True Love Marriages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe
Prince William,duke of Cambridge and princess Catherine,duchess of Cambridge
Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Mary of Denmark
Crown prince haakon and crown princess Mette Marit of norway
Crown princess Victoria of Sweden and prince Daniel,duke and duchess of vasterbotten
Prince willem Alexander and princess maxima of the Netherlands
Fit perfectly into this category:)

King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of Belgium are one of the perfect examples of True Love...:twohearts:

what about Maria Teresa and Henri of Luxembourg?

do you think that if a person knows their significant other is a royal before courting, that its a bad thing?

Without question
Haakon and Mette Marit
Victoria and Daniel
I agree, they really look into each other.
Victoria and Daniel's wedding has to be the most emotive wedding i have ever seen, royal and not-royal related.
Haakon and MM look very in love after 10 years (?) of marriage, i also believe that's true love.

I think Sweden has two of the most obvious true loves (to my eyes anyway) Victoria and Daniel and Bertil and Lilian.

I forgot about Bertil and Lilian, yes! You are right!

Victoria and Daniel, too soon to tell. Bertil and Lillan a great love story. Many of the others have barely been wed a few years. But, Haakon and Metter Marit, yes.

-Frederick and Mary
-Felipe and Letizia
-Haakon and Mette Marit
-Philippe and Mathilde
-Lorenz and Astrid
-Inaki and Christina
-Edward and Sophie
-Henri and Maria Teresa
-Philipp and Elizabeth
-Sonja and Harald
-Henrik and Margrethe

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
Queen Elizabeth II and Duke of Edinburgh
CP Felipe and CP Letizia
CP Victoria and Prince Daniel

Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Queen Jetsun Pema,at least I hope so because they look so cute and adorable together,they had such a beautiful wedding ceremony and he promised that she will be his only wife even though he could take more than one...

"Wallis and Edward- he gave up the throne fo her" have been mentioned a few times,I think I need to correct a very popular misunderstanding (sorry to all the romantics out there!)...
They are often shown as lovers who were not allowed to be together unless he gives up the throne for her- but in fact he had to step down because he was collaborating with the Nazis and even supported them while the British Empire was fighting against them,he visited Adolf Hitler in 1937 and I guess he could have caused a lot more damage to his country if he hadn´t been sent away to the Bahamas.
Maybe they were truly in love (we will never know for sure),at least he gave her a lot of precious jewels and gifts but love was certainly not the reason why he had to give up the throne....

Last edited:
I think Sweden has two of the most obvious true loves (to my eyes anyway) Victoria and Daniel and Bertil and Lilian.

I believe it was true love for Carl Gustaf and Silvia as well.

At the beginning it´s always "true love" and you believe it will go well till the end of your days...but I know a lot of couples who stayed together after one of them cheated and I think it is a sign of a very deep,loving relationship if you can forgive and keep your partner after you found out he hasn´t been faithful.
Somehow we always expect a fairytale romance with no cheating,lies or tragedies and we are shocked when it doesn´t turn out like a Cindarella story.
But if there is any royal couple who comes closest to the fairytale-romance-ideal I guess it´s Victoria and Daniel....I have always adored Victoria for her wisdom and strength,she has such a warm,caring personality and I wish that she can be happy with her Prince for a long time...They look at each other with so much affection and he has always taken so much care of her,tried to make her happy and helped her through difficult times....and now I am really excited for their first baby:wub:

At the beginning it´s always "true love" and you believe it will go well till the end of your days...but I know a lot of couples who stayed together after one of them cheated and I think it is a sign of a very deep,loving relationship if you can forgive and keep your partner after you found out he hasn´t been faithful.
Somehow we always expect a fairytale romance with no cheating,lies or tragedies and we are shocked when it doesn´t turn out like a Cindarella story.

:previous: That's true of Silvia's love for Carl Gustaf but he couldn't have loved her like he pretended to or people thought if he didn't respect her enough to cheat on her. So true love for Q Silvia, not for King CG

You do not know Carl or Silvia and you can't say he doesn't love her because he cheated. As has been stated already there are very different kinds of relationships and just because a husband acts like a dog doesn't mean he does not have love or respect his wife. blauerengel has mentioned that this is real life and not a fairy tale, real life is not beautiful and without its pitfalls.

Last edited:
You do not know Carl or Silvia and you can't say he doesn't love her because he cheated. As has been stated already there are very different kinds of relationships and just because a husband acts like a dog doesn't mean he does not have love or respect his wife. blauerengel has mentioned that this is real life and not a fairy tale, real life is not beautiful and without its pitfalls.

And you don't know them either do you.
This is getting off topic but I never claimed people don't cheat and the world is wonderful, blah, blah... I stated that if you had any respect for your partner, you wouldn't cheat, you would end the relationship no matter how hard that is. Ask anyone who has cheated and they'll tell you it was cowardly.
Not all people cheat and I consider true love to be one without hurting your "love" physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Of course it would be wonderful to have a partner who respects you,listens to your ideas,supports you when you need it,be faithful all life long and be a good father if you have children-but unfortunately there are not a lot of men who can live up to this!
Also there are a lot of women who are in abusive,unsuccesful relationship because they believe and hope that with their love and efforts they can change them to become a better person.
And I don´t think this is getting off topic,it is important to know how much you can forgive and how much are you willing to give up some of your own needs for the person you are in love with.

Last edited:
And you don't know them either do you.
This is getting off topic but I never claimed people don't cheat and the world is wonderful, blah, blah... I stated that if you had any respect for your partner, you wouldn't cheat, you would end the relationship no matter how hard that is. Ask anyone who has cheated and they'll tell you it was cowardly.
Not all people cheat and I consider true love to be one without hurting your "love" physically, mentally, and emotionally.

You are the one stating for a fact that Carl does not love Silvia because he cheated. I never made any statements or beliefs about Carl's or Silvia's feelings for each other. You need to understand that not every relationship is the same and just because you don't think Carl loves Slivia doesn't mean it is true; you don't know their relationship or either of them. I never claimed to know them or made statements about how they feel about each other.

A third is princess Christina and Tord Magnusson, they have been married for 38 years now and still look happy together.

Peter and Autumn Phillips
Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

For me, these couples are soulmates:

Victoria and Daniel
Mary and Frederick
Maxima and Willem-Alexander
Letizia and Felipe
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip
Wiliam and Catherine
Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mother and George VI
Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Charles

Everytime I see pics or videos of these abovementioned couples, you can just see the radiance between them...you cannot help smiling and basking in their happiness :flowers:

Charlene and Albert - They surely did have to wade through a lot of lies and speculation shortly before their marriage. Look at them now...they seem wonderful together.

Although no longer together, I believe there is a life-long love affair going on between Prince Andrew and Fergie.

I agree with you, KittyAtlanta, with regards to both couples you mention.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Albert and Charlene
Philip and Mathilde
Baudoin and Fabiola

Yes, i second these and would add:
Q.Beatrix and P.Claus
P.Naruhito and P.Masako
Q.Elizabeth II and P.Philip
P.Victoria and P.Daniel
K.Felipe and Q.Letizia
There are many other couples that clearly are very fond of and in love with eachother, but as for True Love, these couples "jump" out for me...

Honestly I think any royal of the modern times married for love...

I wouldn't have bet on Philippe and Mathilde to last long, and here they are happy and with four children!

TBH I've never thought Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip was a two-way true love story. I would say Camilla and Charles; W-A and Maxima; William and Catherine;Haakon and Mette-Marit; Felipe and Letizia

TBH I've never thought Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip was a two-way true love story. I would say Camilla and Charles; W-A and Maxima; William and Catherine;Haakon and Mette-Marit; Felipe and Letizia

I think out of all the couples you've mentioned, that Elizabeth and Philip would be the best example of true love out of them all. It is a love story that encompasses over 6 decades and has survived and grown stronger no matter what they had to face together in life.

I think out of all the couples you've mentioned, that Elizabeth and Philip would be the best example of true love out of them all. It is a love story that encompasses over 6 decades and has survived and grown stronger no matter what they had to face together in life.

Osipi, A well written passage!!
Once Elizabeth knew she wanted Prince Philip as her future husband, she knew all eyes would be on her and Philip. After all, she was the heiress. She could not step through the looking glass and return with a replacement.
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary became the bride, the wife, the mother, and the Queen. She and Philip endured matters.
She did not know that she would be Queen so young.

Back
Top Bottom