Royals Married For Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Married for life:

Mathilde and Phillippe
Alexis and Carlos
Cristina and Inaki
Alexandra and Jefferson
Benedikte and Richard
Margrethe and Henri
Maria Teresa and Henri
Astrid and Lorenz
Elizabeth and Philip
Sonja and Harald
Marilene and Mauritis
Irene and Pieter
Anne Marie and Constantine
Sofia and Juan Carlos
Charles and Camilla

I would be very surprised if ANY of the present crownprincely couples would divorce in the near future. All the crownprinces took a long time to find a wife which was most suitable for them and all the couples seem to function very well as a ´team´.

Others who will probably not divorce:
- Constantijn and Laurentien (a wonderful couple)
- Astrid and Lorenz
- Guillaume and Sybilla (not after what they have been through)
- Cristina and Inaki
- Edward and Sophie
and of course all the older royal couples.

Not to certain about:
- Friso and Mabel
- Elena and Jaime
- Caroline and Ernst-August (she just doesn t seem happy)
- Filiberto Emmanuel and Clothilde.

Married for life in England

Prince Charles and Camilla
HM QueenII of England and Prince Philip both good couples but its almost 60 years of their marriages
Earl and Countess of Wessex
Princess Anne and Tim
David,Viscount and Serena,Viscountess

im not sure what other more of marriages? still strong couples!

Sara Boyce

to stay together
felipe and letizia
haakon and mm
philippe and mathilde
willem-alexander and maxim
mary and fred(may get divorced)

Why do so many think Frederik and Mary will divorce?? Is there something going on behind the scenes a la Charles and Diana??

I actually think we will <not> see many CP couples divorce in due time, for the sheer reason that all these crown princesses are just not willing to let go of the prestige, the title, and all the other prerogatives that come with being (future) queens of a country!

In my very personal opinion, Diana should have sucked it up and stayed married to Charles. Yes, yes, the personal sacrifice would have been huge, but think about it: after the very humiliatingly public divorce (ok partly her own fault for that gastly interview with bashir in 95), she was left alone to fend for herself without a title and much else, a very difficult situation. Had she been alive today, think about how she must have cringed that Camilla was eventually allowed to formally take her place! All this is why ambitious types such as Maxima, or Mary for that matter, would think twice before heading to any divorce court, is all I'm saying.

What's interesting to me is that it's therefore far easier for royal "second" born children to get a divorce and move on with life. We've seen this now with Joachim and Alexandra, and at the time with princess Margaret of England and also princess Anne.

Anyways, I find you all's observations about especially Mary and Fred very interesting, and expressing what I've always felt about Mary. On the other hand, her aloofness and the fact that she is not very affectionate with Fred in public might just be the attraction for him!

The most genuinely in love seeming CP couple is Haakon and Mette Marit. And you may all disagree, but I think Marie Chantal of Greece has good reasons to genuinely like PAvlos! He is very handsome, seems friendly and kind and interested.

"Anyways, I find you all's observations about especially Mary and Fred very interesting, and expressing what I've always felt about Mary. On the other hand, her aloofness and the fact that she is not very affectionate with Fred in public might just be the attraction for him!"

I really dont´like to read what you all are writing about CP Mary and CP Frederik in this thread. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Why are you saying that CP Mary don´t look like she is in love with her husband ???
I can´t se the affection in other royals coupels when they are out on a job together.
I have a pic. wher you can se that CP Mary and CP Frederik are wery much in love....

76y01mon_guest.jpg.jpg
and

73z01k6t_guest.jpg.jpg

Kronprinse Frederik and Kronprinsesse Mary of Denmark

Prince Maximillian and Princess Angela of Leichtenstein (sorry if word was misspelt)

Rey Don Juan-Carlos and Reina Dona Sofia of Espania (Espana en Espanol)

Don Felipe y Dona Letizia de Asturias de Espania

Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor of Jordan

Prince Ali and Princess Rym of Jordan

Crown Prince Billah and Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei Darussalum

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of The Netherlands

Queen Margherette and Prince Henrik of Denmark

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium

Sultan Hassan and Sultana Saleha of Brunei Darussalum

Reina IsobelII y Principe Felipe de Inglatera

There are many other Royal Couples, which I could mention but there isn't enough space here are just a few.:)
I know not what the future holds but only make suggestion by instincts.:)

Jeezz, Margarethe, calm down! ;)

We are just expressing our opinions.

You are right no one has proof M and F are <not> madly in love. But then, as far as Mary goes, we also do not have proof that she <is>! Just posting a picture of two people smiling at one another does not exactly cut it, in my humble opinion. If that's the case, has anyone seen the recent picture of Frederik with one of President Bush's daughters, Jenna? If we wouldn't know any better, one could certainly deduce the two are very friendly and getting along swimmingly. That doesn't mean they're madly in love though!

