Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlene isn't yet a royal but she smokes. It has a pic of her, last year, in F1 in monte-carlo smoking next to andrea's girlfriend.

kerry said:
Shame that the Casiraghis all smoke. They are all so attractive but the smoking takes away from their image.
How long will it take little Alexandra to pick up the habit?:ohmy: Too bad Prince Ablert has so little influance on his family on this issue.

Last edited:
I did not know that carl philip or madeleine smoked,
i guess many royals may smoke but they never smoke in public

Is smoking a more commen thing in Europe than in America? And do they not thing as bad about it as they do here, like many Americans think it a very trashy thing to do. But I noticed that quite a deal of elegant royals do smoke, so I was wondering if it is considered the "elegant" thing to do, despite the health hazards.

Is smoking a more commen thing in Europe than in America? And do they not thing as bad about it as they do here, like many Americans think it a very trashy thing to do. But I noticed that quite a deal of elegant royals do smoke, so I was wondering if it is considered the "elegant" thing to do, despite the health hazards.

Well, I wouldn't know if it was more common in Europe, but a good deal of Greeks, Italians, Spaniards smoke. It's sort of become a culture thing! Which I know is awful.

I think it is more common in Europe. In the UK, it's still quite common for people to smoke only indoors. For example, I was brought up my grandparents and they would never dream of eating or drinking whilst walking along so I've only ever smoked indoors.

I think Europe is now getting serious in the stop smoking campaign for people's health as has been present in the US. It's funny my father smoked when were growing up and now of us minded smokers, then mt father quit smoking and from then on none of us can tolerate being around smokers or second hand smoke. My mother is presently battling lung cancer from being exposed to second hand smoke for so many years at home and at work.
I look at it as being tragic at the young royals taking up smoking when there's so much info on the consequences of the habit. None of us kids in our family took up smoking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they have pictures of her smoking?

Yes, they do have pictures, and here they are: (scanned, Se og Hør, nr. 64)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/mettemarithaakon3.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/mettemarithaakon4.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/mettemarithaakon2.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/LaMariella/mettemarithaakon6.jpg

They where taken in the wedding of Espen Walle and Tine Nyberg in Kristiansand. She stopped smoking when she was sick in 2002, but started again after she got Ingrid, and then stopped when she got pregnant with Magnus and now she is smoking again.

Last edited:
Princess Grace smoking?

Does anyone know if Princess Grace smoked?
I've never seen a picture of her smoking before.
I believe early in her career she appeared in a cigarette commercial but I do not know if she smoked offscreen.

After Mogambo

I believe early in her career she appeared in a cigarette commercial but I do not know if she smoked offscreen.
After Mogambo and her friendship with Ava Gardner who died of the effects of smoking Grace trimmed her silhouette down by smoking a bit more than she had before.So that by the time she won the Oscar for The Country Girl she was reed thin.She was not a systematic smoker and did not do so in public.It was occasional smoking afterwards in Monaco as Princess.............

Can't they make the connection??

The really disappointing thing about the apparent nicotine addiction of the Grimaldis is that they had a front row seat to the long, agonizing death of Prince Rainier from bronch-pulmonary problems, as well as heart disease. And these highly intelligent people have apparently not made the connection, or don't care to.

Death from lung cancer is about as agonizing as it gets, yet smoking is common among many people in show business and perhaps among the royals as a way of managing weight gain. Some of these same people go on and on about promoting healthy lifestyles.

I suppose the message here is that it's better to risk cancer and or/heart disease than to get fat?

Yesterday, I read that Mette Marit Smokes.

The really disappointing thing about the apparent nicotine addiction of the Grimaldis is that they had a front row seat to the long, agonizing death of Prince Rainier from bronch-pulmonary problems, as well as heart disease. And these highly intelligent people have apparently not made the connection, or don't care to.

Death from lung cancer is about as agonizing as it gets, yet smoking is common among many people in show business and perhaps among the royals as a way of managing weight gain. Some of these same people go on and on about promoting healthy lifestyles.

I suppose the message here is that it's better to risk cancer and or/heart disease than to get fat?
I do not think Albert smokes or Cw for that matter. So all is not lost.

I have also seen pics of charlotte casiraghi smoking with her mother and brother in the pic.isnt she and pierre a bit to young to be smoking and shouldnt their mother try and stop them before they becum chain smokers?

Does Ana Marie smoke?all the people close to her smoke,her husband,sisters,son!

I also think that Sofia of spain smokes.
Queen Anne Marie does nor smoke and I I do not think Queen Sofia does either not systematically.Queen Sofia & Princess Irene her learned sister do not smoke and I think that Irene due to her philosophical studies of Hinduism has espoused vegatarianism also.

I believe Queen Sofia smokes and only after meals. Both the Queen and her daughter Infanta Cristina are vegetarians. It's too bad Mette-Marit has started to smoke again, the pictures of her lighting up and smoking take away the royalty effect as it does all Royals. Has Haakon started smoking again or has he ever quit? I can't recall so forgive me for asking, does Martha Louise or Ari Behn smoke?

Duchess of Cornwall?

I heard on a newscast last week that Camilla is a smoker and I'm not sure if they said Charles was also. I may have misunderstood the broadcast but having seen this thread online my ears perked up at that statement. I've seen the various lists of the BRF online but I haven't seen Charles or Camilla mentioned as smokers yet.

Yes, she did smoke, biut quit. It is a bad habit and makes you teeth look disgusting. Not to mention your lungs.

Yes, she did smoke, biut quit. It is a bad habit and makes you teeth look disgusting. Not to mention your lungs.

Not only that she has that low gravelly smoker's voice. I was shocked the first time I heard her speak. You can bleach the teeth, but I dont think the damage to the vocal chords goes away.

Guillaume and Felix of Luxembourg both smoke. There is a picture of Guillaume smoking when he was dating Pia (In Guillaumes's threads). Felix was pictured smoking at Pss Xenia's wedding. The link to that picture is in Felix's News Part 6

Not only that she has that low gravelly smoker's voice. I was shocked the first time I heard her speak. You can bleach the teeth, but I dont think the damage to the vocal chords goes away.

Oh but don't you find that extremely glamorous? I love that husky Dowager tone to a woman's voice that only comes from an excess of good living. Jennifer Patterson had it as well. I was quite dissapointed when they took the Royal Warrant away from the cigarette packets and plastered them with "YOU WILL CROAK" stickers. I just put mine in an Art Deco case and ignored the warnings anyway so what was the point? I wonder who it was that actually gave Gallaher the Royal Warrant?

Last edited:
wow... I didn't realize that many royals smoked...

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet or not, but Prince William used to smoke, but quit, and his girlfriend, Kate Middleton does, but is trying to quit...

But then again, I smoke occasionally, and I'm only 17, so I can't fault any of them...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom