Which Royals Smoke?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe we just stop with debating maxima's smokin habit. we have concluded that she smokes and unfortunately still pursues the habit and that is that!!!!

what about Félix and Guillaume of Luxembourg?

Tina said:
what about Félix and Guillaume of Luxembourg?

I haven't heard that they smoke, or seen any photos of them doing it.

I have seen a foto of the older one smokin, it also said he is goin out with pia haraldson or something!!!

i wouldn't be suprised considering that their mother smokes. besides, i've noticed that guillaume's and felix' teeth are kinda yellowish, which could be atributed to that, drinking tea or coffee.

smoking has no age limit. at least, not anymore.

yeah but dont parents advise kids against smokin so early!! here the age of consent to smoke is 16.

a pic of king constantine smoking (corbis)

HU028571.jpg

While smoking is not the best habit in the world, I do not think Princess Maxima should be villified like a criminal as I have been reading on some of your posts. Europeans still have a more accepting stance on smoking in the cultures. I smoke, I do not do any other drugs and people look at me like I am a murderer when I light up. Only in the U.S. can groups push to legalize marijuana but then want to ban smoking.....I do not understand the difference as one is just as bad for one's health as the other.

Lady Marmalade said:
While smoking is not the best habit in the world, I do not think Princess Maxima should be villified like a criminal as I have been reading on some of your posts. Europeans still have a more accepting stance on smoking in the cultures. I smoke, I do not do any other drugs and people look at me like I am a murderer when I light up. Only in the U.S. can groups push to legalize marijuana but then want to ban smoking.....I do not understand the difference as one is just as bad for one's health as the other.

I think that everyone should respect a baby's health . Maxima is a princess and she should set a good example.

Last edited:
I think we all should move past the Maxima smoking outrage...she did it over and done with.

This picture shows that the Princess Soraya was a smoker. The Shah was a smoker too, but when doctors asked that he reduce his smoking to one packet a day, the Shah would smoke according to a time schedule...lol

Attachments

• Young lover.bmp
    125.1 KB · Views: 257
I just want to clarify something. Europe is not 1 big country, therefore European countries do not share 1 culture or ideals. What may be acceptable in Greece is not necessarily acceptable in the UK.

There are some European countreis which do have a much more lax attitude to smoking, places like Greece, Italy and Spain. That doesn't mean the entire continent is full of smokers. Here in Britain, there's a huge anti-smoking lobby and there's alot of talk of banning it completely in public, like Ireland. I believe some towns have already tried out pilot schemes doing this.

Fro example you'll find that alot of Mediterranean countries and Arab countries (for example) take a really relaxed attitude to smoking. Most people do it, but that's just another example of cultural differences in attitude.

Apologies for going off topic but it infuriates me when I see people talk of "Europe" as though it were all the same place. It's not.

Little_star said:
I just want to clarify something. Europe is not 1 big country, therefore European countries do not share 1 culture or ideals. What may be acceptable in Greece is not necessarily acceptable in the UK.

There are some European countreis which do have a much more lax attitude to smoking, places like Greece, Italy and Spain. That doesn't mean the entire continent is full of smokers. Here in Britain, there's a huge anti-smoking lobby and there's alot of talk of banning it completely in public, like Ireland. I believe some towns have already tried out pilot schemes doing this.

Fro example you'll find that alot of Mediterranean countries and Arab countries (for example) take a really relaxed attitude to smoking. Most people do it, but that's just another example of cultural differences in attitude.

Apologies for going off topic but it infuriates me when I see people talk of "Europe" as though it were all the same place. It's not.

Yes Little Star you are correct in what you say but I would also add that the U.K. is not one country either. There are six nations living in these islands each with their own culture and traditions. Sorry for going off topic but, like Little Star, it annoys me when people lump countries together as if they were all the same.

Last edited:
Prince Nicholas of Greece smokes. The U.S. television program 20/20 did a special on royals last May due to the two weddings and they said he would not allow them to show him smoking on camera.

That I do not know about...good question, anyone? I would not think so, especially Phillipos who is still young.

But then again, Andreas of Monaco smokes and pictures have captured Pierre and Charlotte as well.

Prince Harry does and Prince William may occasionally have one.

It seems a lot of the younger aristocratic and titled set in Great Britain smoke.

can someone post a pic of charlotte smoking pls? i've never seen her, i don't think she actually smokes

Char does smoke, there are some on the thread on monaco royalty!!!

well i've never seen them. i alwys saw her brothers and fmaily smoke...even saw her surrounded by friends who were smoking. but i never saw HER smoking. i'm not saying she doesn't...i'd just like to see a photo of her smoking.

Lady Marmalade said:

I think the difference is that maraijuana can be used as a controled pain reliever for those in desperate need.

Well, I do not agree with using any type of illegal drug. Both are bad for your health. And what you wrote about has been used as a persuasive argument in the United States, but will never pass as a law and rightfully so. It sends the wrong message, like smoking does, to our children, that it is perfectly harmless to do. That is not a moralistic and good standard to set for our country's youth.

Lady Marmalade said:
Well, I do not agree with using any type of illegal drug. Both are bad for your health. And what you wrote about has been used as a persuasive argument in the United States, but will never pass as a law and rightfully so. It sends the wrong message, like smoking does, to our children, that it is perfectly harmless to do. That is not a moralistic and good standard to set for our country's youth.

Marijuana is a lighter drug than oxycodone which is legally prescribed. Why will this law never pass? Like it or not this law may pass and not only in the US. If this law does pass the drug will probably only be legal in the sense that it can be prescribed by a doctor. There are many people put there who suffer from various diseases and ailments that may get some relief from this drug. Why is that wrong? If anyone has ever known pain, chronic dehabilitating pain or had a loved one without alternative and this drug may relieve some of that who is anyone to deny them or judge them for that?

Does Queen Paola of Belgium still smoke? I thought I saw pictures of her in her picture forum smoking several times. Would anyone know if she's quit or does she still smoke??

Hi,

While you make some very interesting points, the United States is not about to pass laws to degrade the education of "Just say no to Drugs".

I am well aware of the potential medicinal benefits, but given the rampant drug use among minors in this country, the mere symbolic passing of a such a law would open Pandora's box of giving it legitimacy.

We in the U.S. are not in the habit of doing such a thing.

I do give several European countries credit such as Italy and Ireland for banning smoking, but, people who do smoke cigarettes should still not be treated like evil people.

Did everyone know that when she was Queen, the Queen Mother smoked 8 cigarettes a day?

I also read Queen Sofia still smokes three a day, one after each meal.

lashinka2002 said:
Marijuana is a lighter drug than oxycodone which is legally prescribed. Why will this law never pass? Like it or not this law may pass and not only in the US. If this law does pass the drug will probably only be legal in the sense that it can be prescribed by a doctor. There are many people put there who suffer from various diseases and ailments that may get some relief from this drug. Why is that wrong? If anyone has ever known pain, chronic dehabilitating pain or had a loved one without alternative and this drug may relieve some of that who is anyone to deny them or judge them for that?

Back
Top Bottom