The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Question Which royals are good friends?

are there any relations between crown princes/princesses, princes/princesses, nobility members and kings/queens of friendship? do you think there are royals who are really friends of other one?

to start i would say the very close relation between mette marit and victoria and the (new) friendship between maxima and letizia. we could also see masako and mathilde chating in a very informal and friendly environment.
about princes haakon and frederik seem to be very close and good friends and felipe and his cousins (luis alfonso de borbon, for example) too.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Aristocracy

I know that Queen Elizabeth II is very good friends with Queen Sonja of Norway.

Prince Charles is close to King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa of Spain he and the late Princess of Wales along with William and Harry used to vaction with the Spanish King and Queen often. Queen Elizabeth II is also friends with the King of Spain.

The Queens of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are all good friends as well.

I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can't remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I'll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting

Old 06-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Courtier

King Juan Carlos is a very good friend of Queen Beatrix. Queen Sofia is very close to her sister, Princess Irene of Greece

CP Felipe is a very good friend of CP Victoria and Prince Nikolas (they are cousins)
Old 06-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Commoner

Prince Ali and Crown Princess (victoria) of sweden are friends :)
Old 06-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too! They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima's house after a dinner there.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by timtonruben359@Jun 4th, 2004 - 1:43 pm

Prince Charles is close to King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa of Spain he and the late Princess of Wales along with William and Harry used to vaction with the Spanish King and Queen often. Queen Elizabeth II is also friends with the King of Spain.

that's true! there is a photo of juan carlos hugging harry when they went to palma de mayorca for holiday when he was very little. also there were (nearly all) the spanish royal family with charles, diana, william and harry...

Quote:
I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can't remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I'll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting
maybe because she is now the most powerful and the richer queen of all europe (title which elizabeth had a few years ago) :P

Quote:
Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too! They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima's house after a dinner there.
aww! i would really like to see that photo of clever maxima and sweet mathilde toghether!!

Quote:
really? they don't seem to have compatible characthers... :P
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness

If I may because two royals are seen conversating doesn't mean they are good friends. :flower:
Old 06-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm

Quote:
really? they don't seem to have compatible characthers... :P
According to several biographies I have read, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja are indeed very close friends. Several staffmembers say that when Queen Elizabeth and Queen Sonja are talking on the phone together they are not to interupt them unless it's a life and death emergency.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles been friends with Crown Prince Phillipe of Belgium someone said that!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-05-2004, 03:55 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by timtonruben359+Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timtonruben359 @ Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm

Quote:
really? they don&#39;t seem to have compatible characthers... :P
According to several biographies I have read, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja are indeed very close friends. Several staffmembers say that when Queen Elizabeth and Queen Sonja are talking on the phone together they are not to interupt them unless it&#39;s a life and death emergency. [/b][/quote]
O, no. This is not good. Grand Duchess Denise Niemand von Nergens-Ingenstans will have to break off her friendship with QEII since she is friends with the enemy. This is not good. She is running out of friends.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Philippe of Belgium is good friends with crowprince Naruhito of Japan. Philippe and Mathilde are also very close to the RF of Luxemburg, and the archdukes of Austria.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Nobility

The Spanish Royal Family, and the Greek Royal Family seem quite close. I know that they are related, but they choose to spend time together. They holiday together every summer.

In particular, Felipe and Nikolaos seem quite close. Nik also seems close to his cousin, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

I&#39;ve also seen Nik with Crown Princess Victoria quite a bit. I hear that they used to date, I don&#39;t know if that is true.

I think Alexia sees the Infantas quite a bit, especially Christina.

I&#39;ve also heard that Pavlos and MC are friends with Lady Helen & Tim Taylor.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:25 AM
Heir Apparent

hmz...i heard that Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Frederick of Denmark were best friends
Old 06-06-2004, 03:25 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by yvr girl@Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:31 pm
I think Alexia sees the Infantas quite a bit, especially Christina.
Yes. They both enjoy sailing.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:59 AM

The Royal Belgium family is a good friend of the Netherlands . Filip and Mathilde are good friends of Alex and Maxima , they have privat dinners in Den Haag of Brussel , When Princess Amalia was born , Filip and Mathilde visited the newborn princess with their children Elisabeth and Gabriel. And of course have ALbert and Beatrix a close band .They calling all lot , told a good friend of the king . B) The Royal family of BElgium has also a close band with the family of Spain . Queen Fabiola is from Spain . But Filip and Mathilde have also a close band with CP Felipe en Infante Christina .Elisabeth&#39;s first summer have they spend in Spain .For a week the where with the Spanisch family. Queen Sofia is also a good friend of Paola , when they are together they talk a lot of their children and grandchildren.
They are so cute&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 06-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Heir Apparent

i think that all the benelux royals are quite connected. they are tiny places, and they share nearly all the same languages. maxima and mathilde seem to have similar characters (to the point of wearing nearly the same outfits&#33; :P ) and also beatrix and fabiola were seen many times talking. and also luxembourg and belgic seem to have a close relation...
Old 06-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:50 am
i think that all the benelux royals are quite connected. they are tiny places, and they share nearly all the same languages. maxima and mathilde seem to have similar characters (to the point of wearing nearly the same outfits&#33; :P ) and also beatrix and fabiola were seen many times talking. and also luxembourg and belgic seem to have a close relation...
Actually I think Máxima and Mathilde have very different caracters.

The Belgian and Luxemburg royals are so closely connected because they are very close family.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:42 AM

I wouldn´t say that the belgian en dutch royal family speak the same language. The dutch of the belgian royal family is realy bad. An axample: Maxima speaks better dutch than all the members of the belgian royal family together. Mathilde did improve her dutch since she married filip, but paola, claire, astrid (I don´t about her kids) and fabiola are the worst&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 06-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

what about maxima&#39;s dutch? is she improving?
Old 06-06-2004, 10:19 AM

Maxima has still a Spanish accent when she&#39;s speaking deutch. Mathilde speaks now very wel deutch , You don&#39;t hear anywmore her french accent . Astrid is doing well . But Claire and Paola still have to learn a lot B)