Unfortunate Royal Moments / Experiences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a funny scene with CP Victoria, but I have to say that she seemed to handle it very well.

She handled it quite well but the expression on her face was priceless!:lol:

I do believe there is a video somewhere (I remember seeing it) when The Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark went into a high school and student asked Frederick if he had ever had a "gay" fantasy. He didn't quite understand the question and it had to be asked several times before Mary started to laugh...:whistling:

Poor Queen Sofia, falling at the White House! And what an awful fall Queen Margret took. It´s a wonder she didn´t get hurt seriously.
I wonder how most people laugh when someone falls. It seems cruel but it is also some sort of reflex, like yawning.

I remember years ago - before his marriage - Crown Prince Frederik was caught nude while jumping into the water during a see vacation. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures....:whistling:

In my book of Royal Trivia, I read about an incident where Princess Alexandra accidentally sat on the Ambassador's new top hat. She held it up to the crowd and shouted, "Look what I've done now!"

Another one I've just thought of, where Prince William was in Australia meeting some young rugby players and the ball clobbered him in the private parts!

I remember one picture where Queen Elizabeth was speaking and all you could see was the hat she was wearing. The podium was blocking her face. You really couldn't hear her very well either.

I remember one picture where Queen Elizabeth was speaking and all you could see was the hat she was wearing. The podium was blocking her face. You really couldn't hear her very well either.

That happen when Her Majesty visited the US in the early Nineties and was speaking at the dais that obviously was in place for President George H.W. Bush and when she spoke it was much too high for her.:p

:previous: Later in the same visit, she spoke to a joint session of Congress and opened by saying, "I hope you can all see me." That got her a thunderous round of applause. :D

Thank's funny (Queen Elizabeth's comment to the Congress).

:previous:That's funny. At least Victoria and MM are laughing:lol:
Nice to see they all have such a close relationship.

Funny? I really dont find this very funny. Do you imagine Principe Felipe of Spain to do such a stupid gesture? I dont think so. But I agree nice they have a close relationship. I think Daniel is not a very educated man. He seems to forgot that from the day he accept to marry Victoria he has a certain behavior to adopt. I must say I am a little disapointed to see this photo. I really didnt think he could do that.

I don't think education has a lot to do with it. It was clearly a spontaneous gesture and while I personally have never given anyone the finger I won't hold it against Daniel. I've seen tons of other photos from this event and he's hugging MM in several of them.

He's a guy. And I know many very educated people who have used this gesture. Indeed, the first time I ever saw it was at a major university (and it's a rare university where one doesn't occasionally see it, IMO).

:eek: WHAT?!? No embarrassing moments for the Grimaldis? Not that they need any... After all, and for as much as i love that family, being a Grimaldi is like being an «accident» waiting to happen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That picture of Daniel is disturbing...he should do a gesture like that in private. I usually get the middle finger when I cut someone off in traffic, so I don't think it's ever really funny. MM is smiling but even she looks a bit surprised.

He's a guy. And I know many very educated people who have used this gesture. Indeed, the first time I ever saw it was at a major university (and it's a rare university where one doesn't occasionally see it, IMO).

Bingo! I have worked as an engineer for so many years and I can tell you, what Prince Daniel did is no surprise whatsoever. It shouldn't be taken as an offence, but rather just a "boy thing".

Also, we are merely seeing a gesture, and it is not in context. Generally a boy (and remember boys stay at the mental age of about 12-16 for the remainder of their lives!) will do that if a woman makes a smart remark to which they have no comeback.

Some people really need to lighten up. I'd call that "warm Moments between Royals", considering you're seeing MM, Victoria and Haakon laughing/making light of it.

Last edited:
That picture of Daniel is disturbing...he should do a gesture like that in private. I usually get the middle finger when I cut someone off in traffic, so I don't think it's ever really funny. MM is smiling but even she looks a bit surprised.

I think MM's reply is "Is that all you can give me, seriously". She doesn't look surprised or offended.

I am not personally offended by the gesture, but there are things that Royals can or should do in public places and others that can be done in private places, regardless of whether it is a "boy" thing or not. Daniel did not use very good judgement and I am disappointed in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom