Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a touching little story in the Kenneth Rose bio of George V recently. It was on one of the two or three state visits after WWI to Belgium, the King and Queen Mary were lodged in separate rooms in different parts of the palace of Laeken, much to both their distresses. And during the night Queen Mary heard her door open, turned on the light and saw "his [the King's] dear, sad little face" peering round the screen, having found his way to her in the pitch dark.

I read a touching little story in the Kenneth Rose bio of George V recently. It was on one of the two or three state visits after WWI to Belgium, the King and Queen Mary were lodged in separate rooms in different parts of the palace of Laeken, much to both their distresses. And during the night Queen Mary heard her door open, turned on the light and saw "his [the King's] dear, sad little face" peering round the screen, having found his way to her in the pitch dark.

Oh it's really touching and cute. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, that is so sweet. I think that I'm going to have to put this bio on my must-read list.

And during the night Queen Mary heard her door open, turned on the light and saw "his [the King's] dear, sad little face" peering round the screen, having found his way to her in the pitch dark.

While waiting for the photos of royals on holiday, a memory from last summer: Queen Sofia, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia
DiarioFemenino

LadyFinn said:
While waiting for the photos of royals on holiday, a memory from last summer: Queen Sofia, Letizia, Leonor and Sofia
DiarioFemenino

That's a beautiful picture LadyFinn! Thank you for sharing!

If you click on the link below and then watch the video, about 1:13 in there is a really sweet look between The Queen and Prince Philip:

COMMONWEALTH:

The photos in national dress are charming - as ever...

CP Cyrus Reza and Princess Yasmine before their wedding:

H.I.M. Empress Farah Pahlavi's Photos - Family Pictures II

CP Cyrus Reza and Princess Yasmine on their wedding day, together with the former Empress of Iran, Farah Pahlavi:

CP Cyrus Reza and Princess Yasmine on their wedding day:

When Little Princess Noor was born:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89182&d=1107633434

With her second daughter, Princess Iman:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28564&d=1074511224

When Little Princess Farah was born:

Family Pictures II

CP Cyrus Reza and Princess Yasmine before their wedding:

CP Cyrus Reza and Princess Yasmine on their wedding day, together with the former Empress of Iran, Farah Pahlavi:

CP Cyrus Reza and Princess Yasmine on their wedding day:

When Little Princess Noor was born:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89182&d=1107633434

With her second daughter, Princess Iman:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28564&d=1074511224

When Little Princess Farah was born:

Family Pictures II
that nice :flowers:

A Family Portrait of CP Cyrus Reza with his wife Princess Yasmine and Three Daughters, Princess Noor, Iman and Farah:

Family Pictures II

Princess Yasmine and her Three Daughters:

Family Pictures II

The "Proud" Grandmother with Princess Noor and Princess Iman:

Family Pictures II

Princess Yasmine with her mother-in-law, the former Empress Farah Pahlavi, and daughters, Noor and Iman:

Family Pictures II

A very rare picture of the late Princess Leila Pahlavi (1970 - 2001) with her two nieces, Princess Noor and Iman. How sweet! Brings back the good ol' memories! :wub: :

Family Pictures II

Last edited:
A very cute and adorable Princess Noor with grandmother during her 1st birthday:

A grown-up Princess Noor with grandmother. How sweet! :wub: :

The "proud" big sister! Princess Noor Pahlavi and Princess Farah having fun together:

Princess Noor and Princess Iman w/ their grandmother:

Whilst I enjoy all the pictures, my very favourites are always those that involve grandparents and parents with their children. Love between adults is lovely but sometimes it fades away, but this bond that unites parents and grandparents with their broods is much, much stronger.

I agree with you. The recent graduation of Princess Iman Pahlavi is a great joy to the whole Imperial Family of Iran, especially to the former Empress Farah Pahlavi, who grieved bitterly after the recent death of her youngest son, Prince Ali Reza Pahlavi on January 2011.

BTW their wedding cake has a striking resemblance to the wedding cake of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania on their wedding day on June 10, 1993. This reminds me of the King and Queen of Jordan during the early days! How very sweet memories they are! :wub:

BTW their wedding cake has a striking resemblance to the wedding cake of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania on their wedding day on June 10, 1993.

Prince Hassan & Princess Sarvath weding cake was like this too :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom