What Should Royals Look For In A Relationship?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AsianRedneck

Commoner
City
Arkadelphia
Country
United States
I was just wanting to know what others might think that's important in a Royal relationship. Also, even thought this is way off the subject, what is the religion for the British Royal Family?
Thanks,
AsianRedneck

Also, I'm kinda new to TRF and was wondering, how do you get more "blocks?" Is it by how long you've been with TRM, or how many threads and posts you start? How? Thanks again.

Probably discretion. I know lots of people unfavorably compare Camilla to Diana, because she lacks all the great Princess qualities that Diana had. But if there was one qualtiy Camilla has excelled in, it's her discretion, and I would have to admire her for that.

And the British Royal family belongs to the Church of England (aka the Anglican Church). The American version of the Anglican Church is the Episcopal Church (I'm pretty sure about that, but please correct me if I happen to be wrong).

EmpressRouge said:
And the British Royal family belongs to the Church of England (aka the Anglican Church). The American version of the Anglican Church is the Episcopal Church (I'm pretty sure about that, but please correct me if I happen to be wrong).

Congratulations on your 200th post. There is no "Anglican church" per se. It´s a communion, a grouping of churches. The national one in the United States is called the Episcopal church of the United States of America There is also the Episcopal church of Jerusalem and the Middle East, Cuba, the Philippine Episcopal Church and one for the Sudan. The Church of England is not called the Anglican Church(in contrast to the Anglican church of Canada, Australia and so on) officially but it is the senior and most powerful member of the Anglican communion.

Thank-you for helping me. Also, thank you for answering my questions. I have another question....it's more political than royal. The Parliament, can you be an English citizen, but wasn't born English? Also, how does the Parliament work? Are those in the Parliament, royal?

If I were royal, I would look for someone self-confident enough to stand up to me if I was wrong. Royals must feel funny as they are treated with deference by so many people, just because they were born into the "right" family. So it might be very refreshing being treated like a "normal" person for a change. I'd look for someone I could trust to be honest to me.

AsianRedneck said:
The Parliament, can you be an English citizen, but wasn't born English? Also, how does the Parliament work? Are those in the Parliament, royal?

If you have English-born parents (or parent in some cases), you are elligable to apply for Britich citizenship. However, one of the many hurdles is if you're currently a citizen of a country that either a). won't allow you to remain a citizen of that country is you also become a citizen of another country, or b). that the Home Office (in Britain), refuses to allow duel citizenship with.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the second question, but here's the answer to what I think you mean:

Parliament is made up of two houses (Commons and Lords), both of which are divided into Government (or government-coalaition), and Opposition (or opposition coalaition).

No member of the House of Commons is a member of the Royal Family. The nature of the lower house is such that it is a representative body of the "Common" people, in a form of "representational democracy".

The House of Lords (or "upper house"), however is a house of review, made up from Britain's peers and peeresses (those holding titles above the rank of baronet, eg: Barons/Baronesses, Viscounts/Viscountesses, Earls/Countesses, Marquesses/Marchionesses and Dukes/Duchesses).

There are three types of peers.
Peers who are also members of the Royal family: eg, HRH The Duke of York
Heireditary Peers: Those with titles as in the above paragraph, who pass them on to their heir: eg, His Grace The Duke of Northumberland,
and
Life Peers, who have been granted a peerage for their lifetime, but not the right to pass any titles onto their children/heirs: eg, Lord Lloyd-Webber

According an act of Parliament passed last year, the rules as to the rights of Peers and peeresses changed. I presume someone from home (The United Kingdom), will be able to give you details about the act, but from what I know, it withdraws most of the heireditary peers' rights to sit in the House of Lords, meaning that the house is made up mainly of the Life peers.

Is it true that the Royal Family are just a symbol now and that the PM has most of the power? And why if it is true? I'm sorry for asking all these questions, I'm just interested and new to these things. Sorta....
Thanks,
AsianRedneck

EmpressRouge said:
Probably discretion. I know lots of people unfavorably compare Camilla to Diana, because she lacks all the great Princess qualities that Diana had. But if there was one qualtiy Camilla has excelled in, it's her discretion, and I would have to admire her for that.
Discretion certainly seems to be one vital factor. Most of these people have public lives, and the little scrap of privacy they do have they seem to want to be private.

I think that if you have the same qualities as many of the royals in the world you will fit in fine... you need to really understand what the family you wish to date into's backgound and values. You want to be able to blend in with the family. It should NEVER be about the money or the fame. Royalty stands for alot more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom