Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Layla1971 said:
We all get old and we don't know how long we'll live. So if our choices don't hurt others we should do what we want to, how we want to.
Yes, but if you call dieing a slow death while gasping for air doing what you want to do then they should go ahead. I just wish someone (like their parents) would educate these young royals like the casiraghi's on what smoking does to you like turning your lungs black with tar, makes it hard to breathe, causes cancer etc. My grandpa died of lung cancer and I wouldn't wish that on anybody, you'd think that being their parents they would have a little concern for their children's health. Plus don't the kids have to take a health class or something in school that shows them the effects of smoking? Maybe in Europe it's different. Correct me if I am wrong.:D

Hi everybody!
I think this was asked before and, to my knowledge, not answered.
Queen Paola still smokes though not in public and so does King Albert (Belgium)
Also smoking in Argentina (Maxima's home) is considered *wrong* since 2003. Before that, smoking was socially acceptable. It's only now that we have non-smokers' rooms, areas, laws, etc.
Just my $2 (pesos) LOL
Cheers!
Martin

Emanuele Filiberto di Savoia lighting a cigarette (source: identici)
nfhfyp.jpg

Oh lord....I know some of them smoke, but come on kids, they will do what they want to do.

In my country we take non-smoking issues to the extreme so much so, we forget about the other drugs and therefore create the illusion that smoking is bad...but everything else is not a big deal.

These royals...or for that matter anyone else...are not "bad" or "evil" people because they smoke.

What amazes me is due to the propaganda against smoking, people feel they have they AUTOMATIC right to tell smokers what in can do to their health and to stop.

Smoking is the hardest habit to break...it is an addiction and unless you have smoked regularly you DO NOT have any idea what it is like to try and stop.

THIS COMING FROM A NON-SMOKER LIKE ME! :)

All I am saying is cut them some slack...it could be worse, they could be using other drugs or abusing alcohol...

So we should give them heroin instead? or maybe some crack? Then that's worth talking about? Please! smoking is the leading killer in our country. We shouldn't be sidelining it. Yeah, these royals will do what they want and I think they should but if you know the consequences and you put innocent people like your children (for example Caroline of monaco smoking infront of Alexandra when she was a baby) in harms way. Then that's not right. I'm not trying to start an argument, so we'll get back to the pictures, I just wish more people were educated on this.

My feelings exactly, how could Caroline allow her Kids to smoke at such an early age.

hania said:
My feelings exactly, how could Caroline allow her Kids to smoke at such an early age.

The thing is that Caroline doesn't have the moral authority to tell them not to smoke because she does it herself, so it would be pretty pointless to do that

HRHAmy said:
So we should give them heroin instead? or maybe some crack? Then that's worth talking about? Please! smoking is the leading killer in our country. We shouldn't be sidelining it. Yeah, these royals will do what they want and I think they should but if you know the consequences and you put innocent people like your children (for example Caroline of monaco smoking infront of Alexandra when she was a baby) in harms way. Then that's not right. I'm not trying to start an argument, so we'll get back to the pictures, I just wish more people were educated on this.

That is not what I am saying and you know it. Please do not put words in my mouth.

What I am saying is that NO ONE has the right to tell anyone else what to do with their smoking habits, especially if you have NEVER smoked, you DO NOT know what it is like to try and give it up.

I am pretty sure we all are educated on this given the different outlets of media propagations on the subject, especially in the U.S.

What I am also saying is that other drug education has not been anywhere near propagated as the anti-smoking one and maybe it is about time it should be.

For example, Amy, when I was in college in the 1990's I had friends who do cocain, pills, etc. but they would not smoke cigarettes. Why? Because smoking would give you cancer.

Do you see what I am saying now? The anti-smoking campaign is so entrenched in our daily lives that the other drugs have been pushed to the side and not talked about to the point of smoking.

Heck, I cannot understand those who want cigarettes banned but want marijuana legalized. That, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS, makes NO sense at all.

Both are bad for your health.

I bet you are the kind of person if you saw a stranger smoking a cigarette would march up to the them and start lecturing them on the effects of it.. ;)

It isn't a moral issue at all. It is a social habit much like drinking - some do, some don't and some never will. Let's look at Caroline - now she can't tell Pierre and Andrea not to smoke when she does herself. It isn't anything to do with morals, it's just that it would hypocritical of her to do so. And the same goes for Margrethe with Frederik and Joachim. I think that the problem with todays society is, we're desperate to ban things just because we don't do it ourselves. "I don't smoke therefore nobody else can".

Lady Marmalade said:
I bet you are the kind of person if you saw a stranger smoking a cigarette would march up to the them and start lecturing them on the effects of it.. ;)
NO I wouldn't! and how would you know something I would do?! you aren't me. Talk about putting words in someone's mouth. And YES there are anti-smoking ads probably more than other drugs but there are other campaigns to stop hard drugs like heroin and crack. I've seen them and heard them so it's not just stopping smoking it's all drugs. My point which you decided to sidestep IS that royals like Caroline SHOULDN'T be smoking infront of her kids! Sure she couldn't tell Alexandra when she was 9 months old to not ever smoke cause she does it but she didn't have to blow the smoke in her face so she gets used to the smell and clogs her little lungs that's what I am saying and Lady Marmalade, how do YOU know if I have smoked or haven't? You know what happens when you assume don't you.

Last edited:
NOBODY royal or not should smoke in front of their children because they are making them unwilling smokers which is even more dangerous.

I don't care if people smoke or not as long as they don't do it in my presence (in closed places, in open spaces is cool) and don't do it in front of kids or sick people

Then I guess parents should not drink in front of their either. It might make them want to drink as well.

The only substance to that point is the second hand smoke being inhaled, other than that is their conclusive evidence showing that children will smoke if they see their parents doing it?

I may not agree with smoking, but I do feel it is NOT MY PLACE to tell others what to do as long as they are not blowing it directly in my face.

Then that's your opinion, Lady Marmalade. But this discussion could go on and on and on so I'm not continueing it. I guess we agree to disagree on some things. Does anybody know if Princess Mary of Denmark ever smoked?

Lady Marmalade said:
Then I guess parents should not drink in front of their either. It might make them want to drink as well.

I may not agree with smoking, but I do feel it is NOT MY PLACE to tell others what to do as long as they are not blowing it directly in my face.

It's a miracle:D but, Lady Marmalade and I agree on something!:D

It should also be remembered that not everyone who dies of cancer smoked and not every smoker dies of cancer or a related illness!

Last edited:
BeatrixFan said:
Hardly anyone has Roman beauty at the end of their life. We all come to dust in the end and just before we slip off the mortal coil, the moisture drains - we get wrinkly, we get liver spots and we wet ourselves when running for the bus. That's not beautiful.

:D At what age can I expect all this to happen? Am I ok walking to the car?:D

which royals smoke

I know for a fact that the following royal smokers which all use to smoke a lot have quit smoking years ago.

Prince Henrik
Princess Benedikte
Queen Anne Marie of Greece

Skydragon said:
It's a miracle:D but, Lady Marmalade and I agree on something!:D

It should also be remembered that not everyone who dies of cancer smoked and not every smoker dies of cancer or a related illness!

Aww..thank you. :)

You know I do enjoy our polite bantering on certain subjects... ;)

I agree, Smoking in front of your children will not necessarily make them smokers. Kids often try smoking because they want to or because of peer pressure.

What is Caroline going to do? Lock Andrea in his room till he stops?

Lady Marmalade said:

I agree, Smoking in front of your children will not necessarily make them smokers. Kids often try smoking because they want to or because of peer pressure.

Have you ever heard of "unwilling smokers" that's what those kids are, they get addicted and sick because of the smoke that they unwillingly get when those near them smoke a lot, maybe those kids would start smoking, maybe not, but the point is that those smoking next to them should be aware of the damage they are doing

crisiñaki said:
Have you ever heard of "unwilling smokers" that's what those kids are, they get addicted and sick because of the smoke that they unwillingly get when those near them smoke a lot, maybe those kids would start smoking, maybe not, but the point is that those smoking next to them should be aware of the damage they are doing

No they don't all get addicted and sick. I have known 100's who smoke, that are still disgustingly healthy and whose children do and don't smoke and all enjoy good health. I have also known 100's who don't smoke, have never been in contact with smokers, who have constantly been ill and/or died from Cancer.

What I find amazing, is that so many people against smoking will happily have one too many drinks and don't see the harm in that.

Last edited:
All photos showing RF's smoking should be banned

It's selfish, it's disgusting, IT'S NOT ROYAL.

Lady Marmalade said:

So do I:)

Pressure won't work with most people and those that are so against smoking, are also against saying no to children anyway.

How is smoking selfish?????

I would think expecting the public to pay for royal events through taxes when they may not agree with having a royal family is selfish....;)

Oh my Lord!!!

Letizia smoking!! Quick, let's banish her to the dungeon!!!!

Smoking is not royal....hmm....they have been doing it...MALE and FEMALE for generations..

I agree with Skydragon..I know many couples who smoke and who have children and their children have not smoked ,nor have any desire, to smoke.

I am a non-smoker who has never tried and I just believe there are more important things to worry about.

Lady Marmalade said:
How is smoking selfish?????

I would think expecting the public to pay for royal events through taxes when they may not agree with having a royal family is selfish....;)

Oh my Lord!!!

Letizia smoking!! Quick, let's banish her to the dungeon!!!!

I am a non-smoker who has never tried and I just believe there are more important things to worry about

Letizia smoking, shock horror:eek: :D :D

Maxie said:
I'm pretty sure Queen Beatrix smokes (at least she used to smoke). I remember having seen pictures of her smoking several years ago. I tried to find them, but there is nothing to be found... :eek:

Sometimes I think it would be wiser to open a thread called: which royals don't smoke and haven't done it? :rolleyes:

Yes She smokes /smoked(?) .
here's a pic:
http://s2.supload.com/free/smokingdrinking.jpg/view/

I once found it at Google. ^^

prinsesmelanie said:
I don't have the pictures i saw them in a magazine. But i can find you the picture off her drinking while pregnant if you like to have those. I am sory i can not give you the others.

and how do you know if what she drunk was alcoholic? moreover, showing how healthy and beautiful her daughters are, i bet she didn't do anything 'unhealthy' when she was pregnant.

also, maxima quit smoking long ago. that was reported and discussed at length here.

Back
Top Bottom