Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How is smoking not the same, nicotine is addicting which is why it is so hard to quit and can take Medical assistance.
Yes the people in this thread were smoking in public and the situation may have been that no one cared; if that was the case it has no effect on you.
Also I am overweight and I do overeat so I know it is also a choice. Please don't think I'm some skinny gym rat who hates fat people.

Anyway back to the topic of royals who smoke, I heard William used to but I have never heard if Kate used to as well.

Whether you are now addicted and trying or not trying to break the habbit, a smoker chose to start. That was my point, they CHOSE.

Just like how they spend their money doesn't affect us, we still comment on it. Just how they dress doesn't affect us, but we comment on it. So on.

My problem, and the reason its not okay to talk weight on here, is the assumption you just made. That these people are all over eaters. Yes, over eating is a serious issue. But not every single fat person we look at is an over eater. There are other health issues that cause weight gain. And affect the loss of such weight as well. Unlike smoking, we do not know the cause of someone's weight. You are simply making assumptions. That's the difference.

This is another aspect of the fat acceptance brigade; putting up people with health issues as a shield against the fact that 90% of people who are obese are like that by their own actions.

BUT AGAIN!!!!! this thread will be locked if we don't get back on TOPIC!!!!

Queen Margrethe, I love her response to a anti cigarette journalist who asked her about the problem with her smoking and she responded "I don't have a problem with my smoking".

I don't know if Carole Middleton used to smoke, but she was famously chewed out (see what I did there?) by the press for chewing gum at William's passing out parade. (People sometimes chew gum to help give up smoking).

I hope Charlotte Casiraghi manages to give up. She's so beautiful and smoking often ages people prematurely. Do Stephanie and Caroline smoke? Their faces are quite lined for their ages, especially Stephanie. She's my age and I haven't really got any wrinkles. I think Albert probably doesn't smoke. I know he's older looking because of being a bit overweight and bald, but he doesn't have many lines on his face.

The only ardent smoker I can think of who it hasn't aged is Johnny Depp. But he's probably got great genetics (isn't he part native American?) And if he had never smoked he'd probably look about 12 lol.

Doesn't crown princess mette marit smoke

Edward VIII of Great Britain started smoking on a sea voyage when he was seventeen. He was formally permitted to smoke by his father from his 18th birthday.

:previous: And suffered an agonizing, long death from lung cancer!:sad:

Does Prince Nikolai of Denmark smoke like his father and his grandparents ?

Last edited:
I am not sure about this but I read a report that Harry had just given up smoking to please his beloved.

I don't think she smokes still...and I hear Harry has quit?

LaRae

Harry quitting smoking came from an anonymous tabloid source. I really have no idea. I didn’t have clue Meghan smoked until this was posted on Twitter.

Harry quitting smoking came from an anonymous tabloid source. I really have no idea. I didn’t have clue Meghan smoked until this was posted on Twitter.

Her face is not the face of a smoker (skin, and mouth area) so I'd say if she did it was several years ago.

LaRae

Her face is not the face of a smoker (skin, and mouth area) so I'd say if she did it was several years ago.

LaRae

The picture is from August 2016 in Italy. If she quit it was sometime after that.

I personally wouldn't call Business Insider "an anonymous tabloid source".

I have seen photographs or footage of Queen Margrethe, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy, Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, Prince Philippe of Liège (now King Philippe), Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Margaret of Great Britain, Crown Princess Maxima (now Queen Maxima), Crown Prince Willem-Alexander (now King), Prince Henrik of Denmark, Crown Prince Frederick, Prince Joachim of Denmark, Prince Albert of Belgium (later King) and Queen Beatrix of Holland, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Crown Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume smoking. I'm glad I don't know or work with any of them; I hate smoky atmospheres!

Last edited:

LaRae
Or, some people aren't regular smokers, but light up once in awhile. I've lit up a few times in my partying days (over a number of years in my early twenties, so it averages out to about once a year if that:lol:), but never was regular smoker.

Although, I don't know if I can trust the authenticity of that photo yet as the tabloids haven't even gotten to it. Even with all the dirt the tabloids tried to dig up. There has been A LOT of photoshopped materials of Meghan on Twitter.

Last edited:

LaRae

I don't know how old that photo is, but it doesn't look particularly old. How long has Meghan known Jessica Mulroney ?

Anyway, Meghan used to belong to a community (professional actors) where smoking seems to be very common. I would be surprised if she had never smoked before, at least "socially". I can't tell, however, if she still smokes today.

Smoking, apart from the respiratory diseases caused or exacerbated by smoking are pretty well known. I know people that will have a cigarette or two, after meals or a drink or two, but that's it. They do not smoke per se, merely indulge on occasion. Sort of like a health nut still enjoys creame brullee when out with friends or on holiday. The most miserable holiday I ever spent was with a fitness freak . . . Holidays were no excuse for omitting the long run, the following sweaty workout and slimy mystery green drinks for breakfast. No wonderful meals and nary a sip of champagne!

All things in moderation is as good as it gets. Meghan is obviously living healthily now and if Harry wants to join her by eating the same and even eschewing alcohol or caffinated drinks and cigarettes during her pregnancy my logical self says fair enough while my romantic self sort of swoons.

In the past I put in this topic pictures of Prince Felix and Prince Guillaume smoking.

Prince Felix of Luxembourg
IMG_4223.jpg

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume
1_22762_1145520963img22730.jpg

Prince Louis smokes too.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z5VFFsya...JUXr-1YzlW_Tl1plLzwCLcBGAs/s1600/9135874g.jpg

Wow, still surprised seen him smoking... and not use to at all to see people smoking inside restaurants these days. Thanks for the images!

Apparently, we can add princess Alexia to the list (although I haven't seen the pictures myself).

It's a shame that she smokes; she is young and it is difficult to stop smoking.

Does any royal vape, that is, smoke electronic cigarettes?

Saw a photo today of Constantine-Alexios of Greece smoking.

Back
Top Bottom