The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

We rarely see Charlene next to a woman taller than her! All I could think was these two have the most beautiful skin. And if Charlene were smiling bigger - we'd see they both have those apple cheeks! Fun.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Phil Collins spills his royal secrets, from bumping into Princess Diana at the dentist to his faux pas meeting the Queen

Phil Collins shares royal secrets

Old 10-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
We rarely see Charlene next to a woman taller than her! All I could think was these two have the most beautiful skin. And if Charlene were smiling bigger - we'd see they both have those apple cheeks! Fun.
The only time I have ever seen Charlene smiling really, really big was when she was exiting the Cathedral after baptizing her twins. I have never seen her so happy!

And yes, both she and Latifah have amazing skin and bone structure.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 11-19-2016, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Royal secrets: What we've learned about royalty from the stars who've met them - HELLO! US
Old 01-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Commoner

Naomi Watts meeting royal family!

Actress Naomi watts (who played Diana) has stated before that she does not want to meet prince charles, William and Harry etc because she played there mom in a film.

Do you think it would be very awkward if Naomi met any of them in a person say at a film premier for example?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think probably more on her part than theirs. I doubt any of the family has watched the movie (to be fair I don't think most people have...), she's not the first person to portray a member of the RF, or even Diana herself, and isn't likely to be the last (on either count).

The family has met a number of celebrities who have portrayed royals, including Helen Mirren who has portrayed the Queen a number of times.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think probably more on her part than theirs. I doubt any of the family has watched the movie (to be fair I don't think most people have...), she's not the first person to portray a member of the RF, or even Diana herself, and isn't likely to be the last (on either count).

The family has met a number of celebrities who have portrayed royals, including Helen Mirren who has portrayed the Queen a number of times.

Yeah but with Helen mirren she portrayed a living royal family member not too mention it's a very sensitive issue with there mom dying in a crash. I'd imagine William/Harry would be offended with Naomi watts
Old 01-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Helen Mirren played the Queen in a movie about Diana's death. When he met her 2 years ago, William joked that he should probably call her Granny.

In recent years we've seen movies about Diana, the Queen, the Queen's father (George VI), the Queen's uncle (Edward VIII), and Queen Victoria. There is currently a Netflix series about the Queen and her family in the early years of her reign. There have easily been a half dozen made-for-tv movies about the romance of William and Kate.

I would hope that William and Harry are self aware enough to realize that their lives and the lives of their close family members are well documented subjects of international interest, and as such are going to be the subject of books, movies, TV shows, and the like for years to come. I honestly don't think they're going to be offended by the actors who portray them.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think the BRF cares as long as the movie/show isn't slanderous. The fluff flies under the radar.

Remember, Princess Margaret's daughter married Daniel Chatto who played Prince Andrew in a Charles-Diana movie.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Commoner

Off topic but do you agree that althorp Island was a lone,y place to be buried for diana?
Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

No, I think it was a private place. The dead don't need to be buried along side others, they're dead. Burial should respect the wishes of the deceased to a degree, but also take into consideration the desires of the living and the logistics of it.

I don't know what Diana's wishes were regarding what to do in the event of her death (or even that she had expressed them, given her age), but I think in burying her in a private place like Althorp Island the family gave her grave a degree of privacy that Diana never had in life, and enabled her family (particularly her sons) to mourn her in private.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

It's seems like more of a Naomi Watts problem than a royal problem. Maybe she is embarrassed by Diana the movie being a bomb. Helen Mirren and Colin Firth don't seem to have a problem with meeting royals. But their movies were actually good.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Helen mirren had no problem meeting the queen who she has portrayed.

Helen Mirren and Queen Elizabeth II Photos Photos - Queen Elizabeth II at a Reception for Young People in the Arts - Zimbio

Or Collin Firth who played her father
http://michellepictures.com/2011/11/...t-colin-firth/

Or Helena Bonham Carter who played her mother
http://metro.co.uk/2012/02/23/helena...-queen-329151/

I am sure Daniel Chatto has plenty of conversations with his wife's cousin Andrew at Christmas and Easter when the family gets together.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:09 AM

I think maybe some of us have seen these pictures before but I just wanted to add them... :)

Queen with Maliryn Monroe (October 29, 1956)
http://i.imgur.com/96oI091.jpg

Princess Diana with Ralph Lauren (September 24, 1996)
http://hbz.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/52/...n-embed-lg.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria with Hillary Clinton (June 3, 2012)
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id145642242

Prince William with Taylor Swift (November 2013)
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/f...hites-Gala.jpg

Princess Charlene with Reese Witherspoon (April 2014)
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/En...n.ls.43014.jpg

Prince Harry with Rihanna (December 2016)
http://www.hawtcelebs.com/wp-content...01-2016_15.jpg
Old 01-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Majesty

I would have just loved to read the queen's mind when she met actors who portrayed her family and herself!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 AM
Majesty

Angelina Jolie brought all her children to meet a King and other celebrities who have met royals - HELLO! US