The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Her_Majesty's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 8,555
How strange it is to see how many members think that Mrtha-Louise and Ari Behn are likely to divorce.
I think they match perfectly together... they always look very happy together and talk so lovely about each other.
Ari Behn might be a scandal-book-writer, but he always looks like a loving husband and father.
Honestly , I don't think they'll divorce one day.
__________________

__________________
Have a look at TRF Rules and FAQ



Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Litterally for life: Constantijn and Laurentien

Prince Constantijn (chique) and Princess Laurentien (style laurentienesque) already knew each other as toddlers, not knowing once they would marry each other....



The father of Princess Laurentien was, until February, vice Prime Minister in the Netherlands, but has a track record of almost 3 decades in government and diplomacy. The mother of Princess Laurentien lived together with young Princess Beatrix when she studied at Leyden University. The couple was (and still is) privately befriended with the Queen and their daughter often went with them to the castle or the palace to play with the Queen's sons.



Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien are married since 2001, so for 6 years now, but are in fact almost 40 years known to each other and will most likely stay together forever. It is a very balanced, popular and loved couple with beautiful children (Countess Elose, Count Claus-Casimir and Countess Leonore).

__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 07-13-2007, 02:23 PM
karla64's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lynnwood, United States
Posts: 896
Why you think that Prince Felipe and Leitaza likely to divorce.. I don't think they will be divorce someday They look happy and had wonderul two girls..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Next Star's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ******, United States
Posts: 872
I do not know if any of the younger royals will last for life but I know this for a fact the older generation of royals are going to last for life.
__________________
Patience is a virtue.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 07-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 20
I think that Prince Charles and Camilla will be together for life - as much as I adored Diana, Charles and Camilla should have married in the first place, they adore each other.
Elizabeth II and Philip are together forever as well, it seems that nothing could ever break them up.
Patrick.
__________________
"The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children." - HRH, Duke of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 07-14-2007, 03:39 AM
anirac's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
Prince Constantijn (chique) and Princess Laurentien (style laurentienesque) already knew each other as toddlers, not knowing once they would marry each other....



The father of Princess Laurentien was, until February, vice Prime Minister in the Netherlands, but has a track record of almost 3 decades in government and diplomacy. The mother of Princess Laurentien lived together with young Princess Beatrix when she studied at Leyden University. The couple was (and still is) privately befriended with the Queen and their daughter often went with them to the castle or the palace to play with the Queen's sons.



Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien are married since 2001, so for 6 years now, but are in fact almost 40 years known to each other and will most likely stay together forever. It is a very balanced, popular and loved couple with beautiful children (Countess Elose, Count Claus-Casimir and Countess Leonore).

I couldn't agree more, but I think that all mariages of the dutch princes are mariages for life, because statistically the mariages of children are geared to the mariage of their parents. And the dutch boys had a wonderful archetype
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 AM
tlklhm's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , Singapore
Posts: 369
It seems that Joachim is always the one been blamed for the failed marriage. He could be out drinking & partying to drown his sorrow. Drinking & partying does not necessary means that he is enjoying himself. I always think that Alexandra is a smart & shrewd woman and there are some Hong Kong report from her ex-colleague to say that she is not as 'wonderful' the person as she seems to be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 AM
morhange's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Springfield, United States
Posts: 570
Why does everyone think Elena and Jaime are likely to divorce?
__________________
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:02 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
It seems that Joachim is always the one been blamed for the failed marriage. He could be out drinking & partying to drown his sorrow. Drinking & partying does not necessary means that he is enjoying himself. I always think that Alexandra is a smart & shrewd woman and there are some Hong Kong report from her ex-colleague to say that she is not as 'wonderful' the person as she seems to be.
Must admit that I too have changed my perception of this couple; I don't think that the failed relationship was all black (Joachim) and white (Alexandra) either.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Why does everyone think Elena and Jaime are likely to divorce?
There are not likely to divorce because the King and the Queen would never agree, but it is a widespread fact in Spain that they are not in love anymore. It has even been said they were very close to divorce but they were "forbidden" (don't know if it is the appropriate word) to do it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:25 AM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
I have doubts about..

Elena and Jaime. I have simply never seen a picture of these two happy together. They have two gorgeous children, but that man, Jaime, looks so sad all the time.
Tessy and Louis. They didn't marry for the right reasons in my opinion, and they did it waaaaaaay too early. I have a feeling this couple will definately divorce and especially with the second baby coming up, Tessy will just be another baby machine, and she will get borred with that.
Laurent and Claire. They don't look happy too me.

