Royals & Celebrities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We rarely see Charlene next to a woman taller than her! All I could think was these two have the most beautiful skin. And if Charlene were smiling bigger - we'd see they both have those apple cheeks! Fun.

The only time I have ever seen Charlene smiling really, really big was when she was exiting the Cathedral after baptizing her twins. I have never seen her so happy!:)

And yes, both she and Latifah have amazing skin and bone structure.

Naomi Watts meeting royal family!

Actress Naomi watts (who played Diana) has stated before that she does not want to meet prince charles, William and Harry etc because she played there mom in a film.

Do you think it would be very awkward if Naomi met any of them in a person say at a film premier for example?

I think probably more on her part than theirs. I doubt any of the family has watched the movie (to be fair I don't think most people have...), she's not the first person to portray a member of the RF, or even Diana herself, and isn't likely to be the last (on either count).

The family has met a number of celebrities who have portrayed royals, including Helen Mirren who has portrayed the Queen a number of times.

I think probably more on her part than theirs. I doubt any of the family has watched the movie (to be fair I don't think most people have...), she's not the first person to portray a member of the RF, or even Diana herself, and isn't likely to be the last (on either count).

The family has met a number of celebrities who have portrayed royals, including Helen Mirren who has portrayed the Queen a number of times.

Yeah but with Helen mirren she portrayed a living royal family member not too mention it's a very sensitive issue with there mom dying in a crash. I'd imagine William/Harry would be offended with Naomi watts :sad:

Helen Mirren played the Queen in a movie about Diana's death. When he met her 2 years ago, William joked that he should probably call her Granny.

In recent years we've seen movies about Diana, the Queen, the Queen's father (George VI), the Queen's uncle (Edward VIII), and Queen Victoria. There is currently a Netflix series about the Queen and her family in the early years of her reign. There have easily been a half dozen made-for-tv movies about the romance of William and Kate.

I would hope that William and Harry are self aware enough to realize that their lives and the lives of their close family members are well documented subjects of international interest, and as such are going to be the subject of books, movies, TV shows, and the like for years to come. I honestly don't think they're going to be offended by the actors who portray them.

I don't think the BRF cares as long as the movie/show isn't slanderous. The fluff flies under the radar.

Remember, Princess Margaret's daughter married Daniel Chatto who played Prince Andrew in a Charles-Diana movie. :lol:

Off topic but do you agree that althorp Island was a lone,y place to be buried for diana?

No, I think it was a private place. The dead don't need to be buried along side others, they're dead. Burial should respect the wishes of the deceased to a degree, but also take into consideration the desires of the living and the logistics of it.

I don't know what Diana's wishes were regarding what to do in the event of her death (or even that she had expressed them, given her age), but I think in burying her in a private place like Althorp Island the family gave her grave a degree of privacy that Diana never had in life, and enabled her family (particularly her sons) to mourn her in private.

It's seems like more of a Naomi Watts problem than a royal problem. Maybe she is embarrassed by Diana the movie being a bomb. Helen Mirren and Colin Firth don't seem to have a problem with meeting royals. But their movies were actually good.

Helen mirren had no problem meeting the queen who she has portrayed.

Helen Mirren and Queen Elizabeth II Photos Photos - Queen Elizabeth II at a Reception for Young People in the Arts - Zimbio

Or Collin Firth who played her father
http://michellepictures.com/2011/11...en-elizabeth-ii-of-england-greet-colin-firth/

Or Helena Bonham Carter who played her mother
http://metro.co.uk/2012/02/23/helen...ed-as-she-receives-cbe-from-the-queen-329151/

I am sure Daniel Chatto has plenty of conversations with his wife's cousin Andrew at Christmas and Easter when the family gets together.

