The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Maybe Queen Beatrix? She was greeting HM at the Jubilee Dinner with a very warm embrace.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Queen margarethe and Queen Beatrix
Queen Sofia and queen Sonja
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Sonja of Norway in particular are incredibly good friends. They've been skiing together in Norway for years now and there are so many pictures of them having a really good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
I wonder out of all the monarchs who are queen Elizabeth IIs friends ?
I have always thought that HM is closest to King Constantine II of Greece and the Greek branch, probably because of the DoE's greek ancestry. Also King Baudoin of Belgium, whose funeral she attended herself, maybe?

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Gentry

I remember seeing a lovely picture from the Olympics of Princess Anne hugging and laughing with Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie at an event. I'll see if I can find it. It really was a great photo.

Edit: Found it. Love it.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/london-gam...pg&h=412&w=732
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Maybe Queen Beatrix? She was greeting HM at the Jubilee Dinner with a very warm embrace.
I remember reading about that several times on this forum. The greeting between them was indeed very, very warm. I think they're indeed friends with one another.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PssKatie View Post
I remember seeing a lovely picture from the Olympics of Princess Anne hugging and laughing with Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne-Marie at an event. I'll see if I can find it. It really was a great photo.

Edit: Found it. Love it.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/london-gam...pg&h=412&w=732
Wow, I love it too!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Amazing picture I also love it!
Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks for posting that picture. its priceless.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Courtier

In my opinion the scandinavian royals are each other good friends
Old 04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The picture is from the Olympics where the daughters of Princess Anne and Princess Benedikte were competing. My guess is that this picture is from when Zara won her silver medal.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I also think Kate Middleton and Princess Mary appear to be friends. .
Not so sure about Mary and Kate being friends either... they have only met each other once probably, frederik and mary didn't even attend the royal wedding in london. on top of that, the ages between both couples are different, so i doubt they have very much in common..
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Not so sure about Mary and Kate being friends either... they have only met each other once probably, frederik and mary didn't even attend the royal wedding in london. on top of that, the ages between both couples are different, so i doubt they have very much in common..
I posted that in October last year (I was new to the forums at the time), and I have learnt lots since then. Now, I think that Mary and Catherine don't really know each other that well since they have only met once, and that they're probably not good friends.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Nobility

How about Maxima and Letizia? They both speak Spanish
Old 06-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Gentry

Personally i always thought that Beatrice and Harry where really close.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Cristina of Brazil (neé Princess of Ligne) and Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria (neé Princess of Luxembourg).

They are first cousins and very close to each other.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Gentry

Are CP Mette-Marit and CP Mary of Denmark close firiend? I've seen a photo where Mary hugged Mette-Marit warmly, so I think both of them are close
Old 06-28-2013, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
How about Maxima and Letizia? They both speak Spanish
I've been wondering about them too. I remember reading somewhere (it might've been on this forum) that Infanta Leonor and Infanta Sofia have met the Dutch Princesses. From that, I think Maxima and Letizia might be friends.

I also wonder if Queen Margrethe is friends with Elizabeth II as she appeared on the documentary "Our Queen". I would imagine that Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Victoria and Crown Prince Frederik are friends as I remember reading that their families are close.

I think Princess Beatrix and Elizabeth II are friends as well.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
QMII could not have stayed with QEII during WWII as the Danish royal family remained in Denmark throughout the war. I am sure the 2 ladies do know each other since QMII studied in England, met her husband in London, has a sister who lives in London and QMII is known to shop annually in London so she has had plenty of opportunities to meet privately with QEII,,,,,just not during the war.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the information, I've corrected my post.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Ahead of the Prince William's wedding Queen Margrethe II stayed at Buckingham Palace as a guest. That makes me think Queen Margreth and Queen Elizabeth have a good informal relationship.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

In regards to QMII and QEII, I too think they're friends (or at least have a nice relationship to each other), but the one I really can imagine QMII having the time of her life with is Prince Philip. I think the two of them have the same sort of humour and on the pictures I have seen of them together, they always look like they're happy to see each other. I particularly love this picture.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.