The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

A nice picture of Prince Charles and Camilla, holding hands

(originally posted by hornsen in British Royal Family thread and by milla Ca in Charles and Camilla current events thread)

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Commoner

A lovely pic of M-M and Haakon:
kronprinsesse mette marit - Sesam

Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles must have seen all the other Crown Princely couples holding hands at some stage or another and decided to join the fray. Good on you Chuck for showing that you have some romance in you even if it is in your pinky (little finger) only.

Stellad
Old 06-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon

(originally posted by hornsen in British Royal Family thread and by milla Ca in Charles and Camilla current events thread)
Thanks for the pic, Avalon. But if you look closely, the DOC is holding a purse in her right hand. The POW is holding his left arm close to his body and sort of tucking his hand under a little. It does make it appear at first glance that they are holding hands, but upon closer inspection it seems that they are conducting themselves in the usual British manner.

Mapper
Old 06-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
Thanks for the pic, Avalon. But if you look closely, the DOC is holding a purse in her right hand. The POW is holding his left arm close to his body and sort of tucking his hand under a little. It does make it appear at first glance that they are holding hands, but upon closer inspection it seems that they are conducting themselves in the usual British manner.

Mapper
You are welcome Mapper!
I'm sure they are holding hands. At first I wasn't sure as well, but if you zoom, you'll see thay are actually holding hands.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
You are welcome Mapper!
I'm sure they are holding hands. At first I wasn't sure as well, but if you zoom, you'll see thay are actually holding hands.
Now I´m sure, too. Charles is holding 2 or 3 fingers of Camilla. And look how embarrassed he is (as always if he is tenderly to Camilla). And if they are holding hands it´s always only a few moments.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Like I've said before, Queen Sofia is an excellent grandmother. Many royal grandparents, who are most likely doting in private, don't show much affection in public. But Queen Sofia is always holding and hugging and kissing and touching her grandchildren. It is so sweet! Their poor parents may never get to hold them!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Tomb of King Duarte and his wife, Queen Leonor of Aragon
Mosteiro da Batalha . Portugal
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/5...d77ef20f_o.jpg
Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Like I've said before, Queen Sofia is an excellent grandmother. Many royal grandparents, who are most likely doting in private, don't show much affection in public. But Queen Sofia is always holding and hugging and kissing and touching her grandchildren. It is so sweet! Their poor parents may never get to hold them!
I agree, you can see the absolute delight on her face when she's interacting with her grandchildren. I'm sensing that she probably loves children in general. Lucky kids!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Courtier

You use (past) see Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe with Prine Joachim two sons, Felix and Nikolai a lot, now I have rarely seen them with their Grandparents. We do see a lot of pictures of the Crown Prince Couple and Prince Christian with the Grand Parents. Sure is a beautiful family.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns

Tomb of King Duarte and his wife, Queen Leonor of Aragon
Mosteiro da Batalha . Portugal
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/249/5...d77ef20f_o.jpg
Many thanks for this historic pic: The eternity of love.....
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I didn't think I would like Camilla because I always loved Diana but I have to say, she really makes Prince Charles happy. He looks like a different person with her beside him, he is more relaxed and smiles far more then I ever remember. I will never forget Diana but Camilla is good for him.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofieN
A lovely pic of M-M and Haakon:
kronprinsesse mette marit - Sesam
Thank you for the picture, he looks so in love with her. I just love both of them!!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus

King Albert and Queen Paola
omg, they are such a lovely couple

lovely gesture by paola
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

a cute look

Albert and Paola

dancing
ANP Beeldbank

really lovely
ANP Beeldbank

in the garden of the Royal Palace of Laeken 2003
walking arm in arm
ANP Beeldbank

walking arm in arm
ANP Beeldbank

Paola hugging Albert
ANP Beeldbank

a deep look
ANP Beeldbank

Such a lovely picture
ANP Beeldbank

The following pictures are taken from Corbis

Paola and Albert in 1961- a deep look
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

in 1959

holding hands on the bench in 2004

in china - such a romantic picture

in china -

In latvia

The couple in latvia

lovely picture

(Corbis)

Old 06-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marvellous pics of the Kings of Belgium. The proof that the life can be very lo,g, hard but the love can be resist at very many difficulties. Is a heart intellency 's question?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You are welcome Mapper!
Well I tried zooming but I still can't see it, could be my eyes going bad, however. What I like is that if they are holding hands, it's almost like two young teenagers for the first time wanting to show their love but afraid of who will see - especially with that expression on the face of the POW!

Thanks again, Avalon!
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Mapmaker
Well I tried zooming but I still can't see it, could be my eyes going bad, however. What I like is that if they are holding hands, it's almost like two young teenagers for the first time wanting to show their love but afraid of who will see - especially with that expression on the face of the POW!

Thanks again, Avalon!
There are other pics of them where you can obviously see it. And everytime the expression of the POW is hilariuos. Really like a teenager.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Indeed...but too bad Masako never quite enjoyed this 'happiness' ... we all know about her severe depression... probably as a couple they love each other, but reality doesn't quite allow me to enjoy these pictures...sorry
Old 06-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Serene Highness

HM Queen Elizabeth with the Princess Royal & Zara

An interesting note: The horse HM is riding is mother to the other two!
Old 06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW
You use (past) see Prince Henrik and Queen Margrethe with Prine Joachim two sons, Felix and Nikolai a lot, now I have rarely seen them with their Grandparents. We do see a lot of pictures of the Crown Prince Couple and Prince Christian with the Grand Parents. Sure is a beautiful family.
They are a beautiful family. We probably don't see them as much with Nikolai and Felix because the boys are older than Prince Christian and Lille Princesse. They are at school, and with their mother and step-father, so they may not have as much time to see their grandparents as they used to. We'll probably see some of that as Christian and his sister grow up as well.

Closed Thread