Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh but don't you find that extremely glamorous? I love that husky Dowager tone to a woman's voice that only comes from an excess of good living. Jennifer Patterson had it as well.

I loved that woman. She knew what food was really about.

On-topic: I have it on excellent authority that EIIR smokes--or, at least, did back in the 70's/80's.

I am sure he could afford it. :D
anyway this is not an abstracle for a smoker.

Does Prince William Windsor smoke???

Yes i know The Queen now is strong and healthy.She never smokes.She sleeps early at 8.30 pm and gets up at 5.30 am.She also does some exercises in the morning.

I hope that if I am lucky and live to be 82 that I have the stamina and health of QE II --- she looks amazing for a woman of that age!

Does Prince William Windsor smoke???

His title is Prince William of Wales, not William Windsor. He would only ever use that name on official documents such as drivers licence, that sort of thing. However, when he was at school he went by William Wales.

Apparently he used to smoke, but not anymore.

Let's face it: Smoking is a dangerous, disgusting addiction. It is bad for your health, your hands smell and your clothes smell - even the furnishings of your house stink.
I grew up in the 1950's - a lot of my firends smoked - it was cool and sophisticated looking. I never smoked and I am glad that I didn't.
In this day and age, Queen Margarethe and Joachim should both quit the habit. Their teeth are yellow and disgusting. Joachim looks years older than he is - his skin is damaged from the cigarettes. How Mary and Alexandra can stand to have the children around "Granny" Margarethe and her cigarettes is beyond me - and Joachim smoking with his kids!
Some people think that smoking keeps your weight down - but at what cost? Your precious health?
Today, I see young kids smoking and I can't believe it. First, cigarettes are expensive and secondly, there is a lot education in the schools and on the television about smoking.
It just shows that Royalty are no different from anyone else - same addictions.

Let's face it: Smoking is a dangerous, disgusting addiction. It is bad for your health, your hands smell and your clothes smell - even the furnishings of your house stink.
I grew up in the 1950's - a lot of my firends smoked - it was cool and sophisticated looking. I never smoked and I am glad that I didn't.
In this day and age, Queen Margarethe and Joachim should both quit the habit. Their teeth are yellow and disgusting. Joachim looks years older than he is - his skin is damaged from the cigarettes. How Mary and Alexandra can stand to have the children around "Granny" Margarethe and her cigarettes is beyond me - and Joachim smoking with his kids!
Some people think that smoking keeps your weight down - but at what cost? Your precious health?
Today, I see young kids smoking and I can't believe it. First, cigarettes are expensive and secondly, there is a lot education in the schools and on the television about smoking.
It just shows that Royalty are no different from anyone else - same addictions.
"people who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

Prince Joachim smokes 54 cigaretts per day.

Ekstra Bladet - Se Jokkes smøger

there is a nice proho of Q.Margrethe smoking in the article:

Ekstra Bladet - Rygende Margrethe sendt udenfor

FIFTY-FOUR cigarettes a day??! I mean, is that even possible?? His lungs must be a frightful sight. That is awful...his new bride is going to find herself as a young widow soon unless Joachim comes to his senses and gets some help.

I always wondered why his teeth are so strangely colored and why he looks so old sometimes. Now I know!

Last edited:
I agree smoking is a disgusting habbit. and its too bas Joachim smokes in front of children - its a bad image for them to follow. it'll not be a surprise when prince find out some day that both his children smoke. :ermm:

King Olav even smoked in official portraits! I once saw a portrait showing CrownPrince Olav, CrownPrincess Märtha and their newborn child (I think it was Ragnhild) and the CP was holding a cigarette. Looked really weird. :huh:

I think nowadays none of the Norwegian Royals are smoking anymore (athough I am pretty unsure about Mette-Marit...).

King Olav even smoked in official portraits! I once saw a portrait showing CrownPrince Olav, CrownPrincess Märtha and their newborn child (I think it was Ragnhild) and the CP was holding a cigarette. Looked really weird. :huh:

I think nowadays none of the Norwegian Royals are smoking anymore (athough I am pretty unsure about Mette-Marit...).

Yes, we all saw the pictures from last summer of her smoking. its not good for a future child. I want them to have anothe one - they do it perfectly :flowers:

I've seen photos of Princess Letizia smoking when she was in Mexico (I think) but does anybody know when she gave up?

Also does anybody know when Princess Haya stopped smoking?

Wow. I guess the Dutch royals have yet to realize that second-hand some, especially in children, is worse than being the smoker themselves? That's incredibly selfish and stupid of them to smoke in front the younger kids...especially when they're babies! What, do they think they're ammune to it or something because they're royalty?

Wow. I guess the Dutch royals have yet to realize that second-hand some, especially in children, is worse than being the smoker themselves? That's incredibly selfish and stupid of them to smoke in front the younger kids...especially when they're babies! What, do they think they're ammune to it or something because they're royalty?