For the younger generation
Mary and Frederik
Letizia and Felipe
Cristina and Inaki
Maxima and Willem-Alexander
Mabel and i-forgot-his name
Laurentien and Constantjin
Mathilde and Philippe
Mette-Marit and Haakon
and Martha-Louise and Ari
will be married forever

BUT as we saw with Alexandra and Joachim, we don't know a thing what's going on behind the surface ! So, you never know, but this is just how I feel.
__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 07-14-2007, 08:40 AM
princess leonor's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ciutat Comtal, Spain
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane View Post
There are not likely to divorce because the King and the Queen would never agree, but it is a widespread fact in Spain that they are not in love anymore. It has even been said they were very close to divorce but they were "forbidden" (don't know if it is the appropriate word) to do it.
I've heard that too. Queen Sofia does everything in her power to prevent disgraces in the family and will not allow it. But I'mm not sure they're that unhappy either. Surely no mother would force a daughter to stay married to a man if she's unhappy, especially not QS. They have been through a lot though, with Jaime's stroke and then the miscarriage. I think during all that they might have grown closer again. Anyways I don't think they will split up in the end.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 07-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane View Post
There are not likely to divorce because the King and the Queen would never agree.
Before theire relationship no one believed the Prince could marry a non-noble and divorced lady: the King and Queen would never agree.

Well.... we know what happened....

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 07-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
I have doubts about..

Elena and Jaime. I have simply never seen a picture of these two happy together. They have two gorgeous children, but that man, Jaime, looks so sad all the time.
Don Jaime de Marichalar y Senz de Tejada has suffered a serious stroke a few years ago. Infanta Doa Elena found her husband on the floor in the fitness room, suffering a serious attaque. I remember the Infanta in a total shock, escorting her spouse to hospital with wailing sirenes and moving through a herd of flashlights.

Don Jaime thankfully recovered but his expression has largely gone since then because his face is partly paralyzed.

I think the Duke and Duchess of Lugo have a very good relationship and that the worrisome events they survived created a strong bond between them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Sichelle's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 14
I don't really want say who I think are going to get divorsed- because I and most people don't know them and are therefore juding by pictures .. and just because someone isn't always showing affecion and are giving nice and loving gestures all the time do not mean taht they are going to divorse. Jus my little opinion.

But some people that I think have a great love for eachother are Charles & Camilla and Sonja & Harald.
Based on their long waiting for marrige and accept there must be love between them .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 505
Philippe & Mathilde (I think they are soulmates)
Haakon & Mette-Marit (He faught tooth and nail for her - that's conviction)
Frederik & Mary (She would never give up those two kids - she lost her mom too early)

I'm not sure about the rest. I hope they are all married for life, because they are all great in their own unique way!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Henri M.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eindhoven / Maastricht, Netherlands
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Frederik & Mary (She would never give up those two kids - she lost her mom too early)
We have the example of Diana who would never given up her children as well and has 'lost' her mother on young age.

Well, the couple separated and divorced.

With other words: no one can look in the crystal ball to read the future.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 07-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post

With other words: no one can look in the crystal ball to read the future.
Very true, I concede.

Diana was spoiled and impulsive imo, which I don't get that sense in Mary. Well as I said, I don't wish that on anyone of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 07-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Troy, United States
Posts: 2,999
Henri M., ever and always the knowledgeable one. I wouldn't even begin to predict who would last or divorce. We cannot see behind closed doors as one poster said and I certainly wouldn't deign to be the first to do so. Let us just hope that all will live happily ever after. It would be wonderful, wouldn't it? Obviously, not in this day and age. It remains to be seen...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
MissSaga's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan, United States
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M. View Post
Don Jaime de Marichalar y Senz de Tejada has suffered a serious stroke a few years ago. Infanta Doa Elena found her husband on the floor in the fitness room, suffering a serious attaque. I remember the Infanta in a total shock, escorting her spouse to hospital with wailing sirenes and moving through a herd of flashlights.

Don Jaime thankfully recovered but his expression has largely gone since then because his face is partly paralyzed.

I think the Duke and Duchess of Lugo have a very good relationship and that the worrisome events they survived created a strong bond between them.
Well I guess they did not after all, and that I were in fact right in my prediction as this couple is now divorced. Or is it separated?
__________________

__________________
Why do all good things come to an end ?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish Royals at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games Alexandria Royal Family of Spain 6 04-23-2004 05:57 AM
Name Haakon And Mette-Marit's Baby Josefine Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 139 01-24-2004 06:49 PM
Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events December 2002 - October 2003 Julia Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 76 10-14-2003 08:40 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]