Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for these, it seems that there were lots of warm moments between the Norwegian Royals at National Day this year, which is lovely to see.

Great photos. It would appear that these two enjoy a nice relationship.

Generally I think that all of the Wessex family enjoy a good relationship with each other, that's one of the reasons why I like them. I enjoyed the photos of them at the Windsor Horse Show this year. :)

Last edited:
Lovely picture of Alexandra, the Countess of Frederiksborg, and Princess Marie smiling at each other at Prince Nikolai's confirmation yesterday (and a bonus cute moment between Martin Jørgensen and Nikolai).

And how kind of them to kiss in the outside where the photographers could catch it. Where is Estelle by the way? It was so important to have her with them in the church but not in Drottningholm?

And how kind of them to kiss in the outside where the photographers could catch it. Where is Estelle by the way? It was so important to have her with them in the church but not in Drottningholm?

Estelle was probably at home (Haga slott) with her paternal grandparenst, who reportedly are babysittning this weekend. I think it's perfectly natural to bring her to the ceremony in the church, and then let her go home.

Can anyone help but love these two? They are so in love, after so many years together. And they sure love their daughter as well. Maybe I'm partial, but I think that they are the most lovely royal couple out there :flowers:
Love the second picture with Daniel looking at the camera. Adore the little sly look on his face, a little mischievous.

Estelle was probably at home (Haga slott) with her paternal grandparenst, who reportedly are babysittning this weekend. I think it's perfectly natural to bring her to the ceremony in the church, and then let her go home.
Yes, perfectly natural for Show Princess Victoria. No TV in Drottningholm, no need to take the child along.
For me it's perfectly natural that children attend the party afterwards, but not the church ceremony as it is hard for them to sit still and be quiet.

Yes, perfectly natural for Show Princess Victoria. No TV in Drottningholm, no need to take the child along.
For me it's perfectly natural that children attend the party afterwards, but not the church ceremony.

Eh... do you seriously think that the affection that Victoria and Daniel keep displaying towards eachother (and Estelle) is just a show?

In Sweden it's very common that children are allowed to witness the ceremony in the church, but are then left at home with a babysitter when the big party starts. Most weddings I've been to over here have been child free parties. So it's totally in line with the tradition over here.

I totally agree with you Ricarda.A girl of Estelle's age has nothing to do in a church wedding.As I have said in another thread a small child distracts the attention from the couple and the ceremony.
I would never have thought to say that of Victoria but she seems to be an attention seeker.Why kissing and showing all that affection on the boat where her newly wed sister was.

On the contrary. Children should be at church. "Let the children come to me", you know? In Sweden, people almost always bring kids to the ceremony in the church. Nothing strange about that.

Xenobia
Eh... do you seriously think that the affection that Victoria and Daniel keep displaying towards eachother (and Estelle) is just a Show?
I don't think that their love for each other and their child is just a show.
But I think it is also a show for PR reasons. And that Estelle is much more exposed to the media at a very early age than the children in other royal houses have been. Even on German TV which is very pro-SRF (thanks to Queen Silvia) they were making jokes about it.

Last edited:
But that wasn't a sunday service,it was Madeleine and Christopher's special day.They should be the stars of the day and no one else:flowers:

But that wasn't a sunday service,it was Madeleine and Christopher's special day.They should be the stars of the day and no one else:flowers:

Ah, I think I need to try to explain something here. In Sweden, the chuch ceremony is actuallty a church service. It's technically just a version of the sunday service.

The church ceremony is called "vigselgudstjänst" here. Vigsel = the legal part of the wedding. Gudstjänst = church service.

If the church ceremony isn't a service in your country, that might partially explain why people don't bring kids.

I totally agree with you Ricarda.A girl of Estelle's age has nothing to do in a church wedding.As I have said in another thread a small child distracts the attention from the couple and the ceremony.
I would never have thought to say that of Victoria but she seems to be an attention seeker.Why kissing and showing all that affection on the boat where her newly wed sister was.
I must say this day has changed my perception of Chris, Madeleine and Victoria. The bridal couple was much more appealing than I thought they were. And Victoria less appealing (though I have that feeling for a longer time now). She had to play "the couple sooo much in love, with their cute little daughter" on her sister's wedding day. And there are people complaining about Sofia loving the media attention too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom