Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...JuAnItA... said:
How do you know that? :)

Well, I read it in an article by the charming Jaime Peñafiel :D so it probably isn't true...but still.

...sOfIa.... said:
Well, I read it in an article by the charming Jaime Peñafiel :D so it probably isn't true...but still.
Do you know what is the article? :)

a lot of royals smoke the fancy menthol cigarettes becos it is fashionable!!!

...JuAnItA... said:
Do you know what is the article? :)

Sorry..It was ages ago that I read the article, perhaps it was in El Mundo, I really can't remember. :eek: Sorry!

Re:

In these days of terrorism and natural disaster, why shouldn't they enjoy the time they have and if that includes smoking then good luck to them.

There's too much of this politically-correct nose-poking goes on. They aren't stupid, they know the health issues but we're all going to pop off anyway so why try and live and endless life?

You know what amazes me about my country?

It would seem like you could light up a joint, or snort coke in public, and no one would bat an eyelash, but the moment you light up a cigarette, people look at you like you just committed a mass murder.

I have never understood the argument my friends in college, who would do all sorts of drugs, BUT NOT SMOKE. Why? Smoking will kill you.......and what would the other stuff do?

When we focus on one particular drug in this country we beat the issue to death so much that people are treated like pariahs and then made to feel like they are filth, but then there are those who think legalizing marijuana should be allowed and smoking should be outlawed.

At what point in time did common sense leave us in this world?

I have a close relative and my neighbour who died of lungcancer (and both smoked a lot) and it is no joke for all involved and life never seemed so sweet until the moment they heard that it was terminal.

On a lighter note, I do not mind smokers in restaurants during desert but when some one is smoking at at table close to yours during a starter and maincourse it does influence the way food tastes.

BeatrixFan said:
In these days of terrorism and natural disaster, why shouldn't they enjoy the time they have and if that includes smoking then good luck to them.

There's too much of this politically-correct nose-poking goes on. They aren't stupid, they know the health issues but we're all going to pop off anyway so why try and live and endless life?

Re:

I have a close relative and my neighbour who died of lungcancer (and both smoked a lot) and it is no joke for all involved and life never seemed so sweet until the moment they heard that it was terminal

I've lost several relatives due to smoking and so I wasn't taking it lightly. But freedom of expression and choice is one that we all have. We can do as we please unless we're breaking the law. I'm a Queen Sofia rank smoker - only after meals, but there's nothing I like more at the end of a horrid day than a glass of sherry and a cigarette. I was caught up in the 7/7 attacks here - after that I realised there was no point not doing things to prolong life because you can't decide your own time. :)

who is your avatar?
I know very few men who drink sherry, hope it is dry and cold :) :)

BeatrixFan said:
I have a close relative and my neighbour who died of lungcancer (and both smoked a lot) and it is no joke for all involved and life never seemed so sweet until the moment they heard that it was terminal

I've lost several relatives due to smoking and so I wasn't taking it lightly. But freedom of expression and choice is one that we all have. We can do as we please unless we're breaking the law. I'm a Queen Sofia rank smoker - only after meals, but there's nothing I like more at the end of a horrid day than a glass of sherry and a cigarette. I was caught up in the 7/7 attacks here - after that I realised there was no point not doing things to prolong life because you can't decide your own time. :)

Re:

who is your avatar? I know very few men who drink sherry

It's the wonderful Princess Marie of Liechtenstein. I'm afraid I'm not like most men dear! ;)

BeatrixFan said:

It's the wonderful Princess Marie of Liechtenstein. I'm afraid I'm not like most men dear! ;)

Ahh...good answer BeatrixFan.

One must remember that drink habits differ from country to country and sherry is popular in England.

all men are unique :rolleyes:

(am going to look up now who marie of liechtenstein is)
BeatrixFan said:

I like your animation there...and agree with you on that, Susan Alicia.. :)

Re:

One must remember that drink habits differ from country to country and sherry is popular in England

Very popular. With old ladies.

Anywho, do look up Princess Marie! The Liechtenstein forum has lots of pics and info - recent piccie thread started by moi. She's just got such a loveable look to her - like a Royal Mouse :D

Re;

Princess Marie of Liechtenstein is the wife of Prince Hans-Adam, who is still the Head of State of Liechtenstein although his son is now Monarch.

oh, somehow she looks different, not sure if maybe it is her hair

How about Prince Ali and Prince Hashim of Jordan? Do they smoke?

hania said:
guys, does anyone know if Anna Mrie of Greec smokes?

I've seen photos of her with a cigarette in the past but she may have quit by now.

Hania - she's living her life doing what she wants to do. And she says, we're all free to make choices. She isn't hooked on eating lettuce and drinking bottled water to stay on the planet for 130 years - she wants to do everything and try everything. And God Bless her for it.

Back
Top Bottom