The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant are also very close to Simeon of Austria and his wife Marie (born princess of the Two Sicilies).

Old 04-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB

And I remember seeing a photo of the Norwegian CP couple sitting at their seaside summerhouse with I think Laurentien and Mathilde and some babies. And I thought, "cool, they meet up privately as well" It was just a regular weekend, no official engagements. It was before Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born. Have anyone seen this photo as well?!? I can't find it (I don't know where to look:) )
I think it was in Se & Hør. I remember seeing it.

Old 04-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think King Albert II and Queen Beatrix are quite close, when King Baudouin died she was one of the 2 people he consulted (the other one was King Juan-Carlos). King Albert and Queen Paola were also close to Duchess Marie-Therese of Aremberg (nee Princess of Bavaria. CP Phillipe and CP Mathilde are good friends with princess Helene of Bavaria.

The Luxembourg and the Belgian RF are close to each other, probably because of the family connection. Queen Fabiola is especially close to her niece Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (nee Luxembourg).

Prince Laurent of Belgium is friends with Pieter van Vollenhoven (husband of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands).

Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet are close to Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan. I believe that Charles and Beatrix are close as well.

Prince Charles and King Constantine II are friends.

Queen Sofia's best friend is her cousin Princess Tatiana Radziwill I think (daughter of Pss Eugenie of Greece and Denmark).

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands is very good friends with Archduke Michael of Austria and his wife Christiane (nee Princess of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg), she is also friends with Prince Alois of Lowenstein-W-R and his wife, Princess Anastasia of Prussia.

Prince Constantijn and Laurentien are friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit and they met Charles and Camilla on a regular basis as well. Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are friends to Rosario and Cyrill of Bulgaria.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Queen Noor and Queen Sofia seems to be close friends
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA0QN5HO.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	132646   Click image for larger version

Name:	CA6N47MB.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	132647  
Old 04-26-2005, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikkiB
And I remember seeing a photo of the Norwegian CP couple sitting at their seaside summerhouse with I think Laurentien and Mathilde and some babies. And I thought, "cool, they meet up privately as well" It was just a regular weekend, no official engagements. It was before Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born. Have anyone seen this photo as well?!? I can't find it (I don't know where to look:) )
Maxima and Laurentien with husbands and children spent a long weekend with Haakon and Mette-Marit this summer at the Norwegian royal familys summerhous, they went to a concert and took boattrips with and without their children, I think it was after Claus Casimir was born, because the picture of them arriving at the airport in Sandefjord showed three dutch children. There were pictures of Maxima, Laurentien, and Mette-Marit in bathingsuits and skirts and Maxima was wearing a cowboy hat.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Maxima and Laurentien with husbands and children spent a long weekend with Haakon and Mette-Marit this summer at the Norwegian royal familys summerhous, they went to a concert and took boattrips with and without their children, I think it was after Claus Casimir was born, because the picture of them arriving at the airport in Sandefjord showed three dutch children. There were pictures of Maxima, Laurentien, and Mette-Marit in bathingsuits and skirts and Maxima was wearing a cowboy hat.
Thanks for this friendship factoid Larzen. :)

The Norwegian CP couple seem to be good friends with many royals: Edward and Sophie from their stay in London to study; Frederik was Haakon's best man at his wedding; Haakon and Constantijn's friendship is also evident by the latter's choice of Haakon as his daughter's godfather; Mette-Marit is also friends with Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Buddying up - Royals

I've noticed that some of the ladies of the Scandanavia join up to go on engagements together. It works well for both parties, as two royals for the price of one brings the photographers, but it is also go for charities that are similiar in nature or cross borders.
Later this year Prince Albert III will join the Countess of Wessex for a auction for ChildLine and a Monacan children charity, Mission enfance. The orginal auction was cancelled after the death of Prince Ranier, it has now been penciled in for Autumn 2005.

Do any other royals join together for engagements and events? Are their any royals that should join their forces, for the benefit of similiar chairites? Maybe they can even join up with celebrities?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting thread Claire. The pairing of Albert and Sophie seems odd doesnt it.

Im not sure if any other royals joined up for events or engagements, i will look that up.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
Queen Noor and Queen Sofia seems to be close friends
They are indeed very good friends! Once I read an interview in which Queen Noor said that Queen Sofia and her talk quite often on the phone.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Courtier

I am POSITIVE that King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are really close with Queen Beatrix. There were stories from a few years back where Juan Carlos grabbed Queen Beatrix's hand and everyone commented that they had no idea the two were so close. I've seen a TON of pictures of them together, and Queen Sofia and Queen Beatrix always seem to find each other at events and chat. They're the three musketeers! Haha :)
Old 07-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Mette-Marit and Haakon are good friends to Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands, Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Kyrtil(?) and Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria, Prince Constantin and Laurentien of the Netherlands, Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal of Greece, Prince Felipe and Letizia of Spain, Prince Fredrik and Mary of Denmark.. and more

Mariella/Minka
Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

If you take a look on this pics, you can see that Sonia of Norway and Juan Carlos of Spain is friends:

Sonia was last summer on a boat trip with Sofia, Letizia, Cristina and her kids in Spain.

Mariella
Old 07-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

From Royal Glittering:
This week's Se & Hør(Norwegian gossip magazine) informs us that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit left their children back home and went on a luxurious vacation onboard Italian fashion designer Valentino's yacht. The magazine has lots of pictures of a healthy and pregnant Mette-Marit in bikini. Onboard the yacht were also Prince Kyrill and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, who seems to be close friends to Haakon and Mette-Marit. As the relationship between Mette-Marit and Valentino seems to get even more close, I bet we'll see more beautiful outfits in the time to come!
--------------------------------------------------------------
So Kyrill and Rosario is good friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit

Mariella
Old 07-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I've read that Rania and Charles are good friends.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I've read that Rania and Charles are good friends.
Really????
Old 07-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Spanish Royal Family and the Bulgarian Family. Simeón of Bulgaria is married with a Spanish woman Margarita Gómez-Acebo (I believe that family of the husband of the Infanta Pilar), and they have lived through great part of their exile in Spain.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

LaMinka, it was in an article in Hello, she spoke about her disappointment at not being able to attend his wedding because she was still breastfeeding
Old 07-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
LaMinka, it was in an article in Hello, she spoke about her disappointment at not being able to attend his wedding because she was still breastfeeding
Okey, i was thinking Charles + Rania = Good friends?
Old 07-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Royal Highness

A pics of WA, Maxima, Constantin and Laurentien in Norway at the Norwgian royalfamilys summerhouse:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=171188
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMinka
Okey, i was thinking Charles + Rania = Good friends?
I also remember seeing a photo on the British Royal Family website of Camilla and Queen Rania talking at an Osteoporosis Conference. Camilla is president of the International Osteoporosis Society, and Rania is a patron, so maybe they've met at functions for that organization.