True Love Marriages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Without question
Haakon and Mette Marit
Victoria and Daniel

Sorry, Wallis and Edward were not "true love". Elizabeth and Philip, were dubious many years ago. It looks better,, now, as they have aged and he would have never left for amusement. He is true blue, also, know wich side his bread was buttered on.

From the balcony kiss at the Monaco Royal Wedding it is obvious that this is true love :whistling:

Based on what they had to go through to be together
Charles and Camilla
Sonia and Harald
Mette-Marit and Haakon

Based on longterm their longterm courtships when any of them could have backed out
William and Catherine
Victoria and Daniel

I also felt King Hussein and Queen Noor were a true love match

I'm sure many of them are but it's difficult to speculate.

Victoria and Daniel
Felipe and Letizia
William and Catherine
Philippe and Mathilde
Willem Alexander and Maxima
Harald and Sonja
Elizabeth II and Philip

IloveCP said:
Do you think MC would marry Pavlos if he was a plumer?I think she would.They have been married for a long time and they seem to make it work.

I will try to be positive in my disagreement with your reasoning involving MC. 'HRH Crown Princess' Marie-Chantal of Greece (Princess of Denmark?)'s vocabulary does not include the word 'plumber.' To believe absolute nonsense that she would have married HRH Crown Prince of Pavlos even if he was a plumber, only proves how utterly naive some people can be in
assuming the positive. She is an heiress in her own right - she received a trust fund of 250 million dollars on her 21st birthday. Marie-Chantal Miller marry a plumber? Surely you cannot be serious!
On a postive note, MC oldest child and only daughter, HRH Princess Maria-Olympia Denmark, is very beautiful young lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden and both his wives, Princess Margaret of Connaught and Lady Louise Mountbatten
Prince Bertil of Sweden and Mrs Lilian Craig

Mary and Frederik:)
Maxima and Willem Alexander:)

Victoria & Daniel
Haakon & Mette-Marit
Letizia & Felipe
Willem-Alexander & Maxima
Philippe & Mathilde
Harald & Sonja
Bertil & Lilian
Henri & Maria Teresa

There are more modern royal couple that could be really example of true love and tenderness.Those who caught my attention are definitely:
Prince William and Kate
CP Haakon of Norway and Mette-Marrit
CP William-Alexander and Maxima
Edward VIII and Wallis
Prince Felipe of spain and Princess Letizia
In many past cases,some royals used to grow to love thir spouses.
King George VI was really in love with Queen Mother and I think later after their she grew to love him more dearly then at the beginning.
King George V and his wife start as an arranged marriage couple,but then their marriage proved to be a great success.
Queen Victoria and Albert were very happy indeed.
I observed that Windsors are usually monogamous ,I mean that once they fell in love ,they love the same person for the rest of their life.That's the case of Albert and Victoria or even of Charles and Camilla.

Fabiola & Baudion
Mette-Marit & Hakoon
Catherine & William
Victoria & Daniel

King Hussein of Jordan has many wives, but in my own opinion, I think his true love is his last wife, Queen Noor (Lisa Halaby).

King Mohammed VI of Morocco and his young wife, Princess Lalla Salma are good examples of true love. They are very happy together, and Princess Lalla Salma is a very beautiful and good woman. She really deserves to be King Mohammed's wife. And also the Royal Couple are very good and loving parents to their two children, Crown Prince Moulay Hassan and Princess Lalla Khadija. :heart:

I believe that CP Victoria and Prince Daniel are good examples of a couple being in love.

Sophie & Edward

(they are 'understated' but lovely together)

Sophie & Edward

Definitely true. They're very quickly becoming my favorite British Royal couple (besides the Cambridges, of course).

King Hussein had 4 wives and his true love is Queen Alia and after that is Queen Noor but the first is Queen Alia..