I agree with you Margarete that Fred seems to be besotted with Mary. But she on the other hand <does> seem somewhat aloof as far as I can tell! And that's why some among us are getting the sense that she may not be as in love with F as vice versa. Whether or not that is or is not true, we will probably never know, but one certainly can't help getting a 'sense' judging from pictures. Of course, pictures and outward appearances can be amazingly deceiving. So none of us knows the real truth about Mary! We can just hope she makes Fred the happiest guy in the world, that's all.

From what I can see she adores him, not a statement to be made lightly. She even says that Frederik her Husband is the Man in her Life. In her interviews she mentions that's the expression for her soul mate.:) :) :)

H.M. Margrethe said:
I really dont´like to read what you all are writing about CP Mary and CP Frederik in this thread.
Why are you saying that CP Mary don´t look like she is in love with her husband ???
I can´t se the affection in other royals coupels when they are out on a job together.
I have a pic. wher you can se that CP Mary and CP Frederik are wery much in love....

Last edited by a moderator:
princess olga said:
I actually think we will <not> see many CP couples divorce in due time, for the sheer reason that all these crown princesses are just not willing to let go of the prestige, the title, and all the other prerogatives that come with being (future) queens of a country!

I agree! Although I'm sure that a lot of these couples really are in love with each other, there are probably still a few who got married mostly for money/prestige/titles. Maintaining a certain lifestyle can be just as much as deterrant to divorce as being in love.

princess olga said:
Jeezz, Margarethe, calm down! ;)

We are just expressing our opinions.

You are right no one has proof M and F are <not> madly in love. But then, as far as Mary goes, we also do not have proof that she <is>! Just posting a picture of two people smiling at one another does not exactly cut it, in my humble opinion. If that's the case, has anyone seen the recent picture of Frederik with one of President Bush's daughters, Jenna? If we wouldn't know any better, one could certainly deduce the two are very friendly and getting along swimmingly. That doesn't mean they're madly in love though!

I agree with you Margarete that Fred seems to be besotted with Mary. But she on the other hand <does> seem somewhat aloof as far as I can tell! And that's why some among us are getting the sense that she may not be as in love with F as vice versa. Whether or not that is or is not true, we will probably never know, but one certainly can't help getting a 'sense' judging from pictures. Of course, pictures and outward appearances can be amazingly deceiving. So none of us knows the real truth about Mary! We can just hope she makes Fred the happiest guy in the world, that's all.

I just don´t belive that a woman like CP Mary woud be pregnant with a baby if she did NOT love the farther to her child in this case CP Frederik.
I think that when the president of USA with his wife and daughter was on the state vissit he was just being sociable to her and nothing else.

Maybe I am naive, but I hope they all stay together!:p
I like to see couples like Fred and Mary who IMHO look very much in love.
And it looks like Felipe and Letizia have had a very good influence on Juan Carlos and Sofia, because since F&L married I've been seeing them look happy together too. W-A and Maxima seem to make the rest of the dutch RF smile too..
So I'm happy if they are all happy!:D

Last edited:
Married for life (Just a few....not all):

Astrid & Lorenz of Belgium
Philippe & Mathilde of Belgium
Infanta Cristina of Spain & Iñaki Urdangarin
Alexia of Greece & Carlos Morales
Rania & Abdullah
Prince Charles & Camilla
Carl Gustaf & Silva of Sweden
Edward & Sophie
Sonja & Harald of Norway
Marilene & Mauritis
Anne Marie & Constantine
Sofia & Juan Carlos of Spain
Constantijn & Laurentien
Maximillian & Angela of Leichtenstein

Guillaume and Sybilla (not after what they have been through)
Can someone tell me more about this ?

Thank You

tiaraprin said:
Why do so many think Frederik and Mary will divorce?? Is there something going on behind the scenes a la Charles and Diana??

i dont think CP couples would have getting divorces! because CP couples will become King nor Queen after his or her parents who still as reign for more years! but i think Fred and Mary still good couples for one years but both never says for divorces!

Sara Boyce

"Which royal couples do you think will remain married for life? "

I think this is one of the questions that nobody can possibly know the answer to. A few years ago Joachim and Alexandra seemed like the "dream couple" and now look at them. I think the only Royal couples that you can sya with any certainty will stay together are from the older generations. The current Kings and Queens so to speak.

Society views marriage differently these days and isn't as committed to the concept. So it wouldn't surprise me if a few years down the line any of the Royal couples got divorced. Having said that, I hope they don't.