What lead you to this conclusion? Just the one photo of them? Did that make you think that all the other royals are better? Is this the only reason to pick them out? Are all the other smokers (royal or not) stop smoking in the present of children? What "annoy" me is that you take it for garanted that they think: We are royal and that makes us immune. I don't think there is any truth in it.
I don't like where this thread leads. It is just a about royals who smokes, meaning tell us who does and show some pictures and not criticise them. It is also sensless. I just leads to endless discussions and wont change anything.

I am a social smoker (which is much more worse, because I know that smoking is harmful and I don't "have" to smoke, but sometimes it is like a big fat choco-creme-gateau. You know it makes you fat, but once in one or two months you cannot resist:rolleyes: )

"people who live in glass houses should not throw stones"

...of course none of the posters on this board lead perfect lives and I don't think we pretend to. But the topic of this thread is "Royals who smoke" and pamk posted her comments, all of which are true. She didn't say " Ha! The royal losers who smoke!" She simply pointed out that they have addictions just like we all do.

So I am kind of confused by your cryptic response, unless I missed something here?

54 cigarettes a day??! How does he get anything done with all of that smoking? This seems like an outrageous amount of cigarettes per day. I'm surprised that he can even breathe properly. I wonder how much his habit costs him per month.

The number of cigarettes he allegedly smokes per day, was calculated by the newspaper :rolleyes:by how many packs of cigarettes with his own monogram on that he buys from the cigarette factory, and divided on number of days a year. It's not known if he personally smokes all the cigarettes. :ermm:

As I haven't smoked since August of 1977, I had to look up how many cigarettes are in a package. It is 20. So if he has an average amount in his pack, he smokes about 2 1/2 packs a day. That's a lot of smoke. On the other hand, people do things while smoking. They just don't sit and smoke, so the question of how does he do anything if he smokes so much, is not really pertinent. He may smoke a lot while on the phone or driving. Just ignorant guess. The sad thing is that he does smoke or any of them smoke.

What about OTMAA? Is there any evidence they smoked. I'm not sure if Tsarina Alexandra smoked either. But, I know Nicholas II did smoke. I've seen photos of Anastasia, Tatiana, and Maria smoking. But, I saw a photo of Alexei smoking but, many told me it wasn't real. I haven't seen a photo of Olga smoking. She may have not smoked. I'm not sure.
It was explaining that all of OTMAA smoked because their father, Nicholas II gave them cigarettes, while he was away in Stavaka. Many said since Alexandra, was a proper Victorian lady it would be 'unladylike' for her to be smoking cigarettes.I recall reading that the Grand Duchesses all smoked, and were taught to do so by their father himself. I have also seen pictures of them with cigarrettes in hand and apparently smoking. Yet a caption next to a photograph showing Anastasia apparently smoking in the book "Nicholas and Alexandra: The Family Albums" (pg. 218) reads: "Anastasia is smoking - is she simply trying to imitate her father or has she inherited this vice from him? This seems unthinkable, particularly since the parasol means that the Empress is present, and she would never have allowed her daughters to smoke."

Last edited by a moderator:
What about OTMAA? Is there any evidence they smoked. I'm not sure if Tsarina Alexandra smoked either. But, I know Nicholas II did smoke. I've seen photos of Anastasia, Tatiana, and Maria smoking. But, I saw a photo of Alexei smoking but, many told me it wasn't real. I haven't seen a photo of Olga smoking. She may have not smoked. I'm not sure.
It was explaining that all of OTMAA smoked because their father, Nicholas II gave them cigarettes, while he was away in Stavaka. Many said since Alexandra, was a proper Victorian lady it would be 'unladylike' for her to be smoking cigarettes.I recall reading that the Grand Duchesses all smoked, and were taught to do so by their father himself. I have also seen pictures of them with cigarrettes in hand and apparently smoking. Yet a caption next to a photograph showing Anastasia apparently smoking in the book "Nicholas and Alexandra: The Family Albums" (pg. 218) reads: "Anastasia is smoking - is she simply trying to imitate her father or has she inherited this vice from him? This seems unthinkable, particularly since the parasol means that the Empress is present, and she would never have allowed her daughters to smoke."

I had heard that the girls smoked, and have read letters from both Tatiana and Anastasia mentioning that they smoked. I've seen a picture where Anastasia appears to be smoking, but she could just be posing. I've seen a picture well Alexei appears to be smoking as well, but it really looks as if he's just posing or being funny.

Guillaume and Felix of Luxembourg both smoke. There is a picture of Guillaume smoking when he was dating Pia (In Guillaumes's threads). Felix was pictured smoking at Pss Xenia's wedding. The link to that picture is in Felix's News Part 6

I don't see any link in that thread? Just that they talk about a link to that picture that no longer works.

Back
Top Bottom