The Languages Royals Speak To Each Other

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, even if the Infantas are able to speak greek to each other, how come they speak english with their mother, who's Greek and I suppose was the one who suggested they learnt greek?

Wow, this is really interesting stuff. And what Prince Henrik of Denmark did with his children reminds me much of what my parents did with me as a child. We're Chinese-Canadians from Hong Kong who now live in Toronto (Canada) and as a child, my parents would pretend not to know English at home in order to force me to speak in Cantonese at home since I would speak English all day at school.

Do Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik really speak Frensh with each other?
Or do they use to speak Danish now?:confused:

And what about Beatrix and Claus? Which language did they use when they got to know eah other? German and English?

Princess_Beatrix said:
And what about Beatrix and Claus? Which language did they use when they got to know eah other? German and English?

I suppose they spoke German as Queen Beatrix's father was German too. But I'm not sure of it. Interesting question. Have to do some research on that one! :)

Maxie said:
I suppose they spoke German as Queen Beatrix's father was German too. But I'm not sure of it. Interesting question. Have to do some research on that one! :)

I just had a look on the Engagement- Video from 1966 again. The Interviewer asked Claus in which language he asked Beatrix to marrie him; and they answered: " partly in German and partly in english!" :D
That sounds so cute ;)

That's so great! I have never seen the engagement video, but I'm quite sure I'll find it somewhere on the net (I saw Irene's and Magriet's, so I suppose Beatrix's is there too)! :)

Princess_Beatrix said:
Do Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik really speak Frensh with each other?
Or do they use to speak Danish now?:confused:

Yes they speak French to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom