The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was a wedding: a celebration of love and happiness. I see no reason not to have well-behaved children at afternoon weddings. I'm sure Estelle wouldn't have been there if she had a reputation for tantrums, and that there were plans in place to whisk her away if she misbehaved. I thought she was delightful, and the interactions between Daniel and Victoria and their daughter was a highlight for me, and I don't think her presence in any way took anything away from Madeleine and Chris's occasion. And I think it's nice that Daniel and Victoria show affection for each other so openly.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, isn´t it just amazing how everybody seems to become crazy about their favourite royals and the not so favourite?
I´ve always thought is kind of funny. I mean, the things we critize about our "not favourite" could be perfectly used as well against our favs...
In this case, V&D displaying their love and showing little Estelle for PR reasons... aren´t we awake that the same could be applied for our idols if we want to? They´re royals, for god shake, they have to show a good image and all them do things just for PR reasons, it´s just a matter of research.
But of course, we see in other royals what we would never see in our favourites...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Nobility

I have no problem with Estelle being at the wedding. I do think the media coverage has focused on Estelle too much instead of the bride and groom but that is the fault of the media and not the Royal Family.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Wow, isn´t it just amazing how everybody seems to become crazy about their favourite royals and the not so favourite?
I´ve always thought is kind of funny. I mean, the things we critize about our "not favourite" could be perfectly used as well against our favs...
In this case, V&D displaying their love and showing little Estelle for PR reasons... aren´t we awake that the same could be applied for our idols if we want to? They´re royals, for god shake, they have to show a good image and all them do things just for PR reasons, it´s just a matter of research.
But of course, we see in other royals what we would never see in our favourites...
Well, if they had never shown eachother love and affection in public before, I would agree with you. But that's not the case.

And if it was unusual to bring kids to the wedding ceremony in church here in Sweden, I would perhaps agree about that as well. But that's not the case either.

Is it good PR to have a royal couple who is very much in love (and shows it) after so many years? Sure it is. Is it good PR to have a cute little princess in the royal family? Sure it is. But should they hide their love and their daughter just because it is good PR? Of course not.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Is it good PR to have a royal couple who is very much in love (and shows it) after so many years? Sure it is. Is it good PR to have a cute little princess in the royal family? Sure it is. But should they hide their love and their daughter just because it is good PR? Of course not.
Heck, if you've got it, flaunt it!

I'd be the first to complain if it appeared at all false, and only put on for show, but the genuine love between Daniel and Victoria is luminous.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

What's so wrong with Victoria and Daniel showing affection toward one another? It's not their fault the photographers caught those moments with each other. I imagine this was a reminder of their own wedding day (which wasn't that long ago), and they still enjoy those emotions they experienced that day. If the media had only focused on the Bride and Groom no one would have seen them. Fuss at the media, not Victoria and Daniel.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
I have no problem with Estelle being at the wedding. I do think the media coverage has focused on Estelle too much instead of the bride and groom but that is the fault of the media and not the Royal Family.
I completely agree with you. Inside the church, the tv producer/director had total control over what we all saw, not the SRF.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:00 PM
Majesty

I think the sweet moments between Victoria, Daniel, and their daughter were rather delightful. To me, they didn't take anything away from Christopher and Madeleine, but made the whole event more personable. Weddings are celebrations meant for the whole family, and that includes children, be they young or not. Also, I'd imagine that Estelle's family know what she can and cannot handle, so they were able to judge whether or not she would be able to sit through the ceremony. She strikes me as a very happy, and well-behaved toddler, who is able to handle something like this with little to no fuss. I'm glad they had her there. Being a young child is not a reason to miss a monumental family occasion.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Royal Highness

Some of Mary and Frederik. I saw they also held each others hands several times in the church, someone who has pictures of this?

Frederik looking, as always, admiring at his beautiful wife
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...ORTAAOA&w=true

http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...OSPATET&w=true
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...OSPAPCH&w=true
Old 06-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Annie,to be frank none of them is my favourite.I am analysing the situation with no partie-pris.My analysis is not biased.What I see is that generally people are very harsh in their criticism of Madeleine and all praise for Victoria.Victoria used to be one of my favourite but over the last months I am a bit puzzled by a few details.Like someone else it could really be for PR reasons.Don't forget that the popularity of monarchy is falling in Sweden over the years.The king and queen and Madeleine aren't popular.Victoria is.I have the feeling that Estelle is used as a faire valoir.
A beautiful baby like Estelle is likely to improve the popularity of monarchy.
From experience,I am always sceptical for those showing to much tenderness in public especially when there a cameras around
Old 06-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
From experience,I am always sceptical for those showing to much tenderness in public especially when there a cameras around
And that what I was trying to say. Doesn´t that makes you sceptical towards every royal couple?
We have this same thread plenty of photos of CP couples looking/ touching/kissing one to another (of course with cameras around, that how we get the photos) that could induce to a sugar overdose.
And instead of saying they are "show-prince/princesses", the same people who are criticising V&D say "how sweet" and "how in love" they are.
I´m very sceptical about that too.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-09-2013, 08:13 AM
Courtier

Victoria kissing Daniel on the boat where her newly wed was with Christopher and Knowing there were cameras plenty cameras around is beyond me.
She perfectly knew that those pics will be everywhere.
And yes I am scpetical about some couples too much display of tenderness.
No need to touch or kiss all along your lover in public to show your love especially when there are cameras.
I am much more impressed by tender glances.Look at Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philipp.There is no doubt there is lot of love between them.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Victoria kissing Daniel on the boat where her newly wed was with Christopher and Knowing there were cameras plenty cameras around is beyond me.
No need to touch or kiss all along your lover in public to show your love especially when there are cameras.
I am much more impressed by tender glances.Look at Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philipp.There is no doubt there is lot of love between them.
These people get their pics taken at all times. I imagine that they have just decided as a defense mechanism/normal life strategy to just live their lives and not care where the cameras are. They weren't naked, and it wasn't gross. It was just a kiss.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The boat was many times quite far away from the shore. Perhaps there were photographers at a boat, but the royals hardly had time to follow where they were, because their boat was turning and moving ahead. It looks like there wasn't anyone else at that time, so they shared a tender moment, probably remembering their own wedding and a differend kind of boat trip with Vasaorden.
One more moment at the boat, Victoria and Daniel
http://s20.postimg.org/lrppt3131/Dan7.jpg

Nice one about Daniel and Carl Philip looking at the happy couple
http://s20.postimg.org/4rbey5dfh/Dan10.jpg
Old 06-09-2013, 05:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I totally agree with you Ricarda.A girl of Estelle's age has nothing to do in a church wedding.As I have said in another thread a small child distracts the attention from the couple and the ceremony.
I would never have thought to say that of Victoria but she seems to be an attention seeker.Why kissing and showing all that affection on the boat where her newly wed sister was.
Bless my soul!!! Between Soraya and Ricarda there are some serious nasty bits!! Victoria a attention seeker??? Showing off affection and kissing on the boat??? Estelle not suppose to be present at a church wedding???? What the heck are you on about??? Can I tell you about the affection between Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel? I am very sure that today's wedding took them on a trip trough memery lane to their own wedding a few years back, and lets face it, love is in the air!! They are real people with real feelings and did not go overboard!!! Estelle's precense in church was for me very special and I am sure it carried the blessing of the bride and groom. You do not know these people personally so I am really put of by your comments about them!!! Another thing, baby's definitely doesn't belong at a reception after a wedding (espesially a night reception). They will get tired and that is what nanny's are for!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Estelle's presence in the church didn't bother anyone, she is not only cute child, but at the same time very calm.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Some of Mary and Frederik. I saw they also held each others hands several times in the church, someone who has pictures of this?

Frederik looking, as always, admiring at his beautiful wife
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...ORTAAOA&w=true

http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...OSPATET&w=true
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...OSPAPCH&w=true
I cant open these
Old 06-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Estelle's presence in the church didn't bother anyone, she is not only cute child, but at the same time very calm.
I can bet that in the future, the picture of Victoria giving the reading with Daniel and Estelle by her side will be one of the most unplanned popular photo from the wedding. Estelle may look at it as she grows older and be told that she was a very important part of Aunt Madeleine and Uncle Chris' wedding.

Sometimes the least expected and spontaneous things are the most treasured.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I can bet that in the future, the picture of Victoria giving the reading with Daniel and Estelle by her side will be one of the most unplanned popular photo from the wedding. Estelle may look at it as she grows older and be told that she was a very important part of Aunt Madeleine and Uncle Chris' wedding.

Even if Estelle has no memory of the event, as I suspect she won't, she will be able to see the video and photographs and will know she was an important part of the occasion, and will therefore feel a part of it.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

This was my favorite part of the ceremony. Very candid, and sincere. I was glad that when Estelle started fussing, Daniel took her closer to Victoria, instead of outside in the hallway. Estelle did a great job during the entire thing, making little to no noise, and staying in the area that was designated for her. I've seen plenty of children her age run around the entire sanctuary of the church, and make a good amount of noise, so Estelle gets a gold star from me for being a model little princess during her Aunt and Uncle's wedding.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.