Royals Who Like to Cook?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KMD

Commoner
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Any information about Royals who like to cook for themselves or their family? Or do they leave it all to their staff?

While they certainly all have staff who cleans and does a lot of the cooking, many royals are known to like to cook for themselves.

As shown on the Crown and movies like the Queen, Prince Philip is known to grill when they are at Balmoral.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6174133/Philip-barbecue-king-Crown.html

Kate and William often talk about cooking with their kids. There was mention of pizzas. She made preserves for the queen as a Christmas gift.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...harlotte-kate-middleton-likes-olives-cooking/

Meghan and Harry like to cook together. He proposed over cooking chicken.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ken-dinner-latest-news-updatest-a8078931.html

CP Victoria and Daniel have been shown baking with their kids at Christmas

Christmas in Motion: Baking with the Bernadottes | The Court Jeweller

Guillaume of Luxembourg is said to be a good cook according to his wife.

https://luxtimes.lu/archives/7714-luxembourg-princess-describes-marriage-to-prince-guillaume

Mette-Marit once commented Haakon made really good meatballs.

Last edited:
When she was crown princess, Empress Emerita Michiko cooked when she could for her family. The IHA has kitchen staff for the emperor, empress and crown prince family.

Photo: Sankei

Princess Tomohito (Nobuko) of Mikasa "is also passionate about cooking, and has published two books of recipes, Shiki no katei ryori [home cooking through the seasons], from Kobunsha, and Omoide no saki niwa itsumo katei ryouri [memories are made of home cooked meals]"

Source: Their Imperial Highnesses Prince and Princess Mikasa and their family - The Imperial Household Agency

There are photos of Empress Masako cooking before marriage. She also took cooking classes in order to prepare authentic Japanese dishes for diplomats/guests when she worked for the Foreign Ministry.

The King of Sweden is a very good cook according to his sister Princess Birgitta.

Wow, I would never have guessed that about the King of Sweden. You learn so much here. Crown Princess Mary has said many years ago that she isn't much of a cook, but Frederik likes to cook. I think it was said he cooks when they are holidaying at Trend.

HSH Charlene of Monaco is a whiz at the barbecue grill according to her husband Prince Albert.

HGD Guillaume and Stephanie of Luxembourg enjoy cooking together, with Stephanie's specialty being Belgian beef stew.

And of course Meghan is a self described "foodie"whom Harry proposed to while they were cooking together in the kitchen.?

I also remember Tom Parker Bowles son of Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall saying that his mother is a very good cook.

I also remember Tom Parker Bowles son of Camilla The Duchess of Cornwall saying that his mother is a very good cook.
I saw one episode of Australia's Master Chef, and Camilla appeared in one of the episodes. They said she liked to cook and she would cook occasionally for the Prince of Wales. It was very interesting, because she told what ingredients Charles liked and didn't like.

Kate likes to cook. Her Sunday Roasts get a thumbs up from William and Kate and the kids like to make xtra cheesy Mac n cheese. Pizza is another favourite. I think they have a pizza oven.

Of course Kate enjoys makeing jams and preserves. She gave a jar to the queen.

World is Carole Middleton is a good cook and no doubt taught Kate a few recipes

Princess Tatiana of Greece really shows her passion for cooking. She released a cooking book and she posts her recipes on instagram. I remember years ago that I saw that she participated in some cooking event in Greece.

But then again, it all depends on their schedules. None of the working royals cook everyday because, well, they're royals, but because they don't have much time or patience. For them, cooking is rather a fun hobby. Rather, than necessity, unlike us, common folk, that have to cook on a daily basis or else we'll starve (talking healthy here, not grabbing pre-prepared food on the road like burgers).

Prince William and Catherine helped cook a meal on their visit to Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom