The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Nobility

Even though they are obviously very different ages, I can imagine CP Victoria and Queen Margrethe getting along very well:)

Old 11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Does someone know about the Grimaldis?? Do they have any royal friends??

I know it isn´t a lot but once i saw i pic of prince Albert and Queen Silvia and King Carl´Gustav talking in the Pope´s funeral.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I'm not sure about Maxima and Letizia. there were the photos of them chatting at Mary and Frederick's wedding but that is the only time I'm aware of that they were together. (other than Letizia's wedding but that doesn't really count)

does anyone know of other instances where they were hanging out together?

I've seen photos of the CP families of Norway and Holland together informally. it seems pretty logical for MM and Maxima to get together so that little Ingrid and Amalia can become friends.
I read somehwere that they call each other and talk sometimes. (Maxima and Letizia)
Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
The picture of Margrethe and Beatrix is priceless!!! Where did you get it? I can't wait for simular pictures of Elisabeth/ Catharina-Amalia/ Ingrid Alexandra/ Leonor.
Beeldbank is the BEST resource for finding pictures of the Dutch royals. I believe it is the national archive.
http://beeldbank.nationaalarchief.nl...5b4021493e39af
Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 PM
Courtier

I think Margrethe & Henrik, and Albert & Paola get on well with each other. I've read a while ago that some years ago Henrik stayed with Albert and Paola, when he was recovering from surgery he had in Belgium. I've also seen a picture of Albert and Paola visiting Margrethe and Henrik at their wine castle in France.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I believe Prince Henrik is also friends with Prince Philip-Erasmus and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein (brother of Hans-Adam II) and with Diane of Wurttemberg (nee France).
Old 11-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Aristocracy

I have seen a photograph of Prince Henrik and Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis in a rather informal setting. I am not sure if they are friends, but they look it in the photo.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:43 AM
Serene Highness

Empress Farah Pahlavi and Queen Sofia of Spain
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
Does someone know about the Grimaldis?? Do they have any royal friends??

I know it isn´t a lot but once i saw i pic of prince Albert and Queen Silvia and King Carl´Gustav talking in the Pope´s funeral.
I always thought that Prince Charles was a friend of the Grimaldis. There was a rumor many years ago that he was going to get married to Princess Caroline. This was before her first marriage. I think the newspapers made that one up.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jil
I always thought that Prince Charles was a friend of the Grimaldis. There was a rumor many years ago that he was going to get married to Princess Caroline. This was before her first marriage. I think the newspapers made that one up.
If I remember correctly, then I think that was just a possibility and the two went out together once and there wasn't a spark so their families let it drop.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
Does someone know about the Grimaldis?? Do they have any royal friends??.
Well I don't really know anything on this subject when it comes to the present Grimaldi family, but I think that the late Prince Bertil of Sweden (an uncle of King Carl XVI Gustaf) got along quite well with the late Prince Rainier and Princess Grace - they seemed to enjoy each other's company.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for your anwer Jil and Grand Duchess!
as far as i know caroline didn´t like Charles when they met
Old 12-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I remember seeing that (Beatrix meeting Sofia and Juan-Carlos) on television. She was very happy to see them. The queen was celebrating her 60th birthday and the spanish royal couple could not attend due to an ETA attack in Spain. However, the attended lunch at the palace in Apeldoorn. Infanta Pilar stayed for the remainder of the celebrations.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

King Juan Carlos and King Hussein II of Jordan were like the best of friends, the late one gave the SRF the Mareta Palace in Lanzarote as a gift and that's why I think Noor and Sofía are still very good friends.

Cristina was very good friends with Phillippe of Belgium, there was a rumor they would get married; her and her husband are friends with Haakon, Kyril and Alexia (Cristina & Alexia lived together for several years in Barcelona; their relationship is alike to that of Queen Sofía with Princess Tatiana)

The SRF seems to be extremely close to their Greek (Alexia, Pavlos and Nikolaos not Theodora or Phillipos) and Gómez Acebo cousins but not that close to the Zurita (children of Infanta Margarita) maybe because of the age gap
Old 02-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox
Maxima has still a Spanish accent when she's speaking deutch. Mathilde speaks now very wel deutch , You don't hear anywmore her french accent . Astrid is doing well . But Claire and Paola still have to learn a lot B)
You meant she speaks Dutch not German (Deutsch). Dutch as Vlaams (Flemish) and Letzeburgisch (the dialect of Letzteburg = Luxemburg) are historically German dialects, versions of the "Rheinfränkisch" (rhine-franconian), which had their own development into a modern language.

Greetings from Germany, Jo (who was born in the Palatinate, where another of the Rheinfränkisch-dialects is spoken.)
Old 02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

welcome to the forums Jo!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jil
I think she was one of the royals that was suggested to Charles but, as you say, there was no spark.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunalu
prince charles is supposed to be a great friend of spanish royal family : from those pics, he seems to have "adopted" letizia very well
He seems to get on well with everyone in your photos.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

judging from the many pictures and old video footage, I'd say that Queen Noor and the late King Hussein were good friends with Queen Beatrix and her husband. I assume the two women are still friends after the deaths of their husbands.

Queen Rania and Prince Charles are good friends, as pointed out in a previous post. The Queen also seems to be friends with Camilla (since before the marriage, through osteofound). QR even mentioned rather candidly in an interview to Hello that she felt the British press had been hard on Camilla.
Ofcourse that doesnt seem to be much of a problem anymore.

The friendship between Queen Noor and Farah Pahlavi has been mentioned before too. Farah was invited to Prince Hamzah's wedding reception, despite complaints from the Iranian government.
Farah also seems to have been a good friend of the late Queen Alia of Jordan.

I have also observed from the several pictures I've seen of them together, that CP Victoria and Prince Ali seem to have a very friendly relationship as well.

I'll find some pictures and post them here soon.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

There's a picture of Victoria and Ali dancing but I don't remember which thread is it on:o :o