Unfortunate Royal Moments / Experiences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GlitteringTiaras said:
During Queen Margrethe's birthday balcony wave at on April 16, 2007.

Frantically waving at the crowd Prince Christian accidentally pokes Mary in the eye. Click here and scroll down to post #147 to see the photo series originally posted by Her Majesty.

:lol: Sorry to laugh, but it is slightly funny.

I love how the child is completely oblivious to hitting his mother int he face. But I know how she feels.

One time I have holding my little cousin who was 2 yrs old at the time for a group picture with my other cousins and he was playing with this toy and just as the picture was being taken he wacked me in the face with it leaving me with a bruise on my on right cheek. Lets just say my family still cracks up laughing when ever its brought up at family gatherings and they never miss an opportunity to show the picture to any guest that are at my aunts house.

tlg00 said:
An unpleasant moment for Haakon - His 2002 sunburn (picture from Reuters) from German TV lights. Mette-Marit was burned too and ended up having to stay home from the trip all together. She had quite a few unpleasant moments that year - the sunburn, the pneumonia, the broken ankle...

Good God!! I would have sued the person in charge of the lighting!!! I've gotten sunburn before on my shoulders and trust me its not a pleasant feeling. But that looks like it hurts like hell!! I can only imagine what Mette-Marit looked like.

Monalisa said:

I wouldn't say that this is an unpleasant moment. I don't even think Rania realized that her shirt up just a tiny bit. I mean you can heardly see anything. I've seen people with everything (I'm talking gut and all:eek: ) hanging out for all the world to see. This is nothing, I have seen worst......trust me.

Shadiyah2086 said:
I love how the child is completely oblivious to hitting his mother int he face. But I know how she feels.
I to know exactly how it feels.

Being the ''beloved" Aunt I was dragooned into changing my Nephew's nappy. As he joyfully kicked his robust little legs in the air one of his heels made contact with my spectacles. Lights out! :wacko:

To this day I don't know who is more embarassed about that. My nephew or me! :ROFLMAO:

In the DVD "Een sprookjespaar in beeld" (a compilation of video footage on the engagement & wedding of WA and Maxima, and the process in between), it is seen that during the so-called "Maxi-tour", the princess-to-be at that time had to deal with too-affectionate people that almost jumped over her to "get closer to the future Princess" or so it seems (though this was always avoided by security guards)... i don't know whether her terrified expression was captioned somewhere...

I remember a guy with his hair dyed orange, climbing a bridge to encounter her, and some other guy jumping a fence and running to her...

Last edited:
Verde Esmeralda said:
In the DVD "Een sprookjespaar in beeld" (a compilation of video footage on the engagement & wedding of WA and Maxima, and the process in between), it is seen that during the so-called "Maxi-tour", the princess-to-be at that time had to deal with too-affectionate people that almost jumped over her to "get closer to the future Princess" or so it seems (though this was always avoided by security guards)... i don't know whether her terrified expression was captioned somewhere...

I remember a guy with his hair dyed orange, climbing a bridge to encounter her, and some other guy jumping a fence and running to her...

Oh well, I found the caption myself ;)

In this (small) picture you'll see a terrified Máxima with a too affectionate man during the "Maxi-tour" in 2001.

http://www.gva.be/dossiers/-m/maxima/img/kusflevo.jpg

Verde Esmeralda said:
Oh well, I found the caption myself ;)

In this (small) picture you'll see a terrified Máxima with a too affectionate man during the "Maxi-tour" in 2001.

http://www.gva.be/dossiers/-m/maxima/img/kusflevo.jpg

Oh my goodness! How funny! Hey, at least she knew right from the beginning that the people of her adopted country loved her! Anyone have this picture in a larger size? Thanks for the pic!

Didn't Zara Phillips fall off her horse after a jump during a show this past weekend? I read that she didn't hurt herself but she was sore. Are there any pictures?

When I was 13 I fell off a horse that got spooked by something. The horse reared up and I went flying backwards off the horse and landed on the ground. But here's the scary part the horse kept rearing up and nearly stepped on me but I rolled out of the way the horse seriously missed me by inches. Since then I adamently refuse to get on the back horse.