Last edited:
I think maybe some of us have seen these pictures before but I just wanted to add them... :)

Queen with Maliryn Monroe (October 29, 1956)
http://i.imgur.com/96oI091.jpg

Princess Diana with Ralph Lauren (September 24, 1996)
http://hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/52/640x640/5499691b7d1fc_-_hbz-aug-2014-ralph-lauren-embed-lg.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria with Hillary Clinton (June 3, 2012)
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...wn-princess-victoria-of-a-picture-id145642242

Prince William with Taylor Swift (November 2013)
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...-sat-next-Taylor-Swift-Winter-Whites-Gala.jpg

Princess Charlene with Reese Witherspoon (April 2014)
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/E...3-600.charlene-reese-witherspoon.ls.43014.jpg

Prince Harry with Rihanna (December 2016)
http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-conten...-world-aids-day-in-barbados-12-01-2016_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have just loved to read the queen's mind when she met actors who portrayed her family and herself!

Just come to post some old pictures.:flowers:

The Spanish figure skaters Javier Fernández met Felipe and Letizia in 2016 after he won his 2nd World champion title in Boston.
[1] [2] [3]

Suddenly want to post these old stuffs because Javi just won his 6th consecutive European champion title in Moscow yesterday after the ups and downs in 2017:clap:?. Yes I am here mostly because I want to tell you that I am happy for Javi who defends his title successfully again:ROFLMAO:.

Javi will participate in PyeongChang Winter Olympics and he probably will be the flag bearer of Spain again.

Last edited:
Laura Elena Harring married Count Carl-Eduard von Bismarck-Schonhausen.

AJ Langer married Charles Courtenay, Lord Courtenay in 2004.

Former ABBA singer Anna-Frid is also married to a royal, I think.

Her third marriage was indeed to Prince (Heinrich) Ruzzo Reuss, count of Plauen. Her husband passed away in 1999. It is through her husband who was a friend of king Carl Gustaf (they attended boarding school together) that she became friends with the queen.

Princess Ira von Fürstenberg married at Venice, Italy, on 17 September 1955, was Prince Alfonso of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1924–2003). She became an actress.

Actress Jocelyn Lane married Prince Alfonso of Hohenlohe-Langenburg in Marbella, Spain on 3 May 1973.
Lane gave birth to Princess Arriana Theresa Maria of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, her only child, in 1975. In 1985, her marriage to Prince Alfonso ended in a divorce.
She was the second wife of Prince Alfonso of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.

Last edited:
Fred Astaire's sister, Adele Astaire, married into the Cavendish family. She became Lady Charles Cavendish, but unfortunately despite being a love match their marriage was unhappy due to problems conceiving and alcoholism by her husband:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adele_Astaire

Not a Hollywood star, but JFK's sister, Kathleen Kennedy also married a Cavendish. She fell in love with Lord (Billy) Hartington, heir to the Duke of Devonshire title, when her family lived in England during her father's ambassadorship. Both families were against the love match due to religious differences. But the lovebirds did marry quietly before Hartington went off to fight in WWII. Unfortunately, he died in battle. Kathleen became Marchioness of Hartington instead of the Duchess of Devonshire. But she also died in a plane crash in the early 1940s before the war ended.

Interestingly, young Kathleen took the young British nobility set by storm with her charm, grace and fun sense of humor during a party at the famous Cliveden House. The regal residence was owned during the 1930s by the Astor family:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Cavendish,_Marchioness_of_Hartington

A book by Barbara Leaming chronicles the love story between Billy and Kathleen:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28220833-kick-kennedy

Now a luxury hotel, Cliveden House was where Meghan, her closest friends, and her mother Doria stayed the night before the royal wedding last May.

Last edited:
Among the aristocracy and former royals, its not that uncommon it seems.

Actress (and first Hispanic Miss USA) Laura Harring was married once to Carl-Eduard, Count von Bismarck-Schoenhausen (great-great grandson of Otto von Bismark).

Actress AJ Langer (My so called life) is the Countess of Devon. She married her husband when he was Lord Courtney. They moved to Poderham Castle after her father in law died.

https://people.com/royals/my-so-cal...t-love-at-first-sight-story-youve-ever-heard/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powderham_Castle

Interesting info re Grace Kelly in Monaco....Lee Grant on interviewing middle-aged Grace, discovered Grace felt so diminished, criticized by the females in Monaco Royal Court she had become inhibited, and fearful. A sincerely sad revelation.

Italian Actress Isabella Orsini married a Belgian aristocratic prince, Prince Edouard Lamoral de Ligne de La Trémoïlle.

Supermodel, actress and singer Carla Bruni married married Nicolas Sarkozy, President of France and ex-officio Co-Prince of Andorra.

Her third marriage was indeed to Prince (Heinrich) Ruzzo Reuss, count of Plauen. Her husband passed away in 1999. It is through her husband who was a friend of king Carl Gustaf (they attended boarding school together) that she became friends with the queen.

Though she was a dancing queen in her day ,Frida was later Her Serene Highness Princess Anni-Frid of Reuss, Countess of Plauen,not bad at all.

Prince Ranier strikes me as something of a tragic figure in Grace's life..his attitude softened several years into the marriage as he observed apathy and long term low spirits. He began to imagine what might snap her out of it to feel well again, with an interest in possible projects. The fifties had come and gone, while the 60's were altogether different. Films beckoned but unless she embarked on a very different path from her prior work, the risks might not have been worth the reward. Otoh, a great director, other than Hitchcock.. it's hard to say what might have been.

There were clearly a few great films left in her, pretty much scuttled on behalf of the principality and people of Monaco, who felt at the time, that it was beneath her.

Last edited:
Fashion model and actress Keisha Omilana met Omoba Adekunle Adebayo Omilana, a member of the House of Arigbabuowo and an omoba (prince) of the kingdom of Ipetu-Ijesha in Yorubaland, West Africa when she got lost on her way to a model casting. The couple married a month later in a private ceremony in New York City with twenty guests and a clergyman from Nigeria. A week-long royal wedding was celebrated later in Nigeria.

Actress Sarah Culberson is Princess Sarah Jane Culberson, Lady of Bumpe (born Princess Esther Elizabeth Kposowa in 1976). She is an American dancer, actress, philanthropist, educator, public speaker, and author. By birth she is a Mende princess of Bumpe in Sierra Leone. As a Mahaloi, or granddaughter of the Paramount Chief, she is accorded the status of princess by the Mende people.

Elisabeth Strickrodt, Countess of Askanien, formerly Elisabeth, Duchess of Anhalt, (3 September 1903 – 5 January 1971) was a German actress and the first wife of Joachim Ernst, Duke of Anhalt.
On 3 March 1927 she married Joachim Ernst, Duke of Anhalt at Ballenstedt Castle. Prior to the marriage she was created Countess of Askanien. Upon her marriage she became the Duchess of Anhalt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actress Anna Gaël on 9 May 1969 Gaël married Alexander Thynn, Viscount Weymouth at a London registry office. In 1992 her husband succeeded his father as the 7th Marquess of Bath.

In 2013 her son married actress and Emma McQuinston. She became the UK’s first black marchioness when she wed Ceawlin Thynne, Viscount of Weymouth, in June 2013 after an 18-month courtship. The former actress and celebrity chef has said she has faced racism and snobbery from the British upper classes unwilling to accept her.

Since her husband hasn't become the Marquess of Bath yet, I believe she is not the UK's first black marchioness as of 2019.

Russian Regalia

Does anyone know of the link between the present Queen of England and the Russian royals -the Romanovs? I understand Prince Phillip is the son or nephew of Princess Alice, but Queen Elizabeth how is she related to Tzar Nicholas and co, as great cousins, the argyle line doesn't sufficiently explain the House of orange of William and Mary to direct lineage of the Stuart and Tudor period?

We all know Alexeii Romanov, Tzarevich couldn't walk about much in his young years, wearing calipers etc according to the Exhibition this year of the Russian Royals at the Science Museum, does this comply with modern tastes?

Does

We all know Alexeii Romanov, Tzarevich couldn't walk about much in his young years, wearing calipers etc according to the Exhibition this year of the Russian Royals at the Science Museum, does this comply with modern tastes?
How do you mean Comply with modern tastes?

Back
Top Bottom