I dont understand how people can say that this person or that person isnt in love through photos! lol
There are alot of pics with my parents where they look like fred and mary but they are totally in love, looks can be deceiving. Im just think im lucky that im not famous because if being famous means people deciding what sort of person you are judged on photos, then personally im better off without the fame. :)

I don't think any of the older royal couples are likely to separate at this point.

But I think that Philippe and Mathilde look very happy. They seem to touch each other quite a bit in public, and that's sweet. He looks much happier than he used to.

on the 1st page of this topic many members think that Joachim and Alexandra will be married for life, but look, they are now divorced
i wonder how much we really know about the royals, how much we see is real, or simple illusions

In my defense, how were we to predict Joachim's mid-life crisis (fast cars, smoking, drinking, partying, etc.)? I thought they'd be together because I didn't count on Joachim being such a flake.

I gave my list earlier, but I do not foresee this wonderful couple (Phillippe and Mathilde) ever separating!

Last edited by a moderator:
florawindsor said:
on the 1st page of this topic many members think that Joachim and Alexandra will be married for life, but look, they are now divorced
i wonder how much we really know about the royals, how much we see is real, or simple illusions

It's like it was with Charles and Diana. The tabloids gave us startling stories even in the early 80's, which the Palace discounted. Then after the 10th anniversary it was increasingly obvious that the horror stories, which we had all discounted b/c they were in the tabloids and because we all wanted the fairytale, turned out to be true.

We don't really know anything, except what the royal pr people want us to believe.

"It's like it was with Charles and Diana. The tabloids gave us startling stories even in the early 80's, which the Palace discounted. Then after the 10th anniversary it was increasingly obvious that the horror stories, which we had all discounted b/c they were in the tabloids and because we all wanted the fairytale, turned out to be true.

We don't really know anything, except what the royal pr people want us to believe."

Iowabelle, I couldn't agree more! But I agree with some posters that it would be <very> surprising if Phillipe and Mathilde would ever divorce, they seem made for each other. But again, we don't know these people first hand so what do we really know?!? Case inpoint being Joachim and Alex.

SpiffyBallerina said:
In my defense, how were we to predict Joachim's mid-life crisis (fast cars, smoking, drinking, partying, etc.)? I thought they'd be together because I didn't count on Joachim being such a flake.

that's what i want to say too. before the divorce, all I hear of Joachim&Alexandria is how they are in love, how romantic their marriage is, never a word of his smoking, drinking, partying.

and all of a sudden, they seperated, and then divorced. then all sorts of stories of his bad behavior came out in the press. the handsome and loving prince image was damaged over night. :(

we never know really know how a royal really is, only what the press or the palace want us to know. and that can be really deceiving sometimes. our predication of their marriage, on such a unreliable basis, is thus unreliable

well its impossible to know who will stay married for life, but definately Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. I also have a feeling the Edward and Sophie will stay married. But as i said, its impossible to know what might happen in the future. I think we need Nostradamus:)

good marriages

I have been wondering for along time, regarding royal couples who are married, they seem so much in love, many of them really sacrificed so much to get married to each other, but how much of it is true? What of it is a sham. For instance, Alexandra and Joachim of Denmark seemed so much in love, when did it all go sour? to cut a long story short, which of the couples in your opinion of the old and newly weds are really in love and have a great healthy relationship? and why do you think so? or on what basis?

I suppose it's always hard to know what goes on behind closed doors with *any* marriage, especially a royal one. If by a good marriage, you mean one that's enduring, affectionate, respectful, etc, then I would nominate:
Juan Carlos and Sophia
Elizabeth and Phillip
Margrethe and Hendrik
Of the "newlywed" crop of royals I would say probably Abdullah and Rania and Frederik and Mary are true love matches that I would expect to last long. Naruhito and Masako are another pair who have overcome a lot of adversity in their time together and it seems to have brought them closer together. As for my beloved Felipe and Letizia ;) , I would say that the only problem I could see in the future would be if Letizia grew tired of her role as future Queen and all its various demands, and that might cause some friction. (Let me hasten to add I do think she and Felipe love each other very much). Again, time will tell the tale. I think whatever happened with Joachim and Alexandra was very sad but they both seemed to have put any mutual hostility aside and tried to go on with their lives.

As an outsider it's always difficult to assess the state of someone's marriage, even more so when the couple in question happen to be Royalty. I think its difficult to ever say whether somebody is more in love than another couple based on their public actions. After all, Joachim and Alexandra were incredibly affectionate in public yet behind closed doors the situation was obviously quite different.

Moreover I think it's important that just because a couple aren't particularly touchy feely, doesn't make them less in love than a couple who seem overtly passionate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom