The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

I agree smoking is a disgusting habbit. and its too bas Joachim smokes in front of children - its a bad image for them to follow. it'll not be a surprise when prince find out some day that both his children smoke.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't know she had smoked in public.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

King Olav even smoked in official portraits! I once saw a portrait showing CrownPrince Olav, CrownPrincess Märtha and their newborn child (I think it was Ragnhild) and the CP was holding a cigarette. Looked really weird.

I think nowadays none of the Norwegian Royals are smoking anymore (athough I am pretty unsure about Mette-Marit...).

Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
Prince Joachim smokes 54 cigaretts per day.

He must smell like an ashtray!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
King Olav even smoked in official portraits! I once saw a portrait showing CrownPrince Olav, CrownPrincess Märtha and their newborn child (I think it was Ragnhild) and the CP was holding a cigarette. Looked really weird.

I think nowadays none of the Norwegian Royals are smoking anymore (athough I am pretty unsure about Mette-Marit...).
Yes, we all saw the pictures from last summer of her smoking. its not good for a future child. I want them to have anothe one - they do it perfectly
Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
"people who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

AMEN! That's all!
Old 06-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I've seen photos of Princess Letizia smoking when she was in Mexico (I think) but does anybody know when she gave up?

Also does anybody know when Princess Haya stopped smoking?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Nobility

Wow. I guess the Dutch royals have yet to realize that second-hand some, especially in children, is worse than being the smoker themselves? That's incredibly selfish and stupid of them to smoke in front the younger kids...especially when they're babies! What, do they think they're ammune to it or something because they're royalty?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie2006 View Post
Wow. I guess the Dutch royals have yet to realize that second-hand some, especially in children, is worse than being the smoker themselves? That's incredibly selfish and stupid of them to smoke in front the younger kids...especially when they're babies! What, do they think they're ammune to it or something because they're royalty?
What lead you to this conclusion? Just the one photo of them? Did that make you think that all the other royals are better? Is this the only reason to pick them out? Are all the other smokers (royal or not) stop smoking in the present of children? What "annoy" me is that you take it for garanted that they think: We are royal and that makes us immune. I don't think there is any truth in it.
I don't like where this thread leads. It is just a about royals who smokes, meaning tell us who does and show some pictures and not criticise them. It is also sensless. I just leads to endless discussions and wont change anything.

I am a social smoker (which is much more worse, because I know that smoking is harmful and I don't "have" to smoke, but sometimes it is like a big fat choco-creme-gateau. You know it makes you fat, but once in one or two months you cannot resist )
Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
"people who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

...of course none of the posters on this board lead perfect lives and I don't think we pretend to. But the topic of this thread is "Royals who smoke" and pamk posted her comments, all of which are true. She didn't say " Ha! The royal losers who smoke!" She simply pointed out that they have addictions just like we all do.

So I am kind of confused by your cryptic response, unless I missed something here?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does Lady Gabriella still smoke.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Courtier

does maxima still smoke?
Old 06-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofajr View Post
Prince Joachim smokes 54 cigaretts per day.

Ekstra Bladet - Se Jokkes smøger

there is a nice proho of Q.Margrethe smoking in the article:

Ekstra Bladet - Rygende Margrethe sendt udenfor
54 cigarettes a day??! How does he get anything done with all of that smoking? This seems like an outrageous amount of cigarettes per day. I'm surprised that he can even breathe properly. I wonder how much his habit costs him per month.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
54 cigarettes a day??! How does he get anything done with all of that smoking? This seems like an outrageous amount of cigarettes per day. I'm surprised that he can even breathe properly. I wonder how much his habit costs him per month.
The number of cigarettes he allegedly smokes per day, was calculated by the newspaper by how many packs of cigarettes with his own monogram on that he buys from the cigarette factory, and divided on number of days a year. It's not known if he personally smokes all the cigarettes.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

As I haven't smoked since August of 1977, I had to look up how many cigarettes are in a package. It is 20. So if he has an average amount in his pack, he smokes about 2 1/2 packs a day. That's a lot of smoke. On the other hand, people do things while smoking. They just don't sit and smoke, so the question of how does he do anything if he smokes so much, is not really pertinent. He may smoke a lot while on the phone or driving. Just ignorant guess. The sad thing is that he does smoke or any of them smoke.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

they found each other: sitting and smoking in the cafe in Canada:

SE og HØR - Gallerier
Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Nobility

What about OTMAA? Is there any evidence they smoked. I'm not sure if Tsarina Alexandra smoked either. But, I know Nicholas II did smoke. I've seen photos of Anastasia, Tatiana, and Maria smoking. But, I saw a photo of Alexei smoking but, many told me it wasn't real. I haven't seen a photo of Olga smoking. She may have not smoked. I'm not sure.
It was explaining that all of OTMAA smoked because their father, Nicholas II gave them cigarettes, while he was away in Stavaka. Many said since Alexandra, was a proper Victorian lady it would be 'unladylike' for her to be smoking cigarettes.I recall reading that the Grand Duchesses all smoked, and were taught to do so by their father himself. I have also seen pictures of them with cigarrettes in hand and apparently smoking. Yet a caption next to a photograph showing Anastasia apparently smoking in the book "Nicholas and Alexandra: The Family Albums" (pg. 218) reads: "Anastasia is smoking - is she simply trying to imitate her father or has she inherited this vice from him? This seems unthinkable, particularly since the parasol means that the Empress is present, and she would never have allowed her daughters to smoke."
Old 06-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaEvidence View Post
What about OTMAA? Is there any evidence they smoked. I'm not sure if Tsarina Alexandra smoked either. But, I know Nicholas II did smoke. I've seen photos of Anastasia, Tatiana, and Maria smoking. But, I saw a photo of Alexei smoking but, many told me it wasn't real. I haven't seen a photo of Olga smoking. She may have not smoked. I'm not sure.
It was explaining that all of OTMAA smoked because their father, Nicholas II gave them cigarettes, while he was away in Stavaka. Many said since Alexandra, was a proper Victorian lady it would be 'unladylike' for her to be smoking cigarettes.I recall reading that the Grand Duchesses all smoked, and were taught to do so by their father himself. I have also seen pictures of them with cigarrettes in hand and apparently smoking. Yet a caption next to a photograph showing Anastasia apparently smoking in the book "Nicholas and Alexandra: The Family Albums" (pg. 218) reads: "Anastasia is smoking - is she simply trying to imitate her father or has she inherited this vice from him? This seems unthinkable, particularly since the parasol means that the Empress is present, and she would never have allowed her daughters to smoke."
I had heard that the girls smoked, and have read letters from both Tatiana and Anastasia mentioning that they smoked. I've seen a picture where Anastasia appears to be smoking, but she could just be posing. I've seen a picture well Alexei appears to be smoking as well, but it really looks as if he's just posing or being funny.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyansaunt20 View Post
Guillaume and Felix of Luxembourg both smoke. There is a picture of Guillaume smoking when he was dating Pia (In Guillaumes's threads). Felix was pictured smoking at Pss Xenia's wedding. The link to that picture is in Felix's News Part 6
I don't see any link in that thread? Just that they talk about a link to that picture that no longer works.

-Eleanor Roosevelt