Royals Married For Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I posted that. I meant to say he left Alexandra for Marie. How long was his first marriage and how long has his second been so far?

Sorry I posted that. I meant to say he left Alexandra for Marie. How long was his first marriage and how long has his second been so far?

Joachim and Alexandra were married in 1995 and divorced in 2005, so that would mean they were married for ten years. Marie and Joachim were married in 2008, which means they've been married for six years. :flowers: I also think it was interesting to read that the common opinion was that they would be "married for life".

I think that Mary and Frederik are a couple that will defiantly stay together, you can tell that they both love each other. I also think that Victoria and Daniel and Felipe and Letizia will stay together.

I meant to say he left Alexandra for Marie.

I'm sorry, but don't you think that's a serious accusation against Prince Joachim? Can you say this for sure? Any reliable sources?

How long was his first marriage and how long has his second been so far?

Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra were married for almost ten years. His Royal Highness and Princess Marie have been married for almost six years now.

And the Prince is very close to Princes Felix and Nikolai, I don't think it's right to say he left them "in the lurch".

Prince Joachim, his wife and four children are a happy, united and very beautiful family.

Both of King Juan Carlos of Spain sisters married for love.Infanta Pilar married a Spanish Viscount and Infanta Margarita married a Spanish Doctor,Carlos Zurita.The King of Norway's 2 sisters also seem to have had happy married lives.

I think Victoria and Daniel will go the distance.

It's interesting to look back at the beginning of the thread and see how things have changed.

Jaime and Elena did divorce.
MM and Haakon were rumored to be having problems this past fall.
Mabel is widowed. :sad:
Yes, Jaime and Elena did indeed divorce - surprise! But sadly nobody can cheat death and yet Friso and Mabel did remain married until death parted them.

Well, as seen with Joachim and Alexandra and Haakon and Mette-Marit, you can never tell what is going on behind the scenes.

Mette-Marit and Haakon were the subject of some very malicious rumors when it was announced she was stepping back from royal duties to allow for surgery and recovery. It was stated that she would possibly be out from October until perhaps past Christmas. She was back before Christmas and the rumors persisted, in part I believe to cover all the "experts" and "close friends" that contributed to them.

I guess the photo's of MM looking less than ecstatic while in considerable pain was proof positive that there was an imminent separation whereas photos of Joachim and Alexandra together looking happy were proof positive of a love that would last forever.

So perhaps a lesson. On film, one couple looked the image of love and one didn't but, the story those photos told were the exact opposite to the actual reality.

Last edited:
I guess the photo's of MM looking less than ecstatic while in considerable pain was proof positive that there was an imminent separation whereas photos of Joachim and Alexandra together looking happy were proof positive of a love that would last forever.

So perhaps a lesson. On film, one couple looked the image of love and one didn't but, the story those photos told were the exact opposite to the actual reality.

This is true. Sometimes when couples are overtly passionate toward one another in public, it's way to cover up something - a façade, if you will. Sometimes it's the ones who are not all over each in public, those who keep themselves to themselves, are the ones who will go the distance and are the ones who really work at their marriage.

Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein

Felipe and Letizia

Frederik and Mary

William and Kate

Haakon and Mette-Marit

Victoria and Daniel

Guillaume and Stephanie

Willem-Alexander and Maxima

Philippe and Mathilde

Last edited:
Eugenie and Jack.
Zara & Mike.
Felix & Claire.
Andrea & Tatiana.
Nikolaos & Tatiana.
Amedeo & Elisabetta.

Last edited:
Most of the current Royal couples seem quite close and settled. I believe most of them are "for life".

There are a couple of "iffy" exceptions that I am not sure about and who I will not name in the interest of not inciting WWIII. :cool:

I went back to the first page. Considering how many people named Joachim and Alexandra, I think it shows how pointless and frivolous this thread is, as well as a way of encouraging unnecessary competition.

Juan Carlos and Sofia should be a stellar example that "for life" doesn't mean "for real", let alone "happily".

:previous: I kind of agree. In all honesty what it comes down to is that the " couple whom I like, who had a great wedding and look really IN LOVE by my personal standards" are the ones who will be together forever.:cool:

A great example is the aforementioned Joachim and Alexandra of Denmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom