The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Well, the infidelities of Juan Carlos are well known, when he was young he was in love with princess Maria Gabriela, but General Franco didn't approve this marriage because he wanted a princess whose father was a reigning king in order to reinforce the new monarchy.
On the oder hand, Sophia was in love with Prince Harald, even the greek parliament had approved a dowry for her, Queen Frederika and King Olav were delighted.... but Harald was dating a plebeian called Sonja...
Finally Sophia and JC met in London and decided to marry.

Old 10-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn
Well, the infidelities of Juan Carlos are well known, when he was young he was in love with princess Maria Gabriela, but General Franco didn't approve this marriage because he wanted a princess whose father was a reigning king in order to reinforce the new monarchy.
On the oder hand, Sophia was in love with Prince Harald, even the greek parliament had approved a dowry for her, Queen Frederika and King Olav were delighted.... but Harald was dating a plebeian called Sonja...
Finally Sophia and JC met in London and decided to marry.
Boy, that's a soap opera of a love connection. It must have been akward at the very least at the beginning when Sofia met up with Harald when both of them were married to other people.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightRhapsody
It must have been akward at the very least at the beginning when Sofia met up with Harald when both of them were married to other people.
Yeah, I guess so. If you see pictures of Harald and Sofia together now you can tell they are still good friends
Old 10-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
Many royals are known for beening unfaithful that has been going on for thousands of years this is not a new tread everyone knowns that both Prince Charles cheated on Diana with his now second wife Camilla, The Duchess Of Cornwall and Diana cheated on him with a British man named James Hewitt. I did not know that princess Grace cheated on prince Rainier that's sad but I know that King Albert Of The Beligians had a child out of wedlock that is another thing I don't know if this is true but some the godchildren of royals are actually their children out of wedlock.
I didn't know the Duchess of Cornwall cheated the Prince of Wales with James Hewitt!
Apart from James Hewitt, late Diana, Princess of Wales had quite a few other affairs.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Bernhard , husband of queen Juliana of the Netherlands was cheating on his royal wife. He even had two illegitimate children, daughters, with two different women. First of this children Alicia was born in 1950s and now lives in the U.S. Second one born in 1967, Alexia lives probably in France. He disclosed the existence of them just before his death.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
I've read that Princess Grace had several affairs after her marriage, including one with Frank Sinatra which George Jacobs talks about in his book. He was Frank Sinatra's butler:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-S-Last-Wo.../dp/0330412299

AND

BEAUTIFUL blonde Grace Kelly cheated on her charming Prince, it was revealed last night.
Long before the Irish-American actress perished in a tragic car crash, her husband, Prince Rainier of Monaco, had found out about dalliances with a string of young Hollywood stars.
LINK
It is well known they were unfaithful ( Prince Rainier was supposed to have lots of lovers) you cna find this in any Grace´s biography.It happens to common people too, it´s not easy to keep a long time marriage.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Not to be mean and this isn't directed at any particular post BUT really other than Charles and Diana's interviews regarding their infidelity and the acknowledgement of King Albert and Prince Bernhard's illegitimate children, all who were born as the result of an affair while married to their wives....rumours about everyone else cheating is pretty much speculation at least IMO.

A lot of people have read in various magazines and books (myself included) that Juan Carlos, Rainier, Grace, etc cheated on their spouses...but does anyone have any real proof?

I can say that Prince/Princess (Insert Name) cheated on Prince/Princess (Insert Name), and tell one person and it becomes a whirlwind that all of sudden finds its way into a newspaper, television show, gossip column and/or book. And it might not be true. Especially now, with the media and the internet. One incorrect item can be spread within seconds and not everyone checks facts.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
But many marriages start with love in the beginning, but they end with infidelity years later. I don't know how it is between Juan Carlos and Sophia though.
Yes, that's also very true. Also, sometimes a couple very much in love has a rough time and they give into temptations or something like that, but sometimes they split up, and sometimes they decide to work it out. I think if what Saturn says is true about Juan Carlos being "well-known for his infidelities" it might be that when he was a young married man, perhaps he was immature but since that time he came to appreciate his family.

I never heard that bit about Princess Grace and Frank Sinatra. Why did all those beautiful, classy, talented women fall for that sleezy, shady Sinatra?
That guy had way too much, too many women, too much money, and all obtained in the dirtiest, most deceptive ways.

Oh, speaking of Grace, that reminds me of one of the most embarrassing, scandalized royal infidelities of recent history. Daniel Ducruet and Miss Bare Breasts of Belgium!

And then there was the "toe-sucking" affair with Sarah, Duchess of York and (?) that financial advisor, Bryan? But was that when she and Andrew were still married? It might have been after the separation, I don't remember.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I didn't know the Duchess of Cornwall cheated the Prince of Wales with James Hewitt!
Apart from James Hewitt, late Diana, Princess of Wales had quite a few other affairs.
I meant to say that Diana,Princess Of wales cheated on Prince Charles with James Hewitt I wrote quote wrong apron me Avalon.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-17-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I meant to say that Diana,Princess Of wales cheated on Prince Charles with James Hewitt I wrote quote wrong apron me Avalon.
That threw me off too, haha! I was like, whoa, Camilla and Hewitt?!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I knew you didn't mean to say Camilla cheated with Hewitt and it was just a typo. But it was quite funny!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
LOL, I think Next Star meant "Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall" like "Diana, Princess of Wales."
Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 PM

How many mistresses did King Charles II have? Nell Gwynn is the only one I ever remember but I know there were many others.

James II had mistresses too, right?

What about Charles I?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian
I wanted to know on this topic. I know that the king Albert II of Belgium had an illegitimate child, and I want to Know if is be true of that the king Juan Carlos cheats his wife?

Paola and Albert had problems in their marriage. I read that Juan Carlos had a romance with a star of name Barbara Rey. Is true this?

I have read also of the infidelities of the duke of Edinburgh, certainly, the prince and princess of Wales, Rainier of Monaco and of his children and his sister, between others.
Diana,Princess of Wales is an unfaithful and unloyal royal too.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Courtier

Has Constantin of Greece ever been unfaithful to Anne- Marie ??
Old 10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
That threw me off too, haha! I was like, whoa, Camilla and Hewitt?!
Hewitt was on UK TV a while ago saying how much he fancied Camilla. She IMO, has more taste!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm a little bite surprised by this thread when it concern the Juan Carlos ' love affairs, because it existed, one one year ago, about this subject that the moderators decided to close because it became totally gossips and with absolutly any interests

I fear that this thread will be again a gossips one if we are talking about the rumors !

In the Royalty there are true exemples of unfaithfull personn as Margaret, Diana, obvious. But for the elses it's or litterature or gossips. Do you think it's interesting to know with certainty if Laurent of Belgium is the son of Albert, if Harry is the son of the Major Hewitt, and I don't know what more ?

At the opposite, I'm sure that the Queen Fabiola, for exemple, was an unfaithfull royal because never she succeed o have a child.

It exist other reasons to be unfaithfull that the infidelity ( even if it's the majority of the cases, remember Juana la Loca the wife of Felipe el Hermoso) we can imagine that Charles is an unfaithfull royal because of the longevity of the reign of his mother the Queen Elisabeth.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
How many mistresses did King Charles II have? Nell Gwynn is the only one I ever remember but I know there were many others.

James II had mistresses too, right?

What about Charles I?
My sources don't say anything about Charles I cheating on his wife Henriette Marie. Charles II was married to Catherine of Braganza, but didn't have any children with her. But she must have been the infertile one, since he admitted the paternity of fourteen children, that he had gotten with different mistresses. He was even criticized for his indecency. His brother James II seems to have been much more pious, and I find no signs of him cheating of any of his two wives. His first wife was Anne Hyde, and his second wife was Mary of Modena. Both these women were Catholics, and James himself became Catholic too. In fact, he was UK's last Catholic monarch.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Hewitt was on UK TV a while ago saying how much he fancied Camilla. She IMO, has more taste!
Well, I guess I overreacted with too much surprise! I think it should be less surprising if Camilla and Hewitt ever did get it on. After all, Camilla and Diana fell for the same man once and, to be honest, Hewitt does look and have a lot of the same mannerisms as Charles. They are the same body types and have the same voice too. It's a bit eerie!
Old 10-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I've heard rumours in the past that the late King Hussein of Jordan has had lots of affairs and mistresses.
I have no supporting links, but was wondering if anybody else had any information about it.