I would also like to put out the theory that newlywed couples like William and Kate and Victoria and David are kind of hard to call true love. I know we all want to believe it is true love and perhaps I am being too pessimistic, but I think its going to take a few years to tell with the newlywed couples. I'm sure people thought Diana and Charles were true love and it turned out to be a pack of lies.
I love Kate and I don't want William to get divorced; after the decade of being together and everything they went through I would like to think that Victoria and David are true love. But nobody knows the whole story until the story is done or in its last stages like the older generation of couples.

The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg appear to be a true love match.

Prince Rashed & Princess Zeina
Prince Hassan & Princess Sarvath
Prince Haakon & Princess Mette Marit
Prince William & Princess Kate
Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia
i forget but too much i have in my head

Please do not forget Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie von Isenburg. They are lovely, down to earth couple.

Last edited:
I would also like to put out the theory that newlywed couples like William and Kate and Victoria and David are kind of hard to call true love. I know we all want to believe it is true love and perhaps I am being too pessimistic, but I think its going to take a few years to tell with the newlywed couples. I'm sure people thought Diana and Charles were true love and it turned out to be a pack of lies.
I love Kate and I don't want William to get divorced; after the decade of being together and everything they went through I would like to think that Victoria and David are true love. But nobody knows the whole story until the story is done or in its last stages like the older generation of couples.
Do you mean Victoria and Daniel of Sweden or the Beckhams??

Sophie & Edward

It makes me happy to see more Edward and Sophie fans. They are so understated but such a lovely couple, of what we're able to see of them. Their little glances, even after the length of time they've been together, are lovely and show their love.

Their relationship makes me hope William and Catherine's relationship, as their early years mirror Edward and Sophie's, even down to the struggling of putting on the bride's ring.

I also think Charles and Camilla have found true love, and it is quite a shame that they were unable to be together all those years ago. I am glad they have both found happiness now and it is evident that within the last 5 years Charles has become a very happy man. It is lovely to see.

Last edited:
Well, since both of these couples have, to all intents and purposes, been together for a decade or slightly more. It's not like both couples just met, fell in love and married, within the space of a couple of years.

I get the feeling that William dragged his feet for several years because he wanted to be absolutely sure he did not get it wrong and was overly cautious but, with Victoria and Daniel, things were different. They knew the loved each other years age but I think the King hoped it would eventually fizzle out and took many years to "come round".

I guess a self-made man that started out as a gym trainer just didn't have the "Consort" factor in the eyes of the King, but for them it really is both "true love" and, for many years," star crossed".

Their wedding is noted as one of the most romantic and loving we have been privileged to see. A true celebration of joy! Watching them together "officially" is sweet as they still haven't gotten over never being able to be together, let alone touch each other, in public and their ever so gentle and loving PDA's are legendary!

Last edited:
I believe that Prince William and Kate have a relationship which is true love. The way they look at each other shows that they are deeply in love with each other. I can't exactly explain it. Hopefully they will have a long marriage and a long happy life together. True love is something that is natural and you just know it when you see it.

I believe that Prince William and Kate have a relationship which is true love. The way they look at each other shows that they are deeply in love with each other. I can't exactly explain it. Hopefully they will have a long marriage and a long happy life together. True love is something that is natural and you just know it when you see it.

You're correct. William and Catherine are radiating love. It's understated, but there's no doubt that it's there; in the guiding hand, the arm around the waist, the smiles, the looks of adoration, the mutual respect. I'm hoping that in thirty, forty, fifty, and sixty years from now they'll be able to look back and smile and remember the emotions of the early days of their marriage. Her Majesty and the Duke and Edinburgh are a prime example of this, by the way. The looks and gestures they share say it all.

Do you mean Victoria and Daniel of Sweden or the Beckhams??

Oh good did I say David and Victoria? My bad, both are lovely couples either way. But Victoria of Sweden has more junk in the trunk:lol: That was a lame joke.

The King and Queen of Bhutan. The wedding pictures speak one very impressive language.

Back
Top Bottom