Very hilarious! But poor Princess..I wouldn't like to be her in this very moment! :D :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

I just don't think I could take a spill or have my skirt fly up for the whole world to see and then continue on as if it never happened. My hat goes out to Royals cause I know it isn't easy. Or in some Royal cases...is blown off. (Yeah its a pretty stupid pun.)

It's not easy for us as regular people to have something embarrassing happen to us (and take this from the world's biggest clutz!:flowers: ) but having lots of people see it live, have pictures and film taken, and have it broadcast over and over must be excruciating. I couldn't have handled the "wind and granny-panties" situation nearly as well as Letizia did. I would have locked myself in my room for months or years until everybody had forgotten about it!:eek: It probably did embarrass her a lot, having the fact that she wore underwear like my mother's shown on the news around the world and having an increased search for "Letizia" on Google, but she showed that she was stronger than that incident, and she came out on top.

I personally think that Anne will get a lot more criticism for being rude to the poor man who tried to help her than for falling. Falling is something that could have happened at any time to anyone, and it is no big deal at all, and people would have laughed, but it would brush over. But, then again, she has been rude to so many people in public that this is no big thing for her!:lol:

There's this video of Letizia when she and Felipe was visiting some place, and while she was waving to the crowd, her skirt was blown by the wind, and people can see her undies.. You can check it out here: YouTube - Letizia Can Can

Last edited:
In the first photo you posted, the man who is searching the earring for Princess maxima seems to be beginning a little "courtier dance" before her...Go on with the Menuet! :ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

I currently goes to this very supermarket! (I recognize it in a glance). It's "Disco" and it is placed exactly four blocks of my flat. This supermarket is just beside Princess Maxima's parents flat in Recoleta.

Vanesa.

Poor Maxima!

Although I love seeing new pics of the royals, heavens knows that the poor things have to go through in order for us to see them. I know it's their duty etc but I don't like to see them being harrassed on their 'day off' so to speak.:ermm:

I currently goes to this very supermarket! (I recognize it in a glance). It's "Disco" and it is placed exactly four blocks of my flat. This supermarket is just beside Princess Maxima's parents flat in Recoleta.

Vanesa.
But boy could you imagine if the paparazzi got a good shot at her pin#?
Imagine emptying that unlimited account....:angel:

Yes..LOL: I know what you mean.

But this one is not the first one I see of Princess Maxima in this very supermarket! I never had the change to see her there, but I saw some photos of her at "Disco" in this Forum...It seems she likes to purchase things there!

Vanesa.:D

thanks everyone who contributed!

i'm just wondering... how did haakon and mette-marit's sunburn happen? those are really not normal sunburn marks. was it because of the lights they used for the photoshoot? it's certainly not something caused by simple exposure to the sun.

thanks everyone who contributed!

i'm just wondering... how did haakon and mette-marit's sunburn happen? those are really not normal sunburn marks. was it because of the lights they used for the photoshoot? it's certainly not something caused by simple exposure to the sun.

Sunburn like that happens a lot in Australia, especially tourists with pale skin who come here in the heat of the summer. :ohmy:They spend too many hours in the sun without realising how much damage they are doing. The skin usually does repair without much scarring but over a period of years it can have lasting effects.

it was the lights- they were so intense and so hot, and focused on them for so long that poor Haakon and Mette-Marit got such horrible burns. Ouch!!!!!

poor them, that must hurt really badly. so is it then something you don't realise it's happening until the damage is done? those look like terrible sunburns.

Yes...That's right. I become sunburned almost every time I go spend my holidays in the mountais. The air seems so fresh and sweet that you don't realize you are burning alive...Especially if you have light skin as I have. And yes...IT HURTS! Sometimes it can even get swollen and blister. :ermm:

Vanesa.

I feel bad for them because the public is looking when they mess up, but it is funny.:blush:

This thread is amazing. It feels good to know that I am not the only one who has clumsy moments! Victoria handled the shoe incident with such grace.

It was interesting to read about Mette-Marit's phobia and panic attack. I have my phobias, and have suffered from panic attacks in the past. It is good to know that they happen to the best of us. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom