The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Majesty

They aren't being criticized for smoking in private. No one would know they were smoking in private. They aren't being photographed in private alone from people. The photographs are in public.

Its not simply a matter of second hand smoke, though that is a major issue. There are other health issues. For people like me who have a serious allergy to cigarette smoke, and have trouble going into public spaces at time because of people lingering outside doors smoking cigarettes.

Smoking is a choice. The issue with over eating/fat is we don't know. It may very well be a choice. And yes that is a major issue, an epidemic. But it also may be health issues. It may be mental health issues. There may be plenty of other factors outside that we don't know. Smoking is not the same.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

How is smoking not the same, nicotine is addicting which is why it is so hard to quit and can take Medical assistance.
Yes the people in this thread were smoking in public and the situation may have been that no one cared; if that was the case it has no effect on you.
Also I am overweight and I do overeat so I know it is also a choice. Please don't think I'm some skinny gym rat who hates fat people.

Anyway back to the topic of royals who smoke, I heard William used to but I have never heard if Kate used to as well.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
How is smoking not the same, nicotine is addicting which is why it is so hard to quit and can take Medical assistance.
Yes the people in this thread were smoking in public and the situation may have been that no one cared; if that was the case it has no effect on you.
Also I am overweight and I do overeat so I know it is also a choice. Please don't think I'm some skinny gym rat who hates fat people.

Anyway back to the topic of royals who smoke, I heard William used to but I have never heard if Kate used to as well.
Whether you are now addicted and trying or not trying to break the habbit, a smoker chose to start. That was my point, they CHOSE.

Just like how they spend their money doesn't affect us, we still comment on it. Just how they dress doesn't affect us, but we comment on it. So on.

My problem, and the reason its not okay to talk weight on here, is the assumption you just made. That these people are all over eaters. Yes, over eating is a serious issue. But not every single fat person we look at is an over eater. There are other health issues that cause weight gain. And affect the loss of such weight as well. Unlike smoking, we do not know the cause of someone's weight. You are simply making assumptions. That's the difference.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

This is another aspect of the fat acceptance brigade; putting up people with health issues as a shield against the fact that 90% of people who are obese are like that by their own actions.

BUT AGAIN!!!!! this thread will be locked if we don't get back on TOPIC!!!!

Queen Margrethe, I love her response to a anti cigarette journalist who asked her about the problem with her smoking and she responded "I don't have a problem with my smoking".
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

I don't know if Carole Middleton used to smoke, but she was famously chewed out (see what I did there?) by the press for chewing gum at William's passing out parade. (People sometimes chew gum to help give up smoking).
Old 12-29-2017, 06:02 PM
Aristocracy

I hope Charlotte Casiraghi manages to give up. She's so beautiful and smoking often ages people prematurely. Do Stephanie and Caroline smoke? Their faces are quite lined for their ages, especially Stephanie. She's my age and I haven't really got any wrinkles. I think Albert probably doesn't smoke. I know he's older looking because of being a bit overweight and bald, but he doesn't have many lines on his face.

The only ardent smoker I can think of who it hasn't aged is Johnny Depp. But he's probably got great genetics (isn't he part native American?) And if he had never smoked he'd probably look about 12 lol.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness

Doesn't crown princess mette marit smoke
Old 12-29-2017, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Mohammed VI in Paris last month
https://s10.postimg.org/nor9hrtop/Mo..._De-cembre.jpg
https://s10.postimg.org/46wm1rzax/Mo..._De-cembre.jpg
Old 01-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Edward VIII of Great Britain started smoking on a sea voyage when he was seventeen. He was formally permitted to smoke by his father from his 18th birthday.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:43 PM
Majesty

And suffered an agonizing, long death from lung cancer!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Does Prince Nikolai of Denmark smoke like his father and his grandparents ?
Old 01-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Majesty

I am not sure about this but I read a report that Harry had just given up smoking to please his beloved.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

MARG, Here is news about Prince Henry and his smoking.
Prince Harry has reportedly quit smoking for fiancée Meghan Markle - Business Insider
Old 01-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Duchess on Vendome smoking after the funeral of Francois d'Orleans:

http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...-d-950x0-2.jpg
Old 04-11-2018, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Meghan Markle smoking while on holiday with Jessica Mulroney.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dah9CUzX...pg&name=medium
Old 04-11-2018, 08:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think she smokes still...and I hear Harry has quit?

LaRae
Old 04-11-2018, 08:24 PM
Majesty

Harry quitting smoking came from an anonymous tabloid source. I really have no idea. I didn’t have clue Meghan smoked until this was posted on Twitter.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Harry quitting smoking came from an anonymous tabloid source. I really have no idea. I didn’t have clue Meghan smoked until this was posted on Twitter.
Her face is not the face of a smoker (skin, and mouth area) so I'd say if she did it was several years ago.

LaRae
Old 04-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Her face is not the face of a smoker (skin, and mouth area) so I'd say if she did it was several years ago.

LaRae
The picture is from August 2016 in Italy. If she quit it was sometime after that.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Duke Ernest II of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha smoked.