The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Felipe and Letizia do not "work together" any more than Frederik and Mary or Haakon and Mette-Marit or Willem-Alexander and Maxima in my opinion.

I think they ALL work hard and do good for their respective countries.
I never commented on whether other CP couples worked hard or not, but Felipe and Letizia obviously had a lot more joint events than the other CP couples maybe except for Charles and Camilla. That's a fact, not just an opinion (you are welcome to check each couple's agenda the last few years).

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Why do people on these forums seem so darn OBSESSED with and touchy about Felipe and Letizia?? Good grief. I simply agreed with the poster who offered the opinion that they need to tone it down in public with their billing and cooing....I didn't say that they were disgusting or anything!

Many of the CP Couples simply hold hands, Frederik and Mary, Philippe and Mathilde, Haakon and Mette-Meret....however they always show affection in a way that is in keeping with their status as a Royal Couples. They are not always kissing one another's hands, gazing into one another's eyes , etc. They are happily married and somehow convey this in a dignified way, something Felipe and Letizia don't always...in my opinion.

I wish people could criticize this couple or offer an opinion without getting jumped on because frankly it is becoming a bit annoying.

They are lovely, okay folks?? I just don't find them all professional at times, that is all.
I have the exact same opinion you do so I prefer to just read and move on. The same gestures would be heavily criticised if Frederick & Mary were involved but Felipe and Letizia can do no wrong. I have found that there is a hostile response every time anyone dares discuss these two in a negative way.
I remember these lovely dovey looks and touches during the 2004 Olympics. I was there. They were not that heart warming. Believe me.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I never commented on whether other CP couples worked hard or not, but Felipe and Letizia obviously had a lot more joint events than the other CP couples maybe except for Charles and Camilla. That's a fact, not just an opinion (you are welcome to check each couple's agenda the last few years).
I believe the only difference between them and other CP couples is that Letizia does not have any solo assignments. She is always next to Felipe this is why it seems like they work together all the time. Because they do.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I believe the only difference between them and other CP couples is that Letizia does not have any solo assignments. She is always next to Felipe this is why it seems like they work together all the time. Because they do.
Yes what we had been discussing here was working together.
Letizia started to have more and more solo assignments the last 6 months. They do have more joint events, actually more pulbic events in general than most of the other CP couples except for maybe Charles and Camilla. She didn't just appear next to him, they work together from preparation, speeches and analysis of the events afterwards, that had been said in the media (ex. el Pais, el Mundo, Hola and etc) all the time, Felipe also acknowledged it in public in one of the videos under their thread.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Nobility

Letizia does have solo acts, it's true that her agenda it's newer than the one of her peers, but now she has solo acts almost every week
Old 06-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosana View Post
We must not be looking at the same pictures -- I think F&L together fall far short of "exhibitionism" -- please direct me to a photo in which they should "pipe it down a bit".

It warms my heart to see all the young princely couples show affection towards each other, Frederick and Mary, Maxima and Willhem, Haakon () and Mette-Marit have all been photographed in offical and unofficial duties with similar shows of affection. Oh, to be young and in love....or even old and in love ala Paola and Albert!!!
How I agree with you 100%. F&L show no exhibitionism, in my opinion. I certainly want my husband to show affection towards me at all times -- it is called love -- even while just plain shopping. Plus, it is their generation to publically show tender feeling. I can not believe that people are jealous of this slight passionate affection in public. I would find it odd if not shown at all times.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lis View Post
Letizia does have solo acts, it's true that her agenda it's newer than the one of her peers, but now she has solo acts almost every week
I am looking forward to seeing her in public appearances on her own. She needs to create an image of an independent CP who can take on some causes and show her worth. Hanging on Felipe's arm and holding his hand all the time makes look needy.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I don't see them holding hands at every State occasion. I think they are the most dignified of all the Crown Princely couples in that respect. In any case, I wasn't referring to just holding hands, which all the young couples seem to do. It just seems that Felipe and Leticia always have to be gazing, touching, whispering, etc. I remember a few months after their wedding they seemed to make quite a show at the Olympic Games up in the stands right next to Juan Carlos. It's sweet and romantic at first, but after a while it seems to be a sort of showing off behavior.
I guess everyone looks at things from their own life. My husband, of many years, even had his arm around my shoulder or held my hand in church, which I guess many would think strange. I was just used to having him touch me in public in a affectionate way so I enjoy seeing others do the same on all occasions.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia has had about 15 solo engagements this year, I think. She is doing them more and more. Still, it´s nice to see them together, they connect so well and are so lovely to watch.
At the ABC awards gala on Thursday:
ABC
Getty Images
Old 06-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Courtier

exhibisionisim!!!, for God Sake, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have NEVER kissed (in the mouth) in a public event, they have never been shoted caring and touching and kissin either, but Princes of Orange and Prince Frederik and Mary did, Princess of Asturias just hold hands and that is what you call exhibisionisim, come on, this is just out of proporcion.

I think they are very in love, and they don't care about what people thinks and that is very nice.

About Princess solo acts, I don't know why people doesn't count her engaggement with prince Felipe, it means that she is nothing when prince felipe goes to a event with her, her presence is not important????

She has made more activities than any other Princess, with or without Felipe.
She is the most hard working Princess, just count the events that she has made this year and compare them with the other Princesses, then you would realise about that.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
you're welcome Vanesa!

Bumping up this thread:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...4-154658-6.jpg

(scanpix.dk)

this is such a beautiful picture.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia has had about 15 solo engagements this year, I think. She is doing them more and more. Still, it´s nice to see them together, they connect so well and are so lovely to watch.
At the ABC awards gala on Thursday:
ABC
Getty Images
Lovely photos. Do you have any of Letizia's solo appearances? What are the causes she adopted?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Lovely photos. Do you have any of Letizia's solo appearances? What are the causes she adopted?
Odette, you should go to Spanish Royal Family board, there you can find out about Letizia´s solo engagements.
Here´s the last thread of Letizia´s solo events:
Princess Letizia Current Events-Part 15
Old 06-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you LadyFinn.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Courtier

This is just too cute for words.

http://i28.tinypic.com/w0qgxf.jpg
Old 06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
this is such a beautiful picture.

Thank you, I love this couple, they are one of my favorites.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I have the exact same opinion you do so I prefer to just read and move on. The same gestures would be heavily criticised if Frederick & Mary were involved but Felipe and Letizia can do no wrong. I have found that there is a hostile response every time anyone dares discuss these two in a negative way.
I remember these lovely dovey looks and touches during the 2004 Olympics. I was there. They were not that heart warming. Believe me.

They remind me of any celeb couple on the cover of "People" or "Hola"..and that is what turns me off I suppose. Those types of couples are a dime a dozen, and I like Royal couples who behave LIKE ROYALTY, with glamour and class.

I started off disliking Fred and Mary but with time I have changed my mind...Mary(along with Mathilde of Belgium) has become the perfect Princess Consort in my opinion...she is regal and dignified yet natural and elegant and warm. Both are devoted to their husbands and children and seem conscious of their roles as future Queen.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango View Post
exhibisionisim!!!, for God Sake, Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia have NEVER kissed (in the mouth) in a public event, they have never been shoted caring and touching and kissin either, but Princes of Orange and Prince Frederik and Mary did, Princess of Asturias just hold hands and that is what you call exhibisionisim, come on, this is just out of proporcion.

I think they are very in love, and they don't care about what people thinks and that is very nice.

About Princess solo acts, I don't know why people doesn't count her engaggement with prince Felipe, it means that she is nothing when prince felipe goes to a event with her, her presence is not important????

She has made more activities than any other Princess, with or without Felipe.
She is the most hard working Princess, just count the events that she has made this year and compare them with the other Princesses, then you would realise about that.
Couldn't agree with you more, I can just imagine the uproar if they had kissed or done a magazine spread like Fred & Mary did last year (or earlier this year, I don't remember exactly)!

.....and as a team they are the busiest and most hard working CP couple bar none imo.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

For the life of me, I just can't understand the actual hatred of Felipe and Letizia. I have seen exactly the same types of photos of all the young CPs and only F & L are criticized with such violent emotion -- almost like they are personally known to the writer. That I could understand, if Letizia took the handsome prince away from the jealous want-to-be -- but heavens that certainly isn't the case! Of all the PCs, I too feel that Felipe and Letizia are the least exhibitionist in their actions. In fact, at times, a bit too laid back -- but that is the Spanish Royals' way. I have never seen them kiss on the mouth as the others do, but I don't find fault with that -- it is their way.

Poor Mary and Fred are also critized (1) that they just KNOW that Fred doesn't love Mary (2) now they are too together all the time. They just can't win either.

I have a feeling that both couples know what is said about them and do exactly what silly jealous people don't like, just to have something to laugh about together. Maybe that is what all the whispering they do in public is about as they smile!!! Wouldn't I just LOVE it if that were true.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
Couldn't agree with you more, I can just imagine the uproar if they had kissed or done a magazine spread like Fred & Mary did last year (or earlier this year, I don't remember exactly)!

.....and as a team they are the busiest and most hard working CP couple bar none imo.
I certainly agree with you -- very well stated.