Royals Participating In The Olympic Games!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
The Olympic Games in Peking are quite knocking on the door. And I would be pleased if someone would let me know: Which royal has participated on the Olympic Games and who of them has won medals?

Thank you!!!

Felipe of SPain has participated on the games in 1992 in Barcelona. I don't know if he won anything though! He carried the Spanish flag into the stadium during the opening ceremony, while sister Elena cried of proud!

King Harald participated on the Olympic games with his sailing team.
I don't actually know how often. I just know for sure that he took part on the Olympic Games in 1968 in Mexico; right after his honeymoon. ;)

Prince Albert II of Monaco has appear in six different Winter Olympics games
in the bobsledding event.

King Constantine II of Greece participated in the 1960 Olympics in Rome. He won a gold medal in sailing. I believe that his sister, Princess Sophia (now Queen Sofia of Spain) was his reserve.

Princess Anne,The Princess Royal competed in the equestrian event in the 1976 Montreal Summer Olympics.
And let me correct myself from my previous post Prince Albert II of Monaco only competed in five Olympics
in bobsledding.

King Harald participated on the Olympic games with his sailing team.
I don't actually know how often. I just know for sure that he took part on the Olympic Games in 1968 in Mexico; right after his honeymoon. ;)

He also participated in Tokyo in 1964, when he carried the flag. He came 8th.
See pictures here: 1964 Tokyo - Beijing 2008 - NRK Sport

Then Crown Prince Olav of Norway won a gold medal in 1928 in Amsterdam. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom