The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
If you watch the video of the guests arriving before the speeches there is some great footage of WA and Victoria joking around its quite funny

Old 04-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Victorais has always been very warm and has a good relation with many of the royals.

I did not like Marys kiss to Fred after his speech, I found it quite unnecessary, especially the fact that she had to get up and walk over. Personally it was a show moment for her

Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 AM
Courtier

I love that Mary kissed Frederik at the end of his speech , I have seen a translation and it is a great speech.I like the warmth shown and how proud she was of him.
I also think that the majority of the people at the dinner would not have even known she did it, so I am sure it was not a show moment for her.
Some people will see the downside to everthing especially when certain people are involved.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Victorais has always been very warm and has a good relation with many of the royals.

I did not like Marys kiss to Fred after his speech, I found it quite unnecessary, especially the fact that she had to get up and walk over. Personally it was a show moment for her
Sad that you should see it in this way.
For the first time ever, Frederik was praised both for the contents of his speech and his deliverance of it. I think that Mary knew that he wanted to succeed; obviously they are aware that he his critised a lot for his speaking abilities. The kiss IMO was a caring and loving gesture to say that he did well.

The negative reactions are puzzling. Mary is always correct at royal events and the couple does not turn up at official events holding hands or exhibit overly intimate body language in public. Strange that it should be so hard to allow them an affectionate moment during the private part of the celebrations.

Wonder if the same negative reaction would have been there if others, e.g. Victoria or Maxima had done the same thing
Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree. I always thought that Mary is very professional and appears to be rather a bit aloof in the meantime (not as a criticism meant). So, for that I loved that gesture. And I don't think it was a show moment. It was a lovely gesture from a woman who was proud of her husband and he indeed acted a bit shy as it seems to be part of his nature.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mette Marit and Constantine
Profimedia
Victoria, Daniel and Mette Marit seem to have fun together:
BilledBladet
Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The picture of MM, Victoria and Daniel is just great!

Mette and Sonja
http://i42.tinypic.com/28cq7t4.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2zi3pq9.jpg
anp, apa

Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Courtier

It looks like they didn't see each other before arriving at the dinner and are examing how pretty the other looks. I love the view of their hair and tiaras in the second one - beautiful!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

When was the last time MM and Q.Sonja saw each other? A year ago?! That was funny. Every single photo from the celebrations in Copenhagen was amazing IMO. I can't wait for the next royal get-together event - Victoria's wedding that is!!!!!! (counting the days....61... tomorrow 60... ).
Old 04-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Completely disagree. It was a touching moment. A wife showing her husband she was proud of him and how he honored his mother during her 70th birthday celebration.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

Exclamation ---------

Quote:
I must agree with you. It was unnecessary. Personally if someone did that to me after I delivered a big speech I would have been soooooo embarrassed. And the face Frederik made afterwords did not help either is was a "I don't know who she is" kind of face. I don't if you caught when Mary was walking up to Frederik's table she looked at one of the ladies in a very spit-full way... Wow. At least that is how I interpreted. My opinion.

*I wonder what Maxima thought of that?*
Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel Westling and Queen Silvia in Denmark:
Isifa
Does anyone have a bigger version of this photo?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Another photo from Billed Bladet online of CP Frederik and CP Mary after Frederik's birthday speech to his mother. Given the broad smile on his face, he was very well pleased with CP Mary's reaction!! The photo is at the bottom of the article entitled "Annemette Krakau: Frederiks tale str tilbage"

Billed-Bladet - Annemette Krakau: Frederiks tale står tilbage
Old 04-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals-royce View Post
I must agree with you. It was unnecessary. Personally if someone did that to me after I delivered a big speech I would have been soooooo embarrassed. And the face Frederik made afterwords did not help either is was a "I don't know who she is" kind of face. I don't if you caught when Mary was walking up to Frederik's table she looked at one of the ladies in a very spit-full way... Wow. At least that is how I interpreted. My opinion.

*I wonder what Maxima thought of that?*
I wouldn't like it if someone I didn't know did that to me. But beings as it was his wife who gave him the kiss.... he seems a little embarrased, but appears to have enjoyed it!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Commoner

Having read Frederik's speech, I do now understand Mary's reaction.
It was really warm and lovely reaction from wife to her husband that shows she is really proud of him and does love him..
They are very lovely couple!!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

** I'm sure Maxima thought nothing of it. It was just another wife showing some affection to her husband.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why should Maxima have thought anything about that kiss?

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia and Infanta Cristina at the tribute to Juan Antonio Samaranch:
Getty Images
Old 04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Daniel Westling and Queen Silvia in Denmark:
Isifa
Does anyone have a bigger version of this photo?
you can find it here, post 590, first link

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1072407
Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Old photos, Victoria and Daniel Westling, February 2007
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
And Felipe and Letizia today:
PurePeople