Royals Married For Life

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think is the other way vict....I think that Felipe is not in love for Letizia...because I seen only Letizia showing her love..not Felipe...

Nathalian said:
I think is the other way vict....I think that Felipe is not in love for Letizia...because I seen only Letizia showing her love..not Felipe...
Sorry, but I can`t agree. If he wouldn`t be in love he didn`t get married with someone like Letizia. She is not the perfect candidate.

Gabriella said:
I hate to be negative, but I have my doubts about Martha-Louise and Ari. I'm not saying that they are not in love, because I really do think that they are. It just seems to me that this would be a couple who would not have any qualms about divorcing. I hope for everybodys sake that they never divorce, and I would be saddened by it if they do, I just really think that for them, it is a possibility.

It's a very sad thought, because they are one of my favourite couples, but you are right.

QEII and Philip are concrete.
Pavlos and MC
Mette Marit and Haakon
Mathilde and Phillippe (he would be an absolute fool to divorce her!)

Possibly not staying together:
Maxima and Wilhelm
Ari and MArtha Louise (I hope she gets a more suitable man if this is the case)
Felipe and Letizia
Frederick and Mary (I just hope he is not miserable already)

Will not stay together:
Emmanuelle and Clotilde

I also think its pretty crazy how just a few months ago everyone had Joachim and Alexandra on their list for being together forever...it just goes to show how hard it all is to predict and that no one can really know what its like behind closed doors. I think for the most part though that most of the Crown Princes seem to be in really genuine marriages, so hopefully they'll all be together forever.

Reina said:
QEII and Philip are concrete.
Reina said:
I agree with everyone that QEII and Prince Philip will never divorce. I don't necessarily think that it is because they are so in love, but rather that the Queen would never even consider divorce. First there is the issue that the monarch is the head of the church of England, and therefore can't be a divorced. Second, the Queen is women who is old fashioned and deeply tied to her duty. Maybe the Queen and Phillip are still in love and happy, but if they are not (its quite possible) then she would just stick it out. The Queen divorcing would cause a scandal similar to where Prince Edward abicated, and I don't think the Queen would ever want or allow that to happen.

That said heres my list:

Married for Life
-CP Hakkon & Mette-Marit
-CP Phillip & Mathlide
-CP Frederick & Mary
-CP Willem-Alexander & Maxima
-CP Pavlos & Marie-Chantel*

*Only because as someone already pointed out, she needs him for her title and he needs her for her father's fiancial contributions to the GRF

Divorced?
Martha-Louise & Ari Behn
CP Phillip & Letizica

note: I still can't believe P Jochiem & Alexandra are getting divorce. They seemed so in love. It just goes to show that in life nothing is certain

Last edited:
That's funny, you just said "nothing is certain", then you go ahead and list married and divorced. Make up your mind.

I think we all know that nothing is "certain," but it's still interesting to guess. Look how wrong many of us were with Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. Also, the problems a few years back with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik show us that even couples who have been together for long periods of time can still have their problems. QMII was very wise in saying that the younger generations typically expect things to work well all the time, but marriage is its own entity and people must work very hard to make marriage a success.

lori said:
That's funny, you just said "nothing is certain", then you go ahead and list married and divorced. Make up your mind.

I was merely listing couples who I believe (in my opinion) will stay married for life. I never said that it was "certain" that anyone of them would be together for life or get divorced. We are all making predictions about what we think will happen in the future, not stating certainties.

Last edited:
I think: Pavlos and Marie Chantal of Greece
Astrid and Lorenz of Belgium
Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium
Cristina of Spain and Iñaki Urdangarin
Alexia of Greece and Carlos Morales
Hamzah and Noor of Jordan
Alois and Sophie of Liechtenstein

Now that Charles and Camilla are getting married I believe anything. In my opinion mary and Fred will divorce also Felipe and letizia. I am not so sure about maxima and Will but I think that generally divorces will become a very comon thing from now on.

out of the older couple i think it wil be elizabeth and philip
and mt and heri but as for the younger couples only time will tell. commentment today isn't the same as in when both eliz and philip and mt and heri married.
just who of you ever thought that when charles and diana married that they would be married for life.
when they marry its not a fairy tale with a happy ending but its real life, real pressure and two different people with two different personalities coming together in marrage.
think about it

SpiffyBallerina said:
I think we all know that nothing is "certain," but it's still interesting to guess. Look how wrong many of us were with Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. Also, the problems a few years back with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik show us that even couples who have been together for long periods of time can still have their problems. QMII was very wise in saying that the younger generations typically expect things to work well all the time, but marriage is its own entity and people must work very hard to make marriage a success.

Or take Albert and Paola. A couple of the older generation who had their problems and then after years together rediscovered their love together.

Couples who will stay happily married and devoted to eachother:D

Hakon & Mette Marit (So devoted and strong I think)
Philipe & Mathilde
Maybe Maxima & Hubby
Rania & Abdullah (She'll never let him go)
Prince Charles & Camilla (I thjink he finally got it right)
Alexia of Greece and Carlos Morales
Carl Gustaf and Silva (what a solid couple)
Prince Laurent anf Princess Claire

Couples who will divorce:(
Fred & Mary
Felipe & Letzia
Martha Louise & Ari (in about 7 to 10 years)
Emmanuelle and Clotilde
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst (soon)
Princess Anne and Timothy Lawrence

Couples who will stay together miserably :eek:
Marie chantal & Pavlos
Edward & Sophie (cry cry)
I'm glad my happily married list is longer than my divorced list.

I think we are not able to judge the marriages of royalty. I personally think that many of these young couples will stay together for the sake of their countries. Now they are newly-wed with passion but in 20 years their marriage won´t be so passionate as it was before( That isn´t just the case with royalty)
And then they will stay together because of their position.

The only Crown Princely Couples who will never ever get divorced are:
1. Philippe and Mathilde
2.Frederik and Mary

Once Charles and Camilla are married I think they will be together for the rest of their lives.
Couples who I think are married for like
Elizabeth and Phillip
Haakon and Mette-Marit
Carl Gustaf and Silvia
Phillipe and Mathilde

liv said:
The only Crown Princely Couples who will never ever get divorced are:
1. Philippe and Mathilde
2.Frederik and Mary
I don't know about Fred and Mary. As much as I would love them to stay together, I feel that they won't. They seem very much in love now, but how long will it last?

i've seen a lot of pic of fred and mary and it seems that mary does't show him a lot of attention. example is when they have just announce the engagement of mary to fred and fred kisses mary's hand. she is not looking at him at all rather she is looks at the crowd. and its a trend she does in most if not all of her pic. i think she had only enough room in her heart to love herself and maybe just maybe a little room to love fred?
am i the only one who thinks of this?

Nope you are not. It seems that he has a lot of love to give, but that she is not the type (or does not have the desire) to give enough love back. I feel quite sorry for him. anyway history will tell

semisquare said:
i've seen a lot of pic of fred and mary and it seems that mary does't show him a lot of attention. example is when they have just announce the engagement of mary to fred and fred kisses mary's hand. she is not looking at him at all rather she is looks at the crowd. and its a trend she does in most if not all of her pic. i think she had only enough room in her heart to love herself and maybe just maybe a little room to love fred?
am i the only one who thinks of this?

I also do agree with you . I don't think that she is very much in love with him . I hope I'm wrong because I have the impression that Fred is a very nice guy . I had also the same impression with Letizia of Spain at the beginning but I changed my mind . But with Mary, this impression is still there ... we'll see ...

i agree with all of that fred seems to be a nice guy and i feel very bad for him if she doesnt stay will him...very sad because of his brother's marrage breaking up.

I also think that Mary and Fred will not stay together. I already said on this forum that thre is something about her that really bothers me. I have the feeling that they got married b/c she was already living in Danmark, had left her job and so on. Fred had nothing else to do, but to marry her. This is my opinion.

I think
MM and Haakon
Fillipe and Matilde
will stay together.

About WA and Maxima, I cannot really say yes or no. They look like they will last, but she has a very strong pesonality.

I have a question though...why people do not like MC of Greece? Why do you think she married Pavlos because of the title?

MC's father is very wealthy and many believe her to be a "social climber." You can't get much higher than royalty I suppose. Also, this runs both ways because it is rumored that CP Pavlos married her for the financial assistance she would provide him. I hope the situation is less cynical that all that, but one never knows...

wealthy "commoners" have been known to marry royalty for titles and "poor" royals have been known to marry commoners in the past just for their family's assets in the past. take consuelo vanderbilt as an example- it wasn't a love match. but who knows, perhaps mc and pavlos got married b/c they love(d) each other and not b/c of what the other had to offer socially or monitarily. perhaps they'll stay together b/c of their love for each other, as i hate to see any marriage fall apart.

Couples who will divorce:
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst
Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia
Prince Laurent & Princess Claire
Prince Fredrik & Princess Mary
Princess Martha Louise & Ari Mikael Behn
Princess Anne & Timothy Lawrence
Prince and Princess Pavlos
Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima

Last edited:
Married for life:
King Abullah(?) & Rania
King Carl Gustaf & Silvia
King Constantine & Anne Marie
King Harald & Sonja
King Juan Carlos & Sofia

Grand-Duke Henri & Maria Tersea

Infanta Cristina & Inaki

Prince Chales & Camilla
Prince Edward & Sophie
Prince Haakon & Mette Marit
Prince Mauritis & Marilene
Prince Phillipe & Mathilde

Princess Alexandra & Jefferson
Princess Alexia & Carlos Morales
Princess Astrid & Lorenz
Princess Benedikte & Richard

Queen Elizabeth & Philip
Queen Margrethe & Henrik

Edit: To add more

Last edited:
SpiffyBallerina said:
QMII and Henrik will be together forever because, hey, she's put up with him for this long!!! :ninja: :p

~Kathleen

Kathleen, what do you mean?

Felipe and Letizia
Cristina and Iñaki
Philipe and Mathilde

auntie said:
Kathleen, what do you mean?

I mean that I'm not a huge fan of Henrik. Queen Margrethe has been a great favorite of mine for a long time, and so I've seen enough pictures and read enough articles to see that QMII just adores Henrik while he seems annoyed and upon all the time. He acts like HE puts up with HER (when I think it's really her with the great artistic, humanitarian, and intellectual gifts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom