Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Majesty

Does anyone know how these royals met?

Queen Mother and George VI

Prince Floris and Princess Aimee

Old 01-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Royal Highness

During the wedding festivities of her brother Frederick Francis to Princess Alexandra of Hanover in Schwerin in June 1904, Cecilie of Mecklenburg-Schwerin got to know her future husband, German Crown Prince Wilhelm.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Courtier

Some of the Younger royals.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel met at the gym he owned. He was her personal trainer.

Prince Carl Philip and Sofia met while he was dining with a friend and she walked by with her friends at Båstad. Their friends knew each other.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met at University. They read the same classes and lived in the same hall. Plus some of her friends knew some of hers.

Earl and Countess of Wessex met when his tennis partner couldn't come so she got paired up with him instead.

So many cute stories :)
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Some of the Younger royals.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel met at the gym he owned. He was her personal trainer.

Prince Carl Philip and Sofia met while he was dining with a friend and she walked by with her friends at Båstad. Their friends knew each other.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met at University. They read the same classes and lived in the same hall. Plus some of her friends knew some of hers.

Earl and Countess of Wessex met when his tennis partner couldn't come so she got paired up with him instead.

So many cute stories :)
Earl and Countess of Wessex met at a real tennis PR event which Sophie worked for. Sue Barker the original person who was going to pose with Edward couldn't turn up so Sophie was chosen to do it as she was pretty and blonde. Edward took an immediate liking to her and shortly after contacted her to thank her for all the work she had done and asked her out ro dinner. He obviously had an ulterior motive! It's a nice way to meet each other and on their wedding cake they had tennis rackets at the top as a nod to how they met.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Earl and Countess of Wessex met at a real tennis PR event which Sophie worked for. Sue Barker the original person who was going to pose with Edward couldn't turn up so Sophie was chosen to do it as she was pretty and blonde. Edward took an immediate liking to her and shortly after contacted her to thank her for all the work she had done and asked her out ro dinner. He obviously had an ulterior motive! It's a nice way to meet each other and on their wedding cake they had tennis rackets at the top as a nod to how they met.
How cute! :) I only knew a vague version of it! :P
Old 01-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
How cute! :) I only knew a vague version of it! :P
It is cute and complete stroke of luck because if Sue had been there that day then Sophie would never have had her photo taken with Edward

It's always nice to see how everyone meets.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
It is cute and complete stroke of luck because if Sue had been there that day then Sophie would never have had her photo taken with Edward

It's always nice to see how everyone meets.
Yeah, I love those chance storys. I know of an old couple (sorry for going OT but it's so cute) that met at night. She was hanging with some friends and started leaning at a door. The door swung open and she fell into a porcelain store. The door was unlocked even though it was night and an alarm went of when she fell in. He was the night watchman and that is how they met :P

Is there any more very chancy royal meetings out there? :)