Unfaithful Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marengo said:
There were one or two boulevard magazines who published the pictures to. They claimed that Maxima was not amused and referred to german magazines hinting on a marriage crisis. The general opinion (for those who read the news) however is that this is utterly rediculous, and more than that it once again shows that these magazines make up anything to sell.

I believe the Dutch ambassador to Australia made a (diplomatic) reference to it when the Prince and Princess where there a few months ago. Maxima and WA seemed to had a good laugh about it.

Thanks Marengo. Was this the only episode in which the couple was (remotely) said to have a crisis? I never heard anything, at least from here, apart from this....but I was not very updated until now ;)

Kelly said:
Why do you say this? Are there any references as to think she did? I don't remember the name Martin come out during their divorce procedures.:ermm:

Well, she met him when he came to photograph Joachim & she must have got to know him fairly well to leave her husband and risk losing her children. I would say that the Queen told them it must be kept amicable and that was why no adultery was cited.

I heard that last Shah of Iran had many lovers and had been unfaithful to Farah.
One of them was named Ange and they were meeting each other till his death...

7 800? Seven thousand eight hundred? Let's see: He was born in 1841 and died, at the age of 69, at 1910. If he started out young, say, at the age of 15, that would make 144,44 women a year, one in every two and a half days. Guess it is do-able :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't call them lovers, b/c a lover is s/one you have a relationship with, they were bedmates at best, hookers at worst, yet it does seem unrealistic!

There are/were lots of unfaithful royals!
I don't know if they've been mentioned, but for example, King Henry VIII was unfaithful.
Back to these days, Prince Charles in it's moment to Diana, Prince Ernst to Chantal Hochuli...Even Andrea Casiraghi and these new pics of him kissing another girl that wasn't his current girlfriend.
They are like the rest of us, but of course we find out about their affairs because they are all the time in the press.

:previous:So very true. In the good old times when royalty was a closely knit circle, extra marital affaires did not reach the public.
Of course there were plenty of Dukes and Counts being created when a royal favourite was falling out of favour or a husband turned a blind eye.
Nowdays everything is being played on center stage.

I saw this picture of Willem-Alexander and Inge de Bruijn, a Dutch Olympic swimmer, during the Athens 2004 Olympic Games.
Though I NEVER heard/read that he had been unloyal, unfaithful or anything remotely similar (just to make it clear!), what I did recall are some comments on Máxima being quite upset about this image, and even making some kind of fuzz to WA over it. Does any of our fellow Dutch members remember what did the local press say about this?

http://www.sportfotografie.nl/500px/Aug2004/Bruijn_10068.jpg

The link does not work for me.I found another picture.Is this it?

Pic

I don't think WA is that type of person.It's nice that the couple,eventually,laughed at the situation.

Last edited:
do you think Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco have extramarital affairs during their marriage? I was said that Princess Grace slept with her best friend's husband in the 1960s and that her friends even admitted to receiving a letter from Grace kelly for forgiveness - at is was write in a book by Wendy Leigh "True Grace: The Life And Time Of An American Princess. It listed a whole bunch of names like Marlon Brando to Frank Sinatra....and then it said that Prince Rainier also cheated but no proof or anything.
I don't think neither the Grace or Rainier was unfaithful in the marriage. Family is too important for them to ruin it. Grace spend a great deal of time with their children and Rainier spending too much time building Monaco that they hardly spend enough time together and there goes speculations.

What do you think?

I thought it was a known fact, that Rainier was unfaithful? I have never heard anything about Grace though.

They used to joke about it. Grace commented that the tabloids always had her running off with a ski instructor and Rainier said reports always had him with a woman at the Hotel Negresco in Nice. Of course no one could ever come up with the name of the persons they were supposed to be sleeping with or any evidence of infidelity but they made good stories. One would think by now someone would have written a tell all book claiming to have been the lover of one or the other of them. You can't libel the dead after all, so if they wanted to make a quick buck they could even if untrue.

I thought it was a known fact, that Rainier was unfaithful? I have never heard anything about Grace though.
It is known gossip, but that is different than fact or at least it used to be.

Last edited:
now I understand why Grace didn't like much of the press or paparazzi. She can't keep anything private and that goes the same for her family. Her life as a princess and in private was always in the open.

I also dislike that every one was saying that this isn't a fairytale marriage. Com'on, they are more realistic then any other royal love stories aren't they not?

I never heard reports about Princess Grace having an affair but can't say the same about Prince Rainier. No one has ever come forward claiming to have an affair with either one of them. Perhaps if there is a lover or mistress out there, loyalty to them or not wanting to hurt their family might be one reason why they have said nothing. Perhaps their family doesn't know about it and they take their secret to the grave.

Revealing such a thing not only affects the families involved, it also affects the family and children of the mistress or lover as well. It affects a lot of people. Someone who is classy wouldn't write a book about their affair.

Another thing is the mistress or lover wouldn't be a spring children (if Prince Rainier were still alive he would be almost 90 years and Princess Grace would be in her 80's) or perhaps they are deceased as well if they are within the same age group. If they are a bit younger, then perhaps they are still around.

I'm surprised that someone who was not employed by royals who knew that Royal X or Royal Y was having an affair hasn't spilled the beans for the most part. Unless they were still working, they would have little to lose by doing so.

Aren't there always rumors surrounding Prince Philip having affairs with almost every woman who passes him? This might be a horrible thing to believe, but considering the life he has lead since his wife became Queen and he had to take 2 steps back, I wouldn't begrudge him to have had a few affairs.
Has the red headed Duchess been mentioned at all?

Aren't there always rumors surrounding Prince Philip having affairs with almost every woman who passes him? This might be a horrible thing to believe, but considering the life he has lead since his wife became Queen and he had to take 2 steps back, I wouldn't begrudge him to have had a few affairs.

I doubt that we will ever know for sure on this matter and rumors have floated around for years. I remember reading in one book where it stated that Philip did/does enjoy the company of women but it was mainly on a friendship basis. HM also had a very close friend who happened to be male. "Porchy" I think he was called.

Anyways, I did find this article but its the DM so who knows just how reliable it really is

His Royal Grumpiness: But 60 years on, the Queen still adores her rude, yet uttlerly devoted husband | Mail Online

I never heard reports about Princess Grace having an affair but can't say the same about Prince Rainier. No one has ever come forward claiming to have an affair with either one of them. Perhaps if there is a lover or mistress out there, loyalty to them or not wanting to hurt their family might be one reason why they have said nothing. Perhaps their family doesn't know about it and they take their secret to the grave.

Revealing such a thing not only affects the families involved, it also affects the family and children of the mistress or lover as well. It affects a lot of people. Someone who is classy wouldn't write a book about their affair.

Another thing is the mistress or lover wouldn't be a spring children (if Prince Rainier were still alive he would be almost 90 years and Princess Grace would be in her 80's) or perhaps they are deceased as well if they are within the same age group. If they are a bit younger, then perhaps they are still around.

I'm surprised that someone who was not employed by royals who knew that Royal X or Royal Y was having an affair hasn't spilled the beans for the most part. Unless they were still working, they would have little to lose by doing so.

Possibly or it could have all just been the usual Riviera gossip.

Sarah Bradford in one of her bios said that he had had affairs but she has since changed her tune and now believes she was wrong.

An author who actually admitted they might have been wrong?! Good gawd it really is the apocalypse!
I've really had too much of the Daily Mail for today, those idiots make me want to slap them sometime. Too bad they didn't go the way of News of the World. I admit when it comes to Elizabeth II, I can't imagine her having an affair, I don't know why.

Porchy

" Porchy " was the nickname of Henry Herbert, 7th Earl of Carnarvon, who was the Queen`s racing manager for many years and one of her closest friends. He died in 2001, just a few days before the memorial service to the British victims of the 9/11 attacks, in New York. At this service, the British Ambassador read out a message from the Queen which included the memorable phrase, " Grief is the price we pay for love " The Queen wrote this message at a moment of great personal distress, having lost a dear and loyal friend. If others wish to paint this relationship in another colour, then quite frankly, that is their concern.

However, side by side photos of Andrew and Porchy at about thirty each bear a certain resemblance....

I'm new to this site and I find this thread really disappointing. Its gossip and speculation. And of no importance at all.

I'm new to this site and I find this thread really disappointing. Its gossip and speculation. And of no importance at all.

Practically everything that we discuss or are told about royals, all of them, is gossip and speculation. If we were to rule out gossip and speculation about royals as a topic for conversation, this would be a rather boring website.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss indiscretions of royals that are public knowledge.

Despite what some may think, we try to stray away from gossip and/or speculation.

Thus any additional comments about Andrew's parentage will be deleted going forward.

Last edited:
Closed for moderator review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom