02/2006
The princes of Asturias will attend directly the giant of alpine skiing of the Games of Turin, who will be disputed next Friday on Sestriere's Italian station and in which the Spanish woman Maria Jose Rienda will divide betwee the favorites to the Olympic gold.
i'm sorry if i'm having a hard time understand this. :o :o So, the Princes of Asturias will go to the Winter Olympics in Torino? When will they arrive? How long are they staying? and will Leonor go with them?
Old 02-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
i'm sorry if i'm having a hard time understand this. :o :o So, the Princes of Asturias will go to the Winter Olympics in Torino? When will they arrive? How long are they staying? and will Leonor go with them?
According to the article, the princes will go to the winter Olympic games, they will go to Sestriere, one of the olympic sites, to see the giant slalom, one of the competitions, where a top spanish sportwoman will compete. Her lastname is Rienda, she is one of the favorites to win.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
According to the article, the princes will go to the winter Olympic games, they will go to Sestriere, one of the olympic sites, to see the giant slalom, one of the competitions, where a top spanish sportwoman will compete. Her lastname is Rienda, she is one of the favorites to win.
Thanks, Ariel.

is it known when will they arrive and for how many days?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Thanks, Ariel.

is it known when will they arrive and for how many days?

Purple they will arrive on friday but i don´t know how many days they will be in Turin:)
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpu...K=809&h=060221

...Rienda proved to be been charmed with of that the Princes of Asturias have confirmed their assistance to the test of the giant: " it does a lot of illusion To Me and I consider it to be a great pride ". Asked on if she was facing the career of her life,she said: " First it is necessary to make the things and then, celebrate them. I will throw myself like if it was a career of Glass of the World and then already we will see. Already I go many years doing enough things inside the world of the ski and already one will see. I will give to the maximum, like always. I do not have to demonstrate anything ".
Old 02-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima
Màxima, WA, Amalia&Alexia today
Such adorable young Dutch fans. All of the orange especially in the speedskating rink is quite mesmerizing. Glad to see the two cutest and possibly youngest Orange fans having fun. Very funny, crisiñaki. I like your little dialogue.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Princes de Asturias will tomorrow support to Reina in the giant

Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, will go tomorrow in Sestriere where they will transfer the support of the Royal Family to the granadina Maria Jose Reina, the Spanish trick in the test of the feminine giant in the Olympic Games of Turin.
A test that will be disputed in two sleeves, the initial will begin as of the 9,30 hours, and in where the Princes, that have program their arrival to Turin for this late, will be accompanied by Minister of Education and Culture, Maria Jesus San Segundo.

http://es.sports.yahoo.com/23022006/...a-gigante.html

Tags
turin's winter olympics, winter olympics 2006