The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I would be interested in seeing that pic of Catherine with smokes in her handbag. Maybe she was carrying them for William?
Google is a friend. Kennisgeving voor omleiding

Old 12-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

I would imagine that if you went back and looked at pictures prior to the mid 1960's, you probably would see pictures of royals with cigarettes in their hands at a party or pictures of them actually smoking. Back then most adults in Europe and the United States smoked, so this would be seen during the time period as chic or fashionable.

Now those who do smoke try to hid it but it's very difficult (sometimes they get caught because they often have to take their smoking outside and are at risk of being seen by others).

What surprises me is that many of the younger royals smoke, especially since there is much better knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking than there was in their grandparents time.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Nobility

Considering George VI, I am sure that it is frowned upon, extremely. They may do it when they are young, but when the chips are down, and The Queen holds all the chips, they are strongly encouraged to stop.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:13 AM

I know this has been asked at least twice, but hasn't been answered yet (as far as I can tell). Does anyone know if anyone from the Japanese Imperial Family smoke and/or have smoked in the past? Just curious :)
Old 01-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I would imagine that if you went back and looked at pictures prior to the mid 1960's, you probably would see pictures of royals with cigarettes in their hands at a party or pictures of them actually smoking. Back then most adults in Europe and the United States smoked, so this would be seen during the time period as chic or fashionable.

Now those who do smoke try to hid it but it's very difficult (sometimes they get caught because they often have to take their smoking outside and are at risk of being seen by others).

What surprises me is that many of the younger royals smoke, especially since there is much better knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking than there was in their grandparents time.
I think if we went back to before the mid 60s, with royals you would most likely only see the men smoking. One thing my mother always reprimanded me on with my smoking (she smoked too) was to tell me a lady NEVER smokes a cigarette walking down the street or in public. Along with wearing a hat and gloves when you went out, there were rules to be followed for being feminine. A LOT of things really did change in the 60s didn't they? I can't really remember the last time I ever wore a hat and gloves (other than winter gloves and hat) but to be honest, I really wish it was that habit I picked up rather than smoking. Unfortunately all my children smoke too and that's one example I wish I'd never have set for them. My dear mother crossed over in '98 from lung cancer.

I'd like to relate a few words of wisdom here. "If you never start smoking, you'll never ever have to worry about quitting". And for us smokers... another good one. Mark Twain once said "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing to do... I do it twice a day".

I just hope that the young royals are only recreational smokers like having a smoke when they're with a party crowd etc... and not seriously hooked on the dreaded things.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Margaret smoked, so Elizabeth had no influence there. Must be nice living in Europe where smoking is some carnal sin.
I've heard William smokes and I assume Harry does being in the army.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-08-2012, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Hamzah of jordan

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Old 01-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
he look sooo gentle amazing with white marlboro cigarette hahahahaha but your name miss from picture hahaha
Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikah deena View Post
he look sooo gentle amazing with white marlboro cigarette hahahahaha but your name miss from picture hahaha
dont worry i will put it if you want
Old 01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

I'm pretty sure I remembering reading that the Queen of Denmark smokes a lot... Sad. :(
Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

have you seen her teeth? Of course she smokes.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

King Hussein, Queen Alia, Princess haya bint hussein, princes ali bin hussein, prince hamza bin hussein, prince faisal bin hussein and king abdulla.

President Ysser arafat, President hussni mubarak, President muammar qadafi, and President Saddam hussein and his sons.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
dont worry i will put it if you want

hahahahahahaha as you like
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
They do, if they are smoking someplace and it affects other people.

It's their own business if they smoke in the privacy of their own homes, but they have no right to smoke in public places where it could harm other people. After years of putting up with smoke, I'm glad nonsmokers are now more assertive and refuse to be intimidated by smokers!
it is NOT harming you outdoors
Old 02-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quit smoking after 45 years. I had tried to quit at least 20 times before that. The last time, I just quit. I still get cravings. My house doesn't stink, my clothing doesn't stink, nor does my car. Smoking kills and it kills at random. People who have been exposed moderately die of lung cancer and those who chain smoke for 60 years die from something else...why take a chance? Anyone who doesn't believe that smoking outside is not OK, well...just light up another one and take your chances. I never realized how badly smokers and their stuff smelled until I had been quit about a year. If someone who smokes stands next to me, the stench is overwhelming.

What is it with all the Muslim cigarette smoking? I thought the Qu'ran prohibited the use of stimulants.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Didn't HM Queen Margarethe II of Denmark smoke or still does and as I am reading "the making of a royal romance, William , Kate and Harry- behind palace doors" and read that prince Harry smoked cigarettes while in school and when he entered sandhurst.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppikeroppi007 View Post
I know this has been asked at least twice, but hasn't been answered yet (as far as I can tell). Does anyone know if anyone from the Japanese Imperial Family smoke and/or have smoked in the past? Just curious :)
Um I don't know but I had a picture of Emperor Akihito smoking in his late 20s but I had no idea if he still smoked or not because it's either lack of information or there's a source about that but it's in japanese (I can't read japanese )
Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I quit smoking after 45 years. I had tried to quit at least 20 times before that. The last time, I just quit. I still get cravings. My house doesn't stink, my clothing doesn't stink, nor does my car. Smoking kills and it kills at random. People who have been exposed moderately die of lung cancer and those who chain smoke for 60 years die from something else...why take a chance? Anyone who doesn't believe that smoking outside is not OK, well...just light up another one and take your chances. I never realized how badly smokers and their stuff smelled until I had been quit about a year. If someone who smokes stands next to me, the stench is overwhelming.

What is it with all the Muslim cigarette smoking? I thought the Qu'ran prohibited the use of stimulants.
I'm a muslim and yes, it's true; Cigarettes, alcohols, etc are haram or forbidden. But, in my country (indonesia), even though it's a muslim country, too, most people smokes to relieve stress because they can't accept the reality of how bad the country is in both economically and politically

Can't believe Queen Rania did...I'm going to miss her beautiful face
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I don't know about electronic cigarettes ! What is it ?
It's an electric cigarettes that you don't need a lighter to lighten it up. Plus, it doesn't produce smoke. It has a battery so you can charge it.

It has a flavor if I'm not wrong, they sell it in my country these days
Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

The onjes who smoke are fools.