The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Gentry

The world's most eligible royals

Last week, Forbes released their list of 16 of the world's most eligible royals.

The World's Most Eligible Royals

Some familiar names on there, and then there are some who are not as known. The list is not ranked, so I thought I'd have some fun and made a poll to find THE most eligible royal of them all. :)

POLL: Who’s THE most eligible royal?

Old 09-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Hmm, a very European based list, I would imagine there are some very eligible Arab princes out there, especially when you take into account their wealth.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden is VERY handsome...he is better looking than the British princes by far, IMO. Such a shame that he won't be King.

Those are not very flattering photos of the Casiraghi boys, particularly Pierre who has really blossomed lately. Why such bad skin?(Pierre)
Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Nobility

the list is too short choose from. I guess forbes forget about the other royals of the world.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Nobility

Jesus, couldn't they have used a recent picture of Pierre? Poor thing. Actually, I wouldn't have added Andrea or Prince Harry because although neither of them are engaged to their girlfriends, they're both in committed relationships.

Prince Carl Philip is very handsome. Where was Prince Amadeo?

They could have added more royals from Asia and the Middle East. Dubai's full of young bachelor royals.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder what criteria they're using to establish eligibility? I figured that Forbes would count wealth. But given that the Arab princes and princesses have poor showing here and I would think Princess Theordora would not have a huge dowry (but one cannot know what the value of the Greek Royal Family is these days). I guess Forbes is using notoriety and press coverage combined with financial assets. Interesting.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

I also wonder where our princess Madeleine is in this list. She's not more married than her older siblings are! And doesn't Beatrice of York have a sister?

Hmmm, even though I don't think I would fit the role of a princess, it's interesting to see so many princes my age in that list.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Nobility

^ I was thinking about Princess Eugenie, too, but guessed they didn't put her on the list because she's only 17.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Well Prince Albert and Joachim are not the only older royals out there. Why did they only have to do early 20's?
Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 AM
Aristocracy

where was amadeo.......????
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Nobility

Couldn't they have found better pics of Andrea, Pierre and Williamm, I mean, they've put Charlotte's new and obviously beautiful pic. What's the deal with others, especially Pierre's...
Old 09-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Aristocracy

... I like William pic..he looks..normal and cute ....
Old 09-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Hmm, a very European based list, I would imagine there are some very eligible Arab princes out there, especially when you take into account their wealth.
Especially since they go on being 'eligible' even if they have 10 wives!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:41 AM

Hahaha I might not mind being one of a few wives if the man is special enough, like waaaay special.... but I'd much rather be the one with the harem. lol

Anyway... yeah... I think that list sucks. Throw me some Asian men up in there!~ Or at least some non-Europeans. Goodness. A little diversity never hurt anyone. If they were going to make a list like this they should have made it longer..... much longer because what do they mean by "eligible?" I think they mean "marriable" and since everyone's tastes are different, they should have included every single or still legally marriable royal.

Nonetheless, there were some cuties in the bunch. But I'm very picky when it comes to looks so I always enjoy looking at the "Just Plain Rich and Eligible" list, too. xD (Shallow and a gold digger. tsk tsk tsk)
Old 09-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Nobility

As usual, I will vote for the King of Bhutan, 27 years old King Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck who graduated from Oxford with a MPhil in Politics.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian princess View Post
where was amadeo.......????

He's not on the list.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Courtier

Charlotte Casiraghi and Prince William of course !
Old 09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I think I'd have a hard time fitting in with the Arabs. I'm too opinionated. I'll pass on them.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMTLove23 View Post
the list is too short choose from. I guess forbes forget about the other royals of the world.

I agree. There was only a Muslim princess. Why not more Asiatic nobility in the list? I'm from European roots, but I agree that it's a shame that the list was so Europe-nobility biased.

Vanesa.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Serene Highness

I guess the European ones are the most famous around the world. But still, you do have a point.