Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by micas@May 5th, 2004 - 8:12 am
Prince Harry smoke regulary. But William smoke regulary? Is some pic of him smok?
I'm not sure William still smokes but I think he used to. Maybe he still does but not in public, like Harry.

Originally posted by Jean@Jun 24th, 2004 - 1:07 pm
I'm not sure William still smokes but I think he used to. Maybe he still does but not in public, like Harry.
No, William still presently smokes. I just saw pictures of him leaving a polo match against his father and William had a cigarette in his mouth. He's just more discreet about getting caught doing it as you say. And Harry's more open about his smoking.

Alexandria, do you know it sure that princess Marilene smokes? I almost can't believe. Queen Beatrix smokes... I read it , and her sister princess Margriet too...and I read it about princess Laurentien. And Maxima and Alexander are :( :( smokers too...

Originally posted by prinses@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:36 pm
Alexandria, do you know it sure that princess Marilene smokes? I almost can't believe.
I'm not Alexandria, but I do know that Princess Marilene smokes. There are some pictures of her smoking in the Dutch royals section.

Originally posted by Gabriella+Jun 25th, 2004 - 5:10 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gabriella @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 5:10 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prinses@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:36 pm
Alexandria, do you know it sure that princess Marilene smokes? I almost can't believe.
I'm not Alexandria, but I do know that Princess Marilene smokes. There are some pictures of her smoking in the Dutch royals section. [/b][/quote]
... can you give me the link were I can see pictures she is smoking? :wacko:

Originally posted by prinses+Jun 26th, 2004 - 12:52 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (prinses @ Jun 26th, 2004 - 12:52 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Gabriella@Jun 25th, 2004 - 5:10 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-prinses
@Jun 25th, 2004 - 4:36 pm

I'm not Alexandria, but I do know that Princess Marilene smokes. There are some pictures of her smoking in the Dutch royals section.
... can you give me the link were I can see pictures she is smoking? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Go to the Dutch forum and find the threads on Maurits and Marilene. The picture has been posted there.

Okay. I found one. The picture is about half way down the page. You have to look closely, but you can see that the woman sitting down at the table is Marilene and she is smoking. You can't really see her face, but it is her. You can tell that the guy that is sitting next to her is her husband, Prince Maurits.

Princess Marilene Smoking

... thank you for show the picture... oh, what a pity, Marilene is my favorite princess but I hate smoking... :(
She have two children and it is bad for her en their health. So...I hope she will kill the cigarettes!

I just came across this photo of Queen Margrethe.

Eliza

Attachments

• margbigflowertiara1.jpg
    margbigflowertiara1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 44,030
I know this has been already asked, but do any Luxembourg royals smoke? They don't really seem like they would, and I've never seen pics of them doing so. But yet again, I didn't think most royals smoked until I read this thread.

Wow...it is really shocking how many of them smoke. What would be really interesting is to compare the smokers vs. the number of cancer organizations they head! HA!

I tend to think that smoking pre-1980 was so normal and accepted that it doesn't really surprise me. But now? WOW...there are a lot of them. I had heard that BOTH WA and Maxima had tried to quit and failed. Sad.

princessvalondra said:
Does anyone know if Prince Carl Philip smokes?
I am not sure about Carl Philip, but I know for a fact that Crown Princess Victoria, is a "social smoker" which means she smokes when she drinks or goes out to a party with friends. Princess Madeleine smokes regularly. Both the King and Queen of Sweden are ex-smokers. Queen Silvia quit when she became pregnant with Crown Princess Victoria. The King, sortly after his 50th birthday. Queen Silvia supposedly told her daughters not to get caught smoking by photographers. As for Prince Carl Philip I wouldn't be surprised if he did smoke, as it appears to run in the family.

timtonruben359 said:
As for Prince Carl Philip I wouldn't be surprised if he did smoke, as it appears to run in the family.
It's not as if smoking is a genetic trait. Just because everyone else in Carl Philip's family smokes doesn't necessarily means he does, too. Give the guy some credit for having a bit of a backbone.

Also, I think that smoking isn't as looked down upon as it is in some other parts of the world. Smoking is very common and normal in Europe.

Princess Haya of Jordan smoking

Attachments

• Sep 22, 2000 Haya smoking.jpg
    Sep 22, 2000 Haya smoking.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 74,423
Genevieve said:
It's not as if smoking is a genetic trait. Just because everyone else in Carl Philip's family smokes doesn't necessarily means he does, too. Give the guy some credit for having a bit of a backbone.

Also, I think that smoking isn't as looked down upon as it is in some other parts of the world. Smoking is very common and normal in Europe.
LOL, I know smoking is not Genetic but as an ex-smoker myself, when your parents and sibiling smoke at home often, you're more likely to become a smoker yourself. For me and a lot of my friends we would never had started if we weren't exposed to it.

That being said of course Carl Philip may not be a smoker, some people who see smoking around them don't become a smoker themselves. However, smoking is much more, how can I put this, "Socially acceptable" in Europe then in North America. When I lived in the UK for a year, students were practically somking the classrooms lol ... well not quite that bad LOL ;)

Do Queen Elizabeth II,Prince Philip,Prince Charles,Andrew,Princess Anne,Prince Edward smoke?I know that Princess Margaret smoke a lot and it had effected on her stomach and it is some of reason made she died early.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Do Queen Elizabeth II,Prince Philip,Prince Charles,Andrew,Princess Anne,Prince Edward smoke?I know that Princess Margaret smoke a lot and it had effected on her stomach and it is some of reason made she died early.
Queen Elizabeth II - From what I have read, she did smoke when she was a teenager but quit shortly after the second world war ended.

Prince Philip - smoked until his marriage to Queen Elizabeth II.

The Queen Mother - it's an open secert that the Queen mother smoked until she was well in to her 80s.

Prince Charles is an avid anti-smoker and has never smoked. Princess Anne never smoked though she did admit to trying it when she was younger. Prince Andrew and the Duchess of York smoked until the birth of their first child. Andrew is now reported to be a "social smoker". Edward is like Charles is an avid anti-smoker.

Lady Gabriella Windsor smokes as well. She was suspended from school for sneaking in with a pack of cigarettes.

I think it is quite interesting to hear that Queen Elizabeth II smoked "supposedly" as a teenager. She just doesn't seem the type to have ever smoked. ;)

bct88 said:
I think it is quite interesting to hear that Queen Elizabeth II smoked "supposedly" as a teenager. She just doesn't seem the type to have ever smoked. ;)
According to her governess "Crawfie" in her book The Little Princesses (pub 1950), she never smoked. (But who'd smoke in front of the governess anyway!)

it would be bad if some of these ppl feel in love with an ashmatic it could be deadly

Crown Prince Frederik stopped smoking, cause Mary isn't a smoker and she didn't like it.

bad_barbarella said:
it would be bad if some of these ppl feel in love with an ashmatic it could be deadly
I have chronic asthma (well, it's pretty bad). :( When people smoke around you, it only makes breathing even more difficult, and they don't seem to care. :mad:

Well, I think it was good Frederik stopped smoking for Mary. I just hope the other people try to stop smoking for their own health.

Last edited:
Danielle said:
I have chronic asthma (well, it's pretty bad). :( When people smoke around you, it only makes breathing even more difficult, and they don't seem to care. :mad:

Well, I think it was good Frederik stopped smoking for Mary. I just hope the other people try to stop smoking for their own health.
Sweetie i do too :( ppl would never know what we go through when we just cant breath :mad: us ashmas can stick together :)

bad_barbarella said:
Sweetie i do too :( ppl would never know what we go through when we just cant breath :mad: us ashmas can stick together :)
Yay, someone else does too. There are thousands of us out there all over the world. I just thank God every day that my illness is not as serious as what some other people have. :(

selrahc4 said:
According to her governess "Crawfie" in her book The Little Princesses (pub 1950), she never smoked. (But who'd smoke in front of the governess anyway!)

If she smoked, why did she give up after some years? :confused: I don't think she smoked. I can't imagine her with a cigarette.

Back
Top Bottom