Unfortunate Royal Moments / Experiences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recal a photo of CP Frederik during an official visit to Japan. He had to take of his shoes visiting a temple or something. Reveiling a big hole in his sock. Guess he did not plan to take of his shoes during the day. :D

mims111 said:
This one is great I think :lol:
I would give everything just to see video with this situation :ROFLMAO:
They were standing under a tent! But obviously it didn't help much!
:lol:

crisiñaki said:
we know, but there are two elements to consider:

1. She's a MUSLIM, she shouldn't show that much flesh (regardless the accident or not)
2. She's a QUEEN, which means nononono to midriff showing, use a larger suit jacket or do something!

oh, come on... she is a young beautiful woman... why would see dress with a long jacket if she can perfectly wear something more modern and flattering?

i know it's not protocolar for a queen to show her belly, and i think she should be more careful in further ocassions but... i don't think she needs to dress as a 50 year old queen when she is so much younger! besides, that coat was gorgeous. such a classy and elegant outfit....

thanks everyone who posted pictures and stories! :ROFLMAO:

Royal Family "oops".

Often it appears that the royal families are perfect, however I know this is not true. It makes them feel more 'human' to me often to catch them in an 'oops' moment - a slip is showing, a stocking gets a run, they trip over their own feet etc. Can you all please share these moments? I would love to see them at their most 'human'. :flowers:

Thanks

There was a photo of Queen Margrethe falling down a number of steps, it seemed like a really bad fall. I think there is also a photo of Queen Sofia taking a fall down some steps too (while in the US?? not sure)

Also, Crown Princess Mary's hat blew off just before her wedding day. I know there is much more but i can't recall to mind just yet :)

HM Queen Elizabeth II got blew of her skirt dues winds on their trips

and also Countess of Wessex got blew of her hats during horse ascot and she tried to hold the hats but not easy for her!

That is so embrassing because the public can look at the photos on the web.I am sorry but out of the royals with the embrassing moments I will say what Queen Sofia of Spain has more than anyone else but respect her for being able to hold her head up and move on from such awful moments.And all the other royals who too have been a victim of an embrassing moments as well.

The most classic had to have been Nicole Coste putting Prince Albert on blast with the Paris Match spread. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to witness him viewing that one!

MargreteI said:
I recal a photo of CP Frederik during an official visit to Japan. He had to take of his shoes visiting a temple or something. Reveiling a big hole in his sock. Guess he did not plan to take of his shoes during the day. :D

that must be a very unpleasant moment. did anyone notice appart from the photographers?
i assume he just laughed at the situation and showed royals are like anyone else :) to solve it in the most "diplomatic" way.

Mette Marit's aviophobia

Princess Mette-Marit suffers from aviophobia.
In 2002 a photographer tried to take pictures of her having a aviophobia-"attack". Mette turned very angy and Prince Haakon tried to calm her. Mette-Marit was so angry that she started to shout and insult her husband in public (on the Airport of Haugesund).
It was quite unpleasant for MM that TV Haugesund filmed the whole dispute and published it in TV.
(source Article)

Her_Majesty said:
Princess Mette-Marit suffers from aviophobia.
In 2002 a photographer tried to take pictures of her having a aviophobia-"attack". Mette turned very angy and Prince Haakon tried to calm her. Mette-Marit was so angry that she started to shout and insult her husband in public (on the Airport of Haugesund).
It was quite unpleasant for MM that TV Haugesund filmed the whole dispute and published it in TV.
(source Article)

:sad: I understand what Mette-Marit had to feel, I also suffer of aviophovia and it is very difficult to explain the sensation of panic that you feel when you travel in plane. If someone tries to calm me, I become aggressive and I can´t support it.

So the Princess is not the only one.

:wacko: Very, very... The most unplesant moment.

And I Suffer Panic Attacks so shes not TOTALLY alone.

Oh my gosh! Poor thing! How can paparazzi and reporters be so insensitive?
When your going through an attack it's horrible, now, knowing your being watched and recorded is even worse! I totally sympathize with her. I don't have aviophobia, but I do have claustrophobia...related to panic attacks. Not fun!

MargreteI said:

I think he didn't care that much, probably the Royal House did.. :lol:

Von Schlesian said:
The ways of old, (where none but the most senior and close members of the Royal family would touch the monarch or other royal personage), have faded to the reality of people's reactions should members of Royal families stumble or fall. As far as assistance in a situation where they may come to harm, then the notion os waivered, however a Paul Keating moment (where the then Prime Minister or Australia placed his arm on Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's back in order to 'guide' Her Majesty), would certainly not be tolerated (and nor was it).
what did she do?

I would not say that these moments are "not so good". I would said that they are most funny moments (or even embarrassing ones) than bad moments....;)

Vanesa.

What event was Princess Mary attending when her blew off?

Any odd moment with Maxima involved? (any other than the infamous "een beetje dom" statement...) I believe she crashed with her car when she had just arrived in NL, but i am not sure...

LadyS said:
What event was Princess Mary attending when her blew off?

The event was on May 13, 2004, when Mary was introduced to the members of the Danish Parliament.

An unpleasant moment for Haakon - His 2002 sunburn (picture from Reuters) from German TV lights. Mette-Marit was burned too and ended up having to stay home from the trip all together. She had quite a few unpleasant moments that year - the sunburn, the pneumonia, the broken ankle...

tlg00 said:
An unpleasant moment for Haakon - His 2002 sunburn (picture from Reuters) from German TV lights. Mette-Marit was burned too and ended up having to stay home from the trip all together. She had quite a few unpleasant moments that year - the sunburn, the pneumonia, the broken ankle...

Good grief !!!!!! That's not a sunburn, that's a medical emergency. :ohmy:

tlg00 said:

Ummm...:ermm: ...OUCH!!!! :wacko:
What the heck happened to him? :ohmy:

Yes I remember what happened to Haakon and also Mette-Marit .
In fact, they were both interviewed by a german TV . It took place outside and there was a lot of sun . The cameras were not well set and they became sort of magnifying glasses with the sun ...:ohmy:

See the result, they were REALLY burned